Windows 10: Why Bitlocker automatically turned on without asking me any question?

Discus and support Why Bitlocker automatically turned on without asking me any question? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear, I want to know why Bitlocker automatically turned on in my laptop without asking me any question? I never used Bitlocker to protect my device.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Zin MinTun, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Why Bitlocker automatically turned on without asking me any question?

Dear,

I want to know why Bitlocker automatically turned on in my laptop without asking me any question?

I never used Bitlocker to protect my device.

But when I changed Motherboard in my laptop, Bitlocker key required to continue the window.

I never set up Bitlocker, so I don't have any Bitlocker key.

I searched the key in my personal and work mail, but not found.

And I didn't find any link to request the key.

Now I was happened to lose all my 500 GB data.

What I upset, is why automatically Bitlocker is turned on without asking me any question, choice?

:)

Zin MinTun, Nov 29, 2019
  2. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Why Bitlocker automatically turned on without asking me any question?

Xylee Del, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Why Bitlocker automatically turned on without asking me any question?

1. Why Bitlocker automatically turned on without asking me any question? - Similar Threads - Why Bitlocker automatically

2. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint: Greetings,I recently started using the Windows Hello feature with my Lenovo Thinkpad E15 fingerprint readerIt's working fine but sometimes when I power on my PC, and just as the lock screen appears and the fingerprint reader LED ring start blinking - which indicate that I...
  3. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint: Greetings,I recently started using the Windows Hello feature with my Lenovo Thinkpad E15 fingerprint readerIt's working fine but sometimes when I power on my PC, and just as the lock screen appears and the fingerprint reader LED ring start blinking - which indicate that I...
  4. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why turning on bitlocker asks me to save key on Azure AD account and not microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why turning on bitlocker asks me to save key on Azure AD account and not microsoft account?: I do not know what an Azure account is. I am logged in Windows 11 pro with my personal microsoft account. When turning on bitlocker on local disk, why can't I save key to my microsoft account?TIA.....
  6. Why turning on bitlocker asks me to save key on Azure AD account and not microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why turning on bitlocker asks me to save key on Azure AD account and not microsoft account?: I do not know what an Azure account is. I am logged in Windows 11 pro with my personal microsoft account. When turning on bitlocker on local disk, why can't I save key to my microsoft account?TIA.....
  7. Why is OneDrive automatically syncing content without asking me when I created my account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is OneDrive automatically syncing content without asking me when I created my account?: I created an outlook account for specific files that I would like to backup. I noticed that OneDrive started syncing content automatically, including photos. I don't want anything backed up on OneDrive except for very specific documents. On top of this, it backed up my phone...
  8. Bitlocker automatically encrypts connected iSCSI drive without asking. Interrupted after...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker automatically encrypts connected iSCSI drive without asking. Interrupted after...: Just bougt a Surface Book 2. Connected it to my wifi and my iSCSI drive (D:). (not a problem with any other windows laptop before) It automatically began to encrypt my D: drive, no pop-up, no asking for administrative privilegies, nothing. The log says: 23:00:00 BitLocker...
  9. Why my password is charged without asking me?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why my password is charged without asking me?: I once cheated by Microsoft with a application b4 that's why I decide not to by any Microsoft products at all. So first thing first, using pirated version of W10 v19. And yes, solve it if you can to proved that you will be there with me if I purchase your product... I was...
  10. Bitlocker turn on automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker turn on automatically: Hi All, I'm working on Drive Encryption project and the SCCM. At first we have specific AD group OU to contain test machine and link the specific GPO about drive encryption into it (See below screenshot) The BitLocker had never turn on itself before. It was just today...