Windows 10: Why can I not delete this strange folder even after pc reset?

Discus and support Why can I not delete this strange folder even after pc reset? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using an Asus laptop. I had some 5007 events with windows defender offline scan. Full scans showed no detection. My third party anti virus logged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aswini Kumar Barik, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Why can I not delete this strange folder even after pc reset?

I am using an Asus laptop. I had some 5007 events with windows defender offline scan. Full scans showed no detection. My third party anti virus logged "My Documents" folder as ignored because access was denied. I looked up the folder using file explorer, made sure that hidden items are shown. It did not appear. When I tried creating a new folder with the same name, it asked me if I want to merge the folders. When I tried to view the contents of the containing folder using command prompt, it shows two paths that have no names in it, just dots and no "My Documents" folder. I decided to reset the

:)

Aswini Kumar Barik, Aug 13, 2022

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Why can I not delete this strange folder even after pc reset? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Why can I not delete this strange folder even after pc reset? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 13, 2022
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 13, 2022
  4. Why can I not delete this strange folder even after pc reset?

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

Why can I not delete this strange folder even after pc reset?

1. Why can I not delete this strange folder even after pc reset? - Similar Threads - Why delete strange

2. Why can i not reset my pc ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can i not reset my pc ?: have tried to use dism cleanup and this happened. Windows update doesn't work either I tried sfc scannow and it does not work. Media creation tool does not work for me. I have tried the normal reset way and it did not work. I need help nothing that I do is helping in me...
  3. Why can i not reset my pc ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why can i not reset my pc ?: have tried to use dism cleanup and this happened. Windows update doesn't work either I tried sfc scannow and it does not work. Media creation tool does not work for me. I have tried the normal reset way and it did not work. I need help nothing that I do is helping in me...
  4. Why can i not reset my pc ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why can I not delete this strange folder even after pc reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not delete this strange folder even after pc reset?: I am using an Asus laptop. I had some 5007 events with windows defender offline scan. Full scans showed no detection. My third party anti virus logged "My Documents" folder as ignored because access was denied. I looked up the folder using file explorer, made sure that hidden...
  6. Why my pc has some programs even after resetting ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why my pc has some programs even after resetting ?: I resetted my PC but still there are some programs in start menu. But I Can't open them. I choose "keep my files" while resetting. [ATTACH]...
  7. Delete strange Windows.old folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Delete strange Windows.old folder: 1903 left me with a Windows.old with only 6 folders and no files. Trying to delete I get "this folder is no longer here". I assume this is a junction point which I know nothing about. I have tried the usual Admin Command Prompt commands without luck. My last idea is to boot a...
  8. slow pc even after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow pc even after reset: my laptop suddenly became slow ad even after Nemours resets its still slow any help or suggestions would be very appreciated. my laptop is acer aspire v15 nitro, 12 gigs ram, gtx950m, intel core i7. 1tb HDD, 256SSD...
  9. Strange hidden folders in C:/ - Can they safely be deleted?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange hidden folders in C:/ - Can they safely be deleted?: Hi, On my C root disk I have lots of strange hidden folders. Can they safely be deleted? They do not contain anything except a .log file in the $SysReset folder [img] 46920
  10. Can i Delete this Folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i Delete this Folders?: Can i Delete Folder $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS on C: Drive? 9888