Windows 10: Why as the only user, and administrator, I still need to get some fictitious "system...

Discus and support Why as the only user, and administrator, I still need to get some fictitious "system... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am the only user, and an administrator, on my new Windows 10 laptop. However, when I needed to make changes to certain files, such as antivirus... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TonyKingsf, May 13, 2020.

1. Why as the only user, and administrator, I still need to get some fictitious "system...

I am the only user, and an administrator, on my new Windows 10 laptop. However, when I needed to make changes to certain files, such as antivirus programs, Windows 10 said I require permission from a "DESKTOP-3ANG318\14155". How to get to that permission?

:)

TonyKingsf, May 13, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Administrator level User

Use Option Five again, but this time boot from a Windows 10 install usb or recovery drive. You only get asked to select an administrator account if you boot from the system's own Advanced Startup.

3. jimbobs Win User
    Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, May 13, 2020
  4. Why as the only user, and administrator, I still need to get some fictitious "system...

System administrator and You Tube restricted mode

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a local account or Microsoft account?
    2. How many user accounts are there on the computer?
    3. Do you have another administrator account on your computer?

I suggest you to refer the following link to Disable or enable Restricted Mode - Computer - YouTube Help for YouTube.

If you are having another administrator account on your PC, you can login to the administrator account and provide administrator access to the user account. Follow the steps mentioned below.

Steps:-

1. Tap on Windows + R on the keyboard.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run box.
    3. Under the Users tab, click on the
      user account and click on properties.
    4. Under Group Membership, select Administrator from the list.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Why as the only user, and administrator, I still need to get some fictitious "system...

1. Why as the only user, and administrator, I still need to get some fictitious "system... - Similar Threads - Why user administrator

2. As the Administrator, Why am I getting this message "The system administrator has set...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    As the Administrator, Why am I getting this message "The system administrator has set...: I am attempting to load Sonos app on a Windows 11 laptop and as the administrator I continue to get this error message:"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" ....
  3. As the Administrator, Why am I getting this message "The system administrator has set...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    As the Administrator, Why am I getting this message "The system administrator has set...: I am attempting to load Sonos app on a Windows 11 laptop and as the administrator I continue to get this error message:"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" ....
  4. I am the administrator but request still need elevation

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am the administrator but request still need elevation: I'm trying to download a file but it requires elevated access. I already checked that my account has fully permission and when I try to change any permissions I get the same error that I need elevated access. I've already tries access administrator account but I just get a...
  5. Why am I not the system administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I not the system administrator?: I use Quickbooks for bookkeeping and it says there's a Quickbooks software update waiting for me, but that I don't have the required permissions and I need to contact my system administrator, but I am the system administrator....
  6. These are my only system settings available. Im on a laptop, the user is an administrator....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    These are my only system settings available. Im on a laptop, the user is an administrator....: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/bxriy93xux351.png?width=791&format=png&auto=webp&s=f1dd92f00fb18fe1086b936ea10a74b2eef5b116 submitted by /u/Genchakis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzutb8/these_are_my_only_system_settings_available_im_on/
  7. Why need an User of "Administrator" group Administration permission?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why need an User of "Administrator" group Administration permission?: Assume I work as user "peter". This User is member of Group Administrator. Now I want to edit and SAVE a simple text file in folder C:\Program Files (X86)\someprogramm\ When I try to save it on the original place (=overwrite the existing one) the Win10 tells me something...
  8. I am the administrator and only user of my computer but still dont have "full privileges"...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am the administrator and only user of my computer but still dont have "full privileges"...: So as the title says, I'm the only user on this computer and have always been. Recently when trying to save something to my C drive or any of its subfolders I would get an error that I dont have the necessary permission to save in this location and should contact my...
  9. I need some help getting rid of a user account folder

I need some help getting rid of a user account folder: So, im using the windows administrator account, but i got another folder called default in my users folder. If i delete it, it will come back again. Is it possible to get rid of the folder permanently, and how do i disable that user account? Solved, its used for creating new...
  10. Administrator and still need permission?

Administrator and still need permission?: I'm utterly confused about the permissions needed. I am the sole user on my pc. Under accounts, is myself only as Admin and password protected...(that's another issue)... I copied a folder from ThisPC/C/Games/Folder and tried to paste it in my E:/ drive, my dvd drive, but I...