Windows 10: why aren't the websites i have blocked in Microsoft family under Alway's blocked

Discus and support why aren't the websites i have blocked in Microsoft family under Alway's blocked in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to block www.discordapp.com and 3 others, and none of them are being blocked. i have added them to his account but they still keep coming... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by adellemyt, Apr 17, 2020.

1. adellemyt Win User

why aren't the websites i have blocked in Microsoft family under Alway's blocked

I am trying to block www.discordapp.com and 3 others, and none of them are being blocked. i have added them to his account but they still keep coming up on Bing, Chrome and Explorer. Please help! ty

:)

adellemyt, Apr 17, 2020

2. Microsoft Family will not block Facebook

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The current design of Family Safety web filtering is to block the exact name of the website that you added to your blocked list and it doesn't matter if they use http or https when accessing the website as long as the name of the
    website is listed it will still be blocked by Family Safety.

Please provide additional information to help you better.

1) Have you tried accessing the blocked website using either of these parameters http:// or https:// and see some difference?

2) Are you managing the Family safety settings through the Family safety website or through the control panel?

3) If you are using the website, what level of web filtering restrictions did you apply?

If the web filtering restriction level is set to ‘Warn on adult’, it will allow all websites but only shows a warning when an adult website is visited. I would suggest you to set the web filtering level to either ‘Online communication’
    or ‘General interest’ or ‘Designed for Children’ filters which will block all adult website. Refer to these steps:

a) Log into the Family safety website (https://familysafety.microsoft.com/
    ).

b) Click on the child account and click on ‘Web filtering’ in the left pane.

c) Click on “restriction level’ and choose the appropriate filter.

If you are managing Family safety through control panel, then follow these steps:

a) Press Windows key + F, set the search filter to settings.

b) Type ‘Family safety’ and click on the Family safety tile.

c) Click on the child account and then click on the ‘Set web filtering’.

d) Choose the appropriate filter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 17, 2020
  3. SKH123 Win User
    Family Safety Not Blocking Websites on Google Chrome

Family safety has suddenly stopped blocking any website on the blocked list when using Google Chrome. It still blocks them on Microsoft Edge but Edge additionally blocks Google websites such as Gmail and Google Docs even though they are on the allowed list.

I have tried removing and adding back the account but it did not help. Any advice on fixing this issue will be much appreciated.

SKH123, Apr 17, 2020
  4. why aren't the websites i have blocked in Microsoft family under Alway's blocked

Microsoft Family safety (Web Filtering/Websites blocking) Issue

Hello,

I was able to setup the microsoft family safety account. I've both parent and kid account running. I bought a laptop and a windows phone for my kid. I applied that account and it seems like the family safety is working in laptop only. So, when I add certain
    websites to block list, it blocks in the laptop and when I tried opening in windows 8.1 phone it doesn't block that particular website.

The laptop has two users, one of them is my as a parent and another one is my kid. So, if I add a website under blobk list in familysafety.microsoft.com I can see that it blocks in laptop when I switch the user and try to access it. But, no matter what I
    always have access to those blocked sites in windows phone. Windows phone has primary microsoft account of my kid so it is a child account and the phone is synced with microsoft account.

Solution I tried:

I did factory reset (for windows phone that I'm having issue with) and re-signin with my kid account, which I'm controlling. (Didn't work)

Because of this issue, a question came to my mind which is "Is it actually possible to block certain websites in windows phone using microsoft family safety assuming that I'm logged in to the windows phone using microsoft account?"

I would definitely accept any alternatives of blocking certain websites using microsoft family safety.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ChhandraAadhikari, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

why aren't the websites i have blocked in Microsoft family under Alway's blocked

1. why aren't the websites i have blocked in Microsoft family under Alway's blocked - Similar Threads - why aren't websites

2. Microsoft Family Safety Blocking Websites--Not part of family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety Blocking Websites--Not part of family group: I'm having trouble with Microsoft family Safety constantly blocking websites even though I'm not a part of a family group. I keep getting "You’ll need to ask to use this site. If you want to, just send a request to an adult in your family" and ask now takes me to an error...
  3. Microsoft Family Safety Blocking Websites--Not part of family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety Blocking Websites--Not part of family group: I'm having trouble with Microsoft family Safety constantly blocking websites even though I'm not a part of a family group. I keep getting "You’ll need to ask to use this site. If you want to, just send a request to an adult in your family" and ask now takes me to an error...
  4. Family Safety - Block Pub.dev Website??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety - Block Pub.dev Website??: Okay, this is my fourth post asking about Family Safety.Why does it block the website below?I used to visit it very often and now they block it???Please, guys.That website is for dart and flutter programmer. Can you guys do your work well for once?...
  5. Family Safety website blocking

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety website blocking: Hi, The web browsing blocking for individual websites is not working in the family safety application. I believe it may be because the app is adding the scheme informationhttps twice. You can see this by adding a site and clicking or mousing over the link it adds. Below is a...
  6. Family Safety Not blocking specified websites

Family Safety Not blocking specified websites: Here are the steps I am following: 1. Find child's name and select Content Restrictions 2. Scroll down to Web browsing and switch Block inappropriate websites from Off to On. 3. Pasted the URLs that I wish to block under "Always blocked." with http and https 4. I signed out...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety - Blocking Websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Safety - Blocking Websites: Hi, When I enter in websites to block on my son's profile, these sites are not being blocked, per the browser history. What am I doing wrong? Here is a screenshot of the web browsing portion of the Microsoft Family Safety settings. [ATTACH]...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety not blocking websites properly

Microsoft Family Safety not blocking websites properly: We use Microsoft Family Safety settings for our son. Recently we noticed that some of the websites we thought were blocked are accessible when he is logged in to his account. Previously the block was working. When I go to visit his activity, the most recent date I can see...
  9. Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.

Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list.: Microsoft Family safety not blocking websites on the block list. It doesn't seem work at all actually! I put www.youtube.com on blocking list but still working on Firefox browser! please help me!...
  10. Microsoft Family Safety Not blocking websites

Microsoft Family Safety Not blocking websites: Windows 10, up to date. Microsoft Edge downloaded. I have an account set up for my 10 year old. Microsoft Family Safety is enabled. I have 8 websites allowed. "Only Allow These Websites" is enabled. "Block Inappropriate Websites" is enabled. When logged in to her account on...