Windows 10: Why can I not open any of my svg files on my computer?

Discus and support Why can I not open any of my svg files on my computer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to a new computer and Windows 10. I quickly realized I am not able to open any of mysvg and some of my png files on my computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ms. Tammy, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Ms. Tammy Win User

Why can I not open any of my svg files on my computer?

I recently upgraded to a new computer and Windows 10. I quickly realized I am not able to open any of mysvg and some of my png files on my computer. That is a problem for so many reasons. Not being able to access my files is costing me money. I do not understand why when transferred from old pc to new it has suddenly been converted to some sort of an explorer file that I can not open/use. How do you all plan to fix that? I have been loyal to Microsoft for many many years. IF this isn't corrected then I won't be loyal very long. Should have taken my son's advice and made that switch.

:)

Ms. Tammy, Apr 25, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

svg files

Hi Johnnie,

Right click an svg file, choose Open With - Choose Another App

At the bottom of the resulting menu, check the box marked, 'Always use this app to open .svg files'

Look for cricut in the list of apps, if it is there, choose that

If it is not there, scroll to the bottom and choose More Apps

If you still cannot find cricut, scroll to the bottom and choose 'Look for another App on this PC'

Locate the cricut program in either C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)

Then click OK

That will reset the file association on svg files . . .

DaveM121, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Using Paint.net with SVG Files

Hi eyore15

Select the SVG file thats now associated with IE.

Right click it

Click Properties

Click the General tab

Click Change

Scroll through the list

Choose Paint.NET

Click OK

Click Apply then OK

Paint.NET or any other graphics program you choose that can open SVG files should become the default.

Andre for Directly, Apr 25, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Computer is saving my SVG file as an internet explorer doc. what can I do?

Hi OGeneJacobs

Those files are okay, they are just opening in the wrong program . . .

Internet Explorer in Windows is the default SVG viewer, you just need to change the file associations on svg files . ..

Right click an svg file, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open svg . . .'

If the app you want to use is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if the app is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find the application you want to use

DaveM121, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Why can I not open any of my svg files on my computer? - Similar Threads - Why open svg

2. Why can't I open any of my files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I open any of my files?: I can't open any of my files on my computer. Each time i try and open something i get an error mess saying No such interface supported and just now i downloaded a picture of my computer screen with the error message on it and when i tried to open it to insert it to this...
  3. Why can't I open any of my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I open any of my files?: I can't open any of my files on my computer. Each time i try and open something i get an error mess saying No such interface supported and just now i downloaded a picture of my computer screen with the error message on it and when i tried to open it to insert it to this...
  4. I can't open any files on my computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't open any files on my computer.: I clicked the file explorer, sniping tool, My PC countless times and nothing opens. I restarted my computer and the same thing happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-any-files-on-my-computer/52e9b7a9-8e81-4898-8417-32f6031918bc
  5. I can't open any of my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open any of my files: I pulled up one of my folders on my desktop and tried opening one of my files and it brings up a code saying the file can't be found. I have tried restarting my computer. I tried clicking on a different file to see if it was just that one or more. All of my files microsoft...
  6. .svg files opening with Microsoft edge - why

.svg files opening with Microsoft edge - why: after the last windows update 0ver 1000 svg files now want to open with microsoft edge. Help please! I need this fixed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/svg-files-opening-with-microsoft-edge-why/9ed0774f-f8f0-4090-bed7-08a8612e9235
  7. I can't open any files on my computer.

I can't open any files on my computer.: Hi all, Turned on my computer this morning and suddenly I can't open any files. It doesn't matter if the files are in my downloads folder, on my desktop, or any other location. It also doesn't depend on the file format. I can't open anything. I've tried restarting but that...
  8. svg files

svg files: I want to know why all of a sudden my downloads for my cricut design space are converting to svg documents and not svg files!! and how can I convert what I downloaded already from svg documents to svg files for me to be able to use for my cricut design space....
  9. Computer is saving my SVG file as an internet explorer doc. what can I do?

Computer is saving my SVG file as an internet explorer doc. what can I do?: windows 10! My computer is saving my SVG file as an internet explorer doc. I can't use this in circuit design space. what can I do? * Original title: HELP! I need an anser...
  10. why i can not open my settings on my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    why i can not open my settings on my computer: I clik on my settings and it comes up for a few mins then it goes out I can not get in to my settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/why-i-can-not-open-my-settings-on-my-computer/231e6c32-463e-4aec-9c9a-f6196f907ca8