Windows 10: Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

Discus and support Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why does the -allusers switch not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JakerSt, Sep 22, 2022.

1. JakerSt Win User

Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

Why does the -allusers switch not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell.

:)

JakerSt, Sep 22, 2022
  2. Mark0 Win User

PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers

Hello,
    I would like to ask a couple of questions regarding PowerShell commands for App management (OS build 19041.450)

First: is there any difference between
    Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    and
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    if there is only one user on the computer?

Second: what is the difference between
    Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackageName MyAppxPkg
    and
    Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers -Online -PackageName MyAppxPkg

Thanks for any help,
    Mark

Mark0, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Batou1986 Win User
    Creators Update installed. Now, how do I delete NEW default crap apps?

Use powershell as admin, first command to get the names of the app then the second command replacing "PackageFullName" with the one you wish to remove
    Code: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Remove-AppxPackage "PackageFullName"[/quote]

Batou1986, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

Hello Team,

Am trying to use Remove-AppxPackage command to remove an appx package for all the users, it fails with below error. However, If I run the command without -AllUsers attributes it works.

Command
    Remove-appxpackage "Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.2103.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" -AllUsers

Output

Remove-appxpackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor. Deployment Remove operation with target volume C: on Package Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.2103.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe from: failed with error 0x80070002. See Troubleshooting packaging, deployment, and query of Windows apps - Win32 apps | Microsoft Learn for help diagnosing app deployment issues. At line:1 char:1 + Remove-appxpackage "Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.2103.8.0_x64__8wek ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command? :)) [Remove-AppxPackage], COMException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Comman ds.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

Problem:

Unable to remove appxpackage for allusers with -allusers attribute

P.S

I use this as reference
    Remove-AppxPackage (Appx)

ADEPU Nagaraj, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

1. Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command? - Similar Threads - Why access AllUsers

2. Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers parameter not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  3. Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers parameter not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  4. Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers switch not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  6. Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers switch not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  7. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute: Hello Team,Am trying to use Remove-AppxPackage command to remove an appx package for all the users, it fails with below error. However, If I run the command without -AllUsers attributes it works.CommandRemove-appxpackage...
  8. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute: Hello Team,Am trying to use Remove-AppxPackage command to remove an appx package for all the users, it fails with below error. However, If I run the command without -AllUsers attributes it works.CommandRemove-appxpackage...
  9. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

10. PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers

PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers: Hello, I would like to ask a couple of questions regarding PowerShell commands for App management (OS build 19041.450) First: is there any difference between Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage and Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers *Microsoft.XboxApp* |...