Windows 10: why can I not change the preferences on my printer

Discus and support why can I not change the preferences on my printer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why can I not change preferences on my printer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rhonda Defoor, Jun 19, 2024.

1. why can I not change the preferences on my printer

Why can I not change preferences on my printer?

:)

Rhonda Defoor, Jun 19, 2024

2. Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jun 19, 2024
  3. How to change the default preference in system printer dialog?

To change the default printer preference in the system printer dialog, follow these steps:

1. Click on the Start button and then click on the Settings icon (it looks like a gear).
    2. In the Settings window, click on "Devices."
    3. In the Devices window, click on "Printers & scanners."
    4. In the Printers & scanners window, you will see a list of all the printers that are currently connected to your computer.
    5. Click on the printer that you want to set as the default printer.
    6. Click on the "Manage" button and then click on "Set as default." Download Best File Manager EsFileExplorer
    7. Close the Settings window and your new default printer preference will be set.
    Please note that the steps can slightly vary depending on the version of your operating system.

thejhonnymic, Jun 19, 2024
  4. why can I not change the preferences on my printer

Windows11 printer preferences

On Windows 10, with an ASUS computer. I could change printer preferences

• Paper type to PREMIUM PRESENTATION PAPER MATTE
    • Uncheck high speed printing
    • Mirror image
    • Color corrections to ADOBE RGB and Set GAMMA to 2.2
    The chosen options did not transfer to the new Lenovo with Windows 11, and I cannot find these options in printer preferences. Now the options appear very basic.

Any help appreciated.

mrs jacobs, Jun 19, 2024
Thema:

why can I not change the preferences on my printer

1. why can I not change the preferences on my printer - Similar Threads - why change preferences

2. why can I not change the preferences on my printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why can I not change the preferences on my printer: Why can I not change preferences on my printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-change-the-preferences-on-my-printer/c1cdfb9f-12fd-48cc-bf97-4c058178b12d
  3. why can I not change the preferences on my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can I not change the preferences on my printer: Why can I not change preferences on my printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-change-the-preferences-on-my-printer/c1cdfb9f-12fd-48cc-bf97-4c058178b12d
  4. Printer Preferences

Printer Preferences: Is there a way to tell windows 10 to allow each app its own printer preferences. If I set a specific preference in devices and printer it applies to all apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-preferences/1367993b-cb6b-4cdd-a928-429333b2edd2
  5. Why change my preferences?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why change my preferences?: Just finished a 10 hour+ update to Windows 10. Can't believe that it takes so long. Not so upset at the time as I am that the update changed my preferences. Who are they to think that I wanted a dark, black environment? Don't try to dictate what you think my preferences...
  6. Can I change the name of my printer,

Can I change the name of my printer,: I have two of the same with different inks and keep getting confused https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-the-name-of-my-printer/e1e84a1d-c09e-4c14-9a76-b27b318442ea
  7. Printer Preferences

Printer Preferences: Received CD from UK and changed "Printer Preferences" to "Shrink to fit". Printed Fine. Tried to go back in to change "Printer Preferences" and upon selecting printer to "Manage" received pop-up window with following: White X in small red circle followed by...
  8. Can not launch Printer Preferences window...

Can not launch Printer Preferences window...: I can't access the "printing preferences" window. Just flash and disappear on screen. However, I can access settings on Google, IE, Microsoft Edge (e.g.: to set color or non-color printing) Windows 10 Pro N - version 1909. My printer is XP-204 Epson....
  9. printer preferences

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer preferences: I want to cease using the duplex printing (default setting) to print on 1 page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-preferences/c75e4fb4-f754-47ca-b4ac-f13d921a0a60
  10. Printer preferences

Printer preferences: I have a HP Photosmart printer, which I cannot print on. when I choose the 'Printing Preferences', it's all blank, there's nothing in the boxes at the top (settings/advanced/security etc) & on the right side of the page there are just symbols. I've uninstalled & reinstalled...