Windows 10: Why can I not make a new folder?

Discus and support Why can I not make a new folder? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] WTF, thats the most basic needs in a computer wtf!?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tomk23_reddit, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Why can I not make a new folder?

/u/tomk23_reddit, Nov 11, 2020

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Nov 11, 2020
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Why can I not make a new folder?

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Why can I not make a new folder?

1. Why can I not make a new folder? - Similar Threads - Why folder

2. File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?: Why doesn't File History show all my folders? To find my backed up file I followed the suggested path: Settings / Restore files from a current backup / One Drive etc.But only about two thirds of my One Drive folders were available.Eventually I tracked down the folder that I...
  3. File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?: Why doesn't File History show all my folders? To find my backed up file I followed the suggested path: Settings / Restore files from a current backup / One Drive etc.But only about two thirds of my One Drive folders were available.Eventually I tracked down the folder that I...
  4. File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?: I have two E: drives and two F: drives exactly the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-double-drives-ee-same-folders-in/6a1a17be-092a-4ab4-8237-8c50fb604d9b
  6. Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?

Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?: I have two E: drives and two F: drives exactly the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-double-drives-ee-same-folders-in/6a1a17be-092a-4ab4-8237-8c50fb604d9b
  7. Why when searching about a folder name that contains Hyphen-Minus in File Explorer it says...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why when searching about a folder name that contains Hyphen-Minus in File Explorer it says...: Hello everyone,I have a folder called "Test folder" as it appears in the following path: D:\Test folderand in Test folder i have other folder called "welcome - welcome", notice that the name contains Hyphen-Minus. See the following image:now, when I copy the name of the...
  8. Why when searching about a folder name that contains Hyphen-Minus in File Explorer it says...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when searching about a folder name that contains Hyphen-Minus in File Explorer it says...: Hello everyone,I have a folder called "Test folder" as it appears in the following path: D:\Test folderand in Test folder i have other folder called "welcome - welcome", notice that the name contains Hyphen-Minus. See the following image:now, when I copy the name of the...
  9. Why when searching about a folder name that contains Hyphen-Minus in File Explorer it says...

10. Why won’t My windows 11 show me my pictures out of a file folder or it used to

Why won’t My windows 11 show me my pictures out of a file folder or it used to: My old Microsoft used to let me see all my pictures all the time I’ll had to do is hit Photos and if they were in a file or had Jews hit the file and say open and there’s my pictures now it looks like Microsoft 365 wants me to pay for their Program to do all this. So is there...