Windows 10: Why Avast won't show source code to the government, but others do

Discus and support Why Avast won't show source code to the government, but others do in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; NEW YORK -- Ask a chief executive of any security company what the crown jewel of their business is, and they'll tell you it's the source code. In a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Why Avast won't show source code to the government, but others do

Read more: Why Avast won't show source code to the government, but others do | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Nov 2, 2015

2. Will anyone from Microsoft comment on the 950 availability on Verizon?

While it is true that Microsoft could pay to have it's radios certified to operate on VZW's network, why should they? It is unfair that Microsoft should have to do this extra step when Android and iOS devices are covered by VZW. It clearly shows the lack
    of support for Windows Phone devices by VZW, and I don't blame Microsoft for taking the action they did. It is also a very STUPID move on VZW's part, and I'll explain why:

A large part of the United States government mobile devices are Blackberry devices and Windows Devices (computers). Every few years, the U.S. Government needs to update their devices, usually new Blackberries. However, with Blackberry switching their phone
    OS to Android, these devices will no longer be acceptable for government use because "open source" operating systems are not secure enough for government use. iOS does not support the necessary enterprise functions needed for government work and enterprise
    operations. So, with no other OS out there that supports security and enterprise functionality, Windows 10 OS will be the only OS left for massive government usage. If VZW wants to be pig-headed and not support this OS, they will surely lose their massive
    government contracts to AT&T and Windows 10 mobile devices. Microsoft will sell millions of Windows 10 devices to the Enterprise community and VZW will be left in the dark.

MarkBinder, Nov 2, 2015
  3. NelsonRM Win User
    Why is Microsoft giving away Windows 10 for free. Is there a catch?

Windows 10 free?? To everyone? In the world? I have learned not to trust our government. Is this a source (for the government) to gather information thru free software distribution? I find it hard to believe that Microsoft is doing this at this level
    for free. But why ask, you know the answer you are going to get-they are just trying to d everyone a favor.

NelsonRM, Nov 2, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

The source code is the property of the programmer or the company making the application. Unless they want it open source, they won't give anyone access. It is like inviting anyone to copy whatever ideas, routines, program parts he wants for their own applications. A company selling an application should never give rivals access to the source code. If anyone is not trusting the company, simply don't use the application. The damage will be far less than leaking the source code to everybody. Besides, why they don't just sandbox the application before using it? They could install it in a virtual isolated environment and test it thoroughly. And when they feel it is safe, they can install it on the real computer.

spapakons, Nov 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Why Avast won't show source code to the government, but others do - Similar Threads - Why Avast won't

2. Why is MSN newsfeed showing only conservative news sources?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is MSN newsfeed showing only conservative news sources?: Just purchased a new computer7/2023 and checking news feed...all conservative news sources? What is going on? Fox News, Washington Examiner, Daily Mail? Why would MSN not look to have neutral news sources in their feed? AP, NPR, Reuters....? This seems like propaganda to me...
  3. Why is MSN newsfeed showing only conservative news sources?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is MSN newsfeed showing only conservative news sources?: Just purchased a new computer7/2023 and checking news feed...all conservative news sources? What is going on? Fox News, Washington Examiner, Daily Mail? Why would MSN not look to have neutral news sources in their feed? AP, NPR, Reuters....? This seems like propaganda to me...
  4. XV source code

XV source code: I am looking for the up to date source code for the xv image viewer software originated by John Bradley many years ago. Does anyone have this code or can supply a link to this code ? Thanks.
  5. Why is my internet not showing but it is for others?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my internet not showing but it is for others?: Recently, I’ve had an issue where my internet randomly disconnects and disappears from the wifi list. For others the wifi is still there, however.The only method I know to counter this is just to turn my wifi off and on. However, since my family use the wifi a lot it becomes...
  6. Why is my internet not showing but it is for others?

Why is my internet not showing but it is for others?: Recently, I’ve had an issue where my internet randomly disconnects and disappears from the wifi list. For others the wifi is still there, however.The only method I know to counter this is just to turn my wifi off and on. However, since my family use the wifi a lot it becomes...
  7. Why is my internet not showing but it is for others?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Some thumbnails are showing and others are not. WHY?!?!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some thumbnails are showing and others are not. WHY?!?!?: Some of my thumbnails are showing and others are not. There is no rhyme or reason why this is happening. I've gone into "HOME: VIEW: OPTIONS: CHANGE FOLDER AND SEARCH OPTIONS: VIEW: and there, insured the check mark was NOT in "Always show icons, never thumbnails." What else...
  9. No Document in Word won't print, but I can print from other sources

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Document in Word won't print, but I can print from other sources: Hi there, Here is what is going on, I can't seem to print any document from Word, but I was able to print something from a browser. Why would that be happening? Thank you, Kevin Davis...
  10. Cam sites won't show other person on a specific internet source

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cam sites won't show other person on a specific internet source: Hello, Omegle won't show the other person on my wifi at home. When i am at a different internet source it does work. Chatroulette does work aswell. Just omegle doesn't work on a specific internet source. How can i solve this?...