Windows 10: Why can I not get past the background display image on Windows 10 after starting my PC?

Discus and support Why can I not get past the background display image on Windows 10 after starting my PC? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; August 15, 2019 When starting my PC it starts normally and Windows 10 seems to load but is then stuck on the background display image. With the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JMarcusP, Aug 15, 2019.

1. JMarcusP Win User

Why can I not get past the background display image on Windows 10 after starting my PC?

August 15, 2019

When starting my PC it starts normally and Windows 10 seems to load but is then stuck on the background display image. With the background image displayed, I hit "enter" as normal to open Windows but the image goes out of focus for about 10 seconds and then comes back into focus and does not proceed to the next page where I enter my password. It is stuck on the background display image page.

Dell diagnostics could not find a problem. I then entered "Safe Mode" and changed the display image to a basic one and restarted but not change to the problem.

I then entered the Recovery Mode and tried Startup Repair and still not help.

I re-entered Recovery Mode and tried System Restore but still no help.

Will Microsoft EVER develop a stable OS??

:)

JMarcusP, Aug 15, 2019

2. How can I change the background image individually to 6 monitors in Windows 10.

Hi,

The option to customize desktop background for multiple display on Windows 10 is hidden on the modern interface of the display settings. To open the old interface to customize your desktop background, follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R key to open the run command window.
    • Type or copy and paste the command below to open the old Desktop Background
      interface window:

control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper
    • Under the Choose your desktop background option, right-click on the image that you wish to set on the desired monitor.
    • Select the Set for monitor 1 to set it on your 1st display.
    • Repeat the steps to set your background for other monitors.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Aug 15, 2019
  3. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Why can I not get past the background display image on Windows 10 after starting my PC?

Windows 10: Issues with Start Menu, background image, control panel settings command not working. Taskbar show on both the screen.

Hi Rex,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot use ms-settingsWhy can I not get past the background display image on Windows 10 after starting my PC? :personalization-background", have you tried to run the command in the Run box?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and also try to change the background image.

Step 1: I recommend you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu issues and check if it helps.
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to change the background image by following the steps below and check if it helps.
    1. Right click on Desktop screen.
    2. Then click on Personalize.
    3. Choose Background.
    4. Then try to change the background settings.

Step 3: I recommend you to make changes in the taskbar settings.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10 performance, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Why can I not get past the background display image on Windows 10 after starting my PC?

1. Why can I not get past the background display image on Windows 10 after starting my PC? - Similar Threads - Why past background

2. My laptop runs on 11 and won't get past diagnosing your pc. How can I get it started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop runs on 11 and won't get past diagnosing your pc. How can I get it started: My laptop runs on 11 and won't get past diagnosing your pc. How can I get my laptop working again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-runs-on-11-and-wont-get-past-diagnosing/8e1ca897-5aa4-48ef-841a-45dd5ae77b7f
  3. My laptop runs on 11 and won't get past diagnosing your pc. How can I get it started

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop runs on 11 and won't get past diagnosing your pc. How can I get it started: My laptop runs on 11 and won't get past diagnosing your pc. How can I get my laptop working again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-runs-on-11-and-wont-get-past-diagnosing/8e1ca897-5aa4-48ef-841a-45dd5ae77b7f
  4. How do I get my Desktop Background to display image properties?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get my Desktop Background to display image properties?: Good Day,I have a slideshow of a folder of pictures selected as my desktop background. How can I have the image Title not filename and Subject , as contained in the file properties, to display on the desktop with the image?...
  5. How do I get my Desktop Background to display image properties?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my Desktop Background to display image properties?: Good Day,I have a slideshow of a folder of pictures selected as my desktop background. How can I have the image Title not filename and Subject , as contained in the file properties, to display on the desktop with the image?...
  6. How do I get my Desktop Background to display image properties?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC login background images for windows 10

PC login background images for windows 10: How might I locate the right place to search for an image that I liked but couldn't figure out how to save the image to my computer before windows 10 updated to the next background image? I mean, Microsoft is sending these images to my hard drive that are presented to me at...
  8. unable to see images of people displays or backgrounds of image's on the screen displays....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to see images of people displays or backgrounds of image's on the screen displays....: my picture or object displayed on the screen is unrefined and look like skeletons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-see-images-of-people-displays-or/afa297a7-1c22-4f36-a02e-524b71754822
  9. Background image changes to image not on my PC

Background image changes to image not on my PC: My background on my laptop and desktop changes randomly to images that are not on either machine. The images are related to a work project that I did for a event space. It's clear that it's sync thing happening but none of the several PCs at that venue are related to my MS...
  10. desktop background image will not display

desktop background image will not display: had windows 7. now have windows 10. the start menu shows small version of correct desktop image I have chosen (family picture) but on the desktop it is black background. I can change the desktop image and it will remain black, yet the start menu image WILL change. so why...