Windows 10: Why can I no longer open pictures from my download folder?

Discus and support Why can I no longer open pictures from my download folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What does this mean? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chrisp5357, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Why can I no longer open pictures from my download folder?

What does this mean?

Why can I no longer open pictures from my download folder? a18abde8-7496-4cd4-9b79-7fb07fcce361?upload=true.png

:)

chrisp5357, Apr 24, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Why can I no longer open pictures from my download folder?

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Why can I no longer open pictures from my download folder?

1. Why can I no longer open pictures from my download folder? - Similar Threads - Why longer open

2. Why do I have a red x on my folders? I can no longer safe pictures to desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have a red x on my folders? I can no longer safe pictures to desktop.: From Gary H:Why do I have a red x on my folders? I can no longer safe pictures to desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-a-red-x-on-my-folders-i-can-no/fb9ddb9d-d26e-4c52-ba9a-7f08b2858a43
  3. Why do I have a red x on my folders? I can no longer safe pictures to desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have a red x on my folders? I can no longer safe pictures to desktop.: From Gary H:Why do I have a red x on my folders? I can no longer safe pictures to desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-a-red-x-on-my-folders-i-can-no/fb9ddb9d-d26e-4c52-ba9a-7f08b2858a43
  4. Why can I no longer view screenshots in the Pictures folder under 'screenshots'? win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can I no longer view screenshots in the Pictures folder under 'screenshots'? win10: I have searched and the remedy is so complicated and do not have the time or incling to attempt.Also I have been HOUNDED to upgrade to win 11 and do not want to do this...my computor does not have enough space in any case. I have the option and do not want to upgrade... when...
  5. Why can I no longer view screenshots in the Pictures folder under 'screenshots'? win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I no longer view screenshots in the Pictures folder under 'screenshots'? win10: I have searched and the remedy is so complicated and do not have the time or incling to attempt.Also I have been HOUNDED to upgrade to win 11 and do not want to do this...my computor does not have enough space in any case. I have the option and do not want to upgrade... when...
  6. Why can I no longer view screenshots in the Pictures folder under 'screenshots'? win10

7. Why Can I No Longer Download Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Can I No Longer Download Files: Need To Know:I use Windows 11 ProNo error Message other than "Not Responding"Use Chrome as primary browserOn a HP laptopIssue started on Wednesday 4/26/2023Have over 500GB of storage left on device so that is not the issueHave triedrestarting the computer restarting the...
  8. Why Can I No Longer Download Files

Why Can I No Longer Download Files: Need To Know:I use Windows 11 ProNo error Message other than "Not Responding"Use Chrome as primary browserOn a HP laptopIssue started on Wednesday 4/26/2023Have over 500GB of storage left on device so that is not the issueHave triedrestarting the computer restarting the...
  9. I can no longer download pictures from my Canon camera in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can no longer download pictures from my Canon camera in Windows 10.: I used to be able to download using the Canon Image browser, but today it "failed" to import. Tried using Windows Camera - it wouldn't connect to the device....
  10. why I can not open my pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why I can not open my pictures: all the time I try to open my picrues, It say is corrupt, why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-can-not-open-my-pictures/5d8a91ce-8711-4515-b3d4-f762b885ca08