Windows 10: Why can I not delete my unwanted emails?

Discus and support Why can I not delete my unwanted emails? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why can I not delete my unwanted emails * Original title: deleting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PhilipElwell, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Why can I not delete my unwanted emails?

Why can I not delete my unwanted emails

* Original title: deleting

:)

PhilipElwell, Sep 26, 2020

2. cant delete emails from an account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

• On which email account are you unable to delete unwanted emails?
    • How are you trying to delete unwanted emails?
    • Do you receive any error code or error message while deleting emails? If yes, what is it?
    • Have you tried to press Shift + Delete on your keyboard or right click on the email and select the delete option from the menu?
    • What happens when you do it?

If the issues seems to be with the Mail App, as part of troubleshooting I suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter and check.

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click view all in the left panel.
    • Select ‘Windows app ' and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please get back to us with the results. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Jekyll99 Win User
    Problem with unwanted folder deletion

I have a rather large HDD with multiple directories and sub-directories. I've recently discovered that each of these directories contains an unwanted .metadata folder, which itself contains a number of unwanted files. I'd like to delete all these .metadata folders and their contents (all identical) in one fell swoop, rather than have to laboriously wade through maybe 300 separate directories to delete them individually.

Suggestions?

Jekyll99, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Why can I not delete my unwanted emails?

How do i unsubscribe emails from unwanted senders?

Hi Bob,

There are several ways on how you can block spam emails or unwanted messages. To isolate your issue, we'd like to ask if you are trying to block spams. Meanwhile, here are some options that you can do to block unwanted messages:

Junk mail filter - Selecting Exclusive option. This feature will let you receive emails from your contact list and safe senders list. To set up a junk mail filter to Exclusive, follow these steps:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    • Click the gear icon located on the upper right panel of your mailbox, just beside your username.
    • Select More mail settings.
    • Under Preventing junk email, click on Filters and reporting option.
    • Under Choose a junk email filter, select Exclusive.
    • Click the Save button.

Email rules - You can set up email rules to filter incoming emails to automatically delete them and not getting them in your Inbox. If you want to create an email rule to delete emails coming from an email address, kindly refer to these steps:

• Click the gear icon located on the upper right panel of your mailbox, just beside your username.
    • Under Customizing Outlook, click the Rules for sorting new messages option.
    • Click the New button.
    • Under Step 1: Which messages do you want this rule to apply to?

On the first box with drop down list, select the Sender's address and in the second box with drop down list, select yes.
    • On the third box, type sender's email address. You may select any option that you want to use at first, second and third box depending on your preference.
    • Under Step 2: What action do you want to apply? Select Delete these messages.
    • Click the Save button.

Blocked senders list - You can add email address/es or domain/s in this list to stop receiving emails from them. You also need to delete them from your contact list and safe senders list as well. Perform these instructions below:

• Under “Preventing junk email”, click the Safe and blocked senders option.
    • Click Blocked senders.
    • In the Blocked email address or domain box, type the email address of the sender or the domain that you want to block, and then click Add to list.

Sweep features - Sweeping emails for deletion. By using Sweep feature it will clean up all the email from a folder and selected users specially emails from spammers. Check if these helps:

• Check the email that that you received from spammers.
    • On the top of your mailbox user interface click "Sweep."
    • Once you click "Sweep," select "Delete all from."
    • Check the small box that stating "Also block future messages."
    • Click 'Delete all."
    All the emails from the spammer will be automatically deleted and it will go directly to your deleted folder.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Why can I not delete my unwanted emails?

1. Why can I not delete my unwanted emails? - Similar Threads - Why delete unwanted

2. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  3. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  4. Why are my emails deleted from their folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my emails deleted from their folders?: Every time I receive an email that I would like to keep I place it in a selected folder. I have Windows 10 and under the email Folders File I have listed other files that I can file the emails I want to keep.Example: I have a file labelled "Receipts" and I place all of my...
  5. Why are my emails deleted from their folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my emails deleted from their folders?: Every time I receive an email that I would like to keep I place it in a selected folder. I have Windows 10 and under the email Folders File I have listed other files that I can file the emails I want to keep.Example: I have a file labelled "Receipts" and I place all of my...
  6. Why are my emails deleted from their folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. why can not I send emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    why can not I send emails: why can not I send emails you need to send an email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-not-i-send-emails/fbfeaea1-dde7-41e3-8e9e-20be6e434147
  8. I can not delete an unwanted e mail contact in WLM

in Browsers and Email
    I can not delete an unwanted e mail contact in WLM: I do not know how this contact got into my address book, but I can not delete it. It is the echo sound service from skype. All other contacts can be deleted with a right click and delete, but not this one. How can I delete this entry or shall I just ignore it. I suppose...
  9. I can not delete an unwanted contact.

in Browsers and Email
    I can not delete an unwanted contact.: Two questions in one: After the one month of using Windows 10, will the old Windows folder be deleted along with Windows live mail? If so, is there a way to preserve WLM, I really prefer to keep using this program. I do not know how this contact got into my address book,...
  10. Unwanted emails

in Browsers and Email
    Unwanted emails: I haver gmail account and ever since they change their login site I get many emails I don't want (ads) and I can't find a way to unscribe from them. Can anyone help me??? 83763