Windows 10: Why aren't Suggested Apps installing after SysPrep /Generalize?

Discus and support Why aren't Suggested Apps installing after SysPrep /Generalize? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I noticed that the Tiles of pinned Suggested Apps (FitBit Coach, Polarr Photo Editor, Dolby Access, Microsoft News, Netflix, Minecraft for Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArthurDurand, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Why aren't Suggested Apps installing after SysPrep /Generalize?

I noticed that the Tiles of pinned Suggested Apps (FitBit Coach, Polarr Photo Editor, Dolby Access, Microsoft News, Netflix, Minecraft for Windows 10, Candy Crush Friends, Candy Crush Saga and Township) wasn't displaying properly, because they didn’t install which was the cause of my initial problem with the Start Menu layout! As soon as I installed the Suggested Apps (FitBit Coach, Polarr Photo Editor, Dolby Access, Microsoft News, Netflix, Minecraft for Windows 10, Candy Crush Friends, Candy Crush Saga and Township) the broken Tiles of pinned Apps on the Start Menu were fixed!
    I’ve noticed that when I SysPrep without specifying the Generalize switch – I don’t have to Export, Import and enforce the Start Menu layout using Group Policy and most of the Suggested Apps (FitBit Coach, Polarr Photo Editor, Dolby Access, Microsoft News, Netflix, Minecraft for Windows 10, Candy Crush Friends, Candy Crush Saga and Township) installs automatically after I complete OOBE! Also, the Tiles of pinned Suggested Apps (FitBit Coach, Polarr Photo Editor, Dolby Access, Microsoft News, Netflix, Minecraft for Windows 10, Candy Crush Friends, Candy Crush Saga and Township) that doesn’t install automatically displays and behaves correctly by installing the App once I click on the Tile and Minecraft for Windows 10 displays its proper Tile and when I click on it I get redirected to the Store where I get offered a free trial (I don’t get Tiles with a download arrow which open up the Tips App with the message: “What's going on with my Apps? If Apps on the Start menu don’t open while you’re setting up your PC or they display the download icon, sit tight. Most likely, the App is being installed or updated and it will be available soon”)!
    I need to know how do I preserve the Suggested Apps (FitBit Coach, Polarr Photo Editor, Dolby Access, Microsoft News, Netflix, Minecraft for Windows 10, Candy Crush Friends, Candy Crush Saga and Township) that installed during the customization phase in Audit Mode so that they can be reinstalled for new users created after completing OOBE?

:)

ArthurDurand, Dec 18, 2018
  2. diego Win User

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Why aren't Suggested Apps installing after SysPrep /Generalize? [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Dec 18, 2018
  4. John Ado Win User

Why aren't Suggested Apps installing after SysPrep /Generalize?

John Ado, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Why aren't Suggested Apps installing after SysPrep /Generalize?

1. Why aren't Suggested Apps installing after SysPrep /Generalize? - Similar Threads - Why aren't Suggested

2. Keep Metro apps after Sysprep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Metro apps after Sysprep: I am creating an OEM version of Windows 11 Home, and I want to include Metro Applications for the end-user, and after I sysprep the system, the metro applications are gone, although the apps are installed. In the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, the Metro Applications...
  3. Keep Metro apps after Sysprep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep Metro apps after Sysprep: I am creating an OEM version of Windows 11 Home, and I want to include Metro Applications for the end-user, and after I sysprep the system, the metro applications are gone, although the apps are installed. In the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, the Metro Applications...
  4. Windows 11 sysprep generalize removes default app Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 sysprep generalize removes default app Windows Terminal: I'm just starting to look at creating an image of Windows 11 for deployment and I've noticed an odd issue. I haven't thoroughly tested this yet, but at the moment I believe that going from Audit Mode to OOBE with generalize seems to remove the Windows Terminal app if the...
  5. Windows 11 sysprep generalize removes default app Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 sysprep generalize removes default app Windows Terminal: I'm just starting to look at creating an image of Windows 11 for deployment and I've noticed an odd issue. I haven't thoroughly tested this yet, but at the moment I believe that going from Audit Mode to OOBE with generalize seems to remove the Windows Terminal app if the...
  6. WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change: After optimizing Windows 10, a default profile was created through generalization.After optimization, all default appx packages have been removed. Is there a way to restore the generalization to the default profile without recreating it?...
  7. Sysprep gets stuck 'Processing generalize phase Sysprep plugins' Then it boot loops loading...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep gets stuck 'Processing generalize phase Sysprep plugins' Then it boot loops loading...: I am trying to capture Windows 10 2004. I selected litetouch.vbs --> provided the administrator credentials and The sysprep execution starts while executing sysprep the VM boot loops loading files and power off. I had created a new workbench with a deployment share but it...
  8. Windows 10 - How To Create A Generalized Image With Sysprep?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - How To Create A Generalized Image With Sysprep?: Hello everyone, I was wondering on how to create a generalized Windows 10 image with Sysprep? I've looked at various guides on the internet that show how to do this, but they seem to be out of date and are missing certain details. For example, do I have to install...
  9. Why aren't some of the Default Modern Apps installing after SysPrep?

Why aren't some of the Default Modern Apps installing after SysPrep?: I installed the current version of Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v1809 updated to build 17763.134) in a Virtual Machine with an autounattend.xml script booting into Audit Mode after first reboot to customize the image! All the Store Apps installed and updated since my VM has an...
  10. Error message after generalized sysprep

Error message after generalized sysprep: I have 2 exactly the same configured Windows installations, both 32bit and 64bit. These Windows installations are referring to other other drives for specific settings, such as: * The users folder is redirected to the `U:\Users` drive * Some programs are installed on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. candy crush autounattend.xml windows 10