Windows 10: Why as the only user, and administrator, I still need to get some fictitious "system...

Discus and support Why as the only user, and administrator, I still need to get some fictitious "system... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am the only user, and an administrator, on my new Windows 10 laptop. However, when I needed to make changes to certain files, such as antivirus... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TonyKingsf, May 13, 2020.

1. Why as the only user, and administrator, I still need to get some fictitious "system...

I am the only user, and an administrator, on my new Windows 10 laptop. However, when I needed to make changes to certain files, such as antivirus programs, Windows 10 said I require permission from a "DESKTOP-3ANG318\14155". How to get to that permission?

:)

TonyKingsf, May 13, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Administrator level User

Use Option Five again, but this time boot from a Windows 10 install usb or recovery drive. You only get asked to select an administrator account if you boot from the system's own Advanced Startup.

3. jimbobs Win User
    Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, May 13, 2020
  4. Why as the only user, and administrator, I still need to get some fictitious "system...

System administrator and You Tube restricted mode

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a local account or Microsoft account?
    2. How many user accounts are there on the computer?
    3. Do you have another administrator account on your computer?

I suggest you to refer the following link to Disable or enable Restricted Mode - Computer - YouTube Help for YouTube.

If you are having another administrator account on your PC, you can login to the administrator account and provide administrator access to the user account. Follow the steps mentioned below.

Steps:-

1. Tap on Windows + R on the keyboard.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run box.
    3. Under the Users tab, click on the
      user account and click on properties.
    4. Under Group Membership, select Administrator from the list.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Why as the only user, and administrator, I still need to get some fictitious "system...

1. Why as the only user, and administrator, I still need to get some fictitious "system... - Similar Threads - Why user administrator

2. Why need an User of "Administrator" group Administration permission?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why need an User of "Administrator" group Administration permission?: Assume I work as user "peter". This User is member of Group Administrator. Now I want to edit and SAVE a simple text file in folder C:\Program Files (X86)\someprogramm\ When I try to save it on the original place (=overwrite the existing one) the Win10 tells me something...
  3. Why do I need Run as administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I need Run as administrator?: Hi, Even if we signed in with administrator account, mostly we use Run as administrator. Why do I need Run as administrator? Regards InTechSys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-run-as-administrator/abe2c534-5986-44b7-aba1-c0e0f8bf4c6a
  4. I am the administrator and only user of my computer but still dont have "full privileges"...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am the administrator and only user of my computer but still dont have "full privileges"...: So as the title says, I'm the only user on this computer and have always been. Recently when trying to save something to my C drive or any of its subfolders I would get an error that I dont have the necessary permission to save in this location and should contact my...
  5. I accidentally removed administrator priviliges for the only active user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I accidentally removed administrator priviliges for the only active user: I can't find a way to gain access to administrator priviliges. There is only one user now, and it cannot be used to change any user settings. I have tried gaining access to the hidden admin, but I can't without having an admin user....
  6. I need some help getting rid of a user account folder

I need some help getting rid of a user account folder: So, im using the windows administrator account, but i got another folder called default in my users folder. If i delete it, it will come back again. Is it possible to get rid of the folder permanently, and how do i disable that user account? Solved, its used for creating new...
  7. Why do I still only have version 1803?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why do I still only have version 1803?: I have 3 desktops and one laptop that all run on Windows 10 1803.I am amazed that none of them have yet been updated to 1809. They install all fine regular updates.Even if I search for new updates manually, I am not notified of version 1809. I know it is possible with a...
  8. Why do I still only have version 1803?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do I still only have version 1803?: I have 3 desktops and one laptop that all run on Windows 10 1803.I am amazed that none of them have yet been updated to 1809. They install all fine regular updates.Even if I search for new updates manually, I am not notified of version 1809. I know it is possible with a...
  9. Can I remove this fictitious drive ?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Can I remove this fictitious drive ?: I installed PowerISO 2 days ago. I used it to burn an iso. Now its presence becomes permanent in my File Explorer. Is there a way to remove it ? Do I have to uninstall it if I want to remove it from File Explorer ? Thank you. [img] 42321
  10. Administrator and still need permission?

Administrator and still need permission?: I'm utterly confused about the permissions needed. I am the sole user on my pc. Under accounts, is myself only as Admin and password protected...(that's another issue)... I copied a folder from ThisPC/C/Games/Folder and tried to paste it in my E:/ drive, my dvd drive, but I...