Windows 10: Why can I not get Quick Assist to allow me to Give Assistance?

Discus and support Why can I not get Quick Assist to allow me to Give Assistance? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have the option to push the assistance another person button and sign in but then it routes me to my organizations page and opens up a web browser... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Moriah_914, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Why can I not get Quick Assist to allow me to Give Assistance?

I have the option to push the assistance another person button and sign in but then it routes me to my organizations page and opens up a web browser window and only gives me the get assistance option to put a code in. I've updated my computer to see if that is the problem but I don't see anywhere how to change settings on quick assist. I work at a school and the lady right next to me can use it to give assistance no problem.

:)

Moriah_914, Sep 15, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Quick Assist not working

Good diagnostic step.

You've tried disabling 3rd party program startups, but there could be more things starting beyond those listed in the task manager startup list, if that's what you used.

Ideally you would have hands on access to both PCs... but that's not so. All credit to them for creating a new user account etc.

If you wished to disable more startups on the problem account you could use Autoruns (free from MS). But that seems asking a bit much of someone else remotely.

Of course, the problem could have nothing whatsoever to do with startups... you might want to check all services are default, for example, in particular those necessary for this.

Presumably it's not been blocked by the firewall:
    Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10
    - some unfinished discussion as to whether both accounts had to be MS accounts or not.

I found this:
    Windows 10 Quick Assist: Helpful Remote Assistance App or Potential Vulnerability? — Steeves and Associates

https://4sysops.com/archives/remote-control-windows-10-with-quick-assist/

This gives useful detail on how it works. For example, it uses port 443, so you need to check that's not blocked.
    It also indicates how to block it- so you can check that doesn't apply.

dalchina, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Quick Assist

Hi Henry,

It's possible that your computer's Internet Options is not set properly, that's why you're experiencing issues with Quick Assist. Kindly make sure that your computer is allowed to save encrypted pages by following these steps:

• Type internet options on the search bar.
    • Click on Internet Options.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Scroll down, and make sure that Do not save encrypted pages to disk is unchecked.
    • Click OK.

Once done with the steps, try to use Quick Assist again, then check if the issue persists.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Sep 15, 2021
  4. desbest Win User

Why can I not get Quick Assist to allow me to Give Assistance?

Quick Assist, Remote Assist and Remote Desktop and RemoteApp

Here's an answer I got from a Microsoft MVP (this is not microsoft staff but instead a microsoft certification program)

desbest, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Why can I not get Quick Assist to allow me to Give Assistance?

1. Why can I not get Quick Assist to allow me to Give Assistance? - Similar Threads - Why Quick Assist

2. Why am i unable to give support on quick assist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am i unable to give support on quick assist?: I don't know why i am unable to give support form my school and my personal account. it loads on forever. can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-give-support-on-quick-assist/2d26c69f-5e44-4bb0-a51f-76859003c9c8
  3. Why am i unable to give support on quick assist?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am i unable to give support on quick assist?: I don't know why i am unable to give support form my school and my personal account. it loads on forever. can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-give-support-on-quick-assist/2d26c69f-5e44-4bb0-a51f-76859003c9c8
  4. Can quick assist be monitored?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can quick assist be monitored?: Hi All,As the subject indicates, is there a way for Quick Assist be monitored . record the session? I'm trying to check for any vulnerabilities that the application may have and this is one of them. I've checked online and this is the only thing that relates to that:"Data and...
  5. Quick Assist after v1909 upgrade Give assistance

Quick Assist after v1909 upgrade Give assistance: Today after the upgrade to v1909, when I click the 'Assist another person' button, instead of giving me the code like it has every other time, I am redirected to a webpage to Get assistance with a box to enter a code. I am unable to help now....
  6. Quick assist - Give assistance not working with MFA

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick assist - Give assistance not working with MFA: I have an issue when I try to provide assistance with the tool Quick assist. When clicking on Give assistance, it request me to select an account. When selecting an Microsoft account who have MFA enable, I'm redirected to a web page IE or Edge both tested to validate the MFA...
  7. Quick Assist cannot give assistance

Quick Assist cannot give assistance: It's July 25, 2019 and I can find plenty of content about Quick Assist, but not a single reference to explain why my version is missing the "Give Assistance" option. What is broken here? Using: Windows 10 Enterprise v1607 (bld 14393.2273), Quick Assist version...
  8. Quick Assist Give Assistance no longer generates a code

Quick Assist Give Assistance no longer generates a code: I was so happy to see Quick Assist in Windows 10. I'm able to help my parents who live on the other side of the country when they run into issues. For a while it worked like a charm. I would open Quick Assist, click the Assist another person button and then generate the code...
  9. Quick Assist - Give assistance - login - white window - no code etc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist - Give assistance - login - white window - no code etc: Hi, Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1607 build 14393.187 Run "Quick Assist" as Administrator ( or user account, makes no difference) Login with Microsoft outlook.com account Quick Assist window clears and for further information is displayed Window is not frozen, can...
  10. Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10: How to: Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10 How to Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10 The Quick Assist app enables two people to share a computer over a remote connection so that one person can help solve...