Windows 10: Why aren't some of the Default Modern Apps installing after SysPrep?

Discus and support Why aren't some of the Default Modern Apps installing after SysPrep? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed the current version of Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v1809 updated to build 17763.134) in a Virtual Machine with an autounattend.xml script... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArthurDurand, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Why aren't some of the Default Modern Apps installing after SysPrep?

I installed the current version of Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v1809 updated to build 17763.134) in a Virtual Machine with an autounattend.xml script booting into Audit Mode after first reboot to customize the image!

All the Store Apps installed and updated since my VM has an active internet connection, all Windows Updates and Optional Components also installed and I SysPrep'ed the image using CopyProfile option in the unattend.xml!

I noticed that some of the Default Store Apps didn't reinstall after completing OOBE! I was just wondering if I could remedy this issue by

1) Provision downloaded Apps for All Users (perhaps using WICD or a Powershell script)
    2) Removing Appx Packages for the buit-in Administrator account before Syspreping?
    3) Preventing the Store from automatically downloading Apps?

I will need some guidance as to which solution would be the simplest and some guidance on how to perform said solution as I am unsure about the process!

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!

:)

ArthurDurand, Dec 18, 2018
  2. diego Win User

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Why aren't some of the Default Modern Apps installing after SysPrep? [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Dec 18, 2018
  3. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Why aren't some of the Default Modern Apps installing after SysPrep?

Windows 10 Sysprep - App preventing Sysprep

Thanks for the info. Tried that several times. The app does not show up in the list. The attempt to remove it with powershell prompts the error: The system cannot find the file specified. Where is sysprep getting its info? Where can I go to refresh the
    list of installed apps? Is there a reset function for the installed apps?

Andrew Kelzer, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Why aren't some of the Default Modern Apps installing after SysPrep?

1. Why aren't some of the Default Modern Apps installing after SysPrep? - Similar Threads - Why aren't Default

2. Keep Metro apps after Sysprep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Metro apps after Sysprep: I am creating an OEM version of Windows 11 Home, and I want to include Metro Applications for the end-user, and after I sysprep the system, the metro applications are gone, although the apps are installed. In the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, the Metro Applications...
  3. Keep Metro apps after Sysprep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep Metro apps after Sysprep: I am creating an OEM version of Windows 11 Home, and I want to include Metro Applications for the end-user, and after I sysprep the system, the metro applications are gone, although the apps are installed. In the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, the Metro Applications...
  4. WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change: After optimizing Windows 10, a default profile was created through generalization.After optimization, all default appx packages have been removed. Is there a way to restore the generalization to the default profile without recreating it?...
  5. All default windows 10 apps aren't working.

All default windows 10 apps aren't working.: Everytime I go to open up my apps, nothing opens. This is what https://imgur.com/a/GfDVCkf Anytime I go to click on it, nothing happens. I do scans and windows find no corruptions. I did a "Reset this PC'. Both options "Keep my files" and "Remove everything". I can't...
  6. Why aren't Suggested Apps installing after SysPrep /Generalize?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why aren't Suggested Apps installing after SysPrep /Generalize?: I noticed that the Tiles of pinned Suggested Apps (FitBit Coach, Polarr Photo Editor, Dolby Access, Microsoft News, Netflix, Minecraft for Windows 10, Candy Crush Friends, Candy Crush Saga and Township) wasn't displaying properly, because they didn’t install which was the...
  7. Windows10 Setting Default App associations with DISM after sysprep not

Windows10 Setting Default App associations with DISM after sysprep not: Hi Everyone I am working on creating new Windows10 images for our organization. I am using CopyProfile during sysprep to create a default Windows profile with all our settings. For some reason the default app associations are getting cleared during sysprep. I need to find...
  8. Some curious installation experience with Sysprep

Some curious installation experience with Sysprep: I have a 3-day old clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1511. This is sysprep-ed install with 'Users' folder relocated to D: drive. This install, as I suddenly discovered, suffered from the following issue: When I started Windows Feedback app, it presented me...
  9. Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash

Sysprep and default apps and windows apps crash: Hi Everyone, I'm from France (sorry my English) I'm installing Windows 10 on new computer for my organization . I try to configurate one with fresh install (package of apps like Libreoffice, VLC, etc. for users) and custom desktop describes in this tutorial: Default...
  10. Modern apps after sysprep does not work

Modern apps after sysprep does not work: Hello. I install Windows to vhdx in hyper-v. I make two users, make some updates and install some apps. I make sysprep and copy vhdx to another PC and boot from this. After this, start menu does not work. i can not tun no modern apps, and Notifications panel does not works...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why are thge default ios apps arent installing