Windows 10: Why can I not see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others

Discus and support Why can I not see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot see my own wifi router 3 feet away in my laptop connection list but I can see many other connections. All drivers are up to date. Resetting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ruth Daniel1, May 25, 2023.

1. Why can I not see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others

I cannot see my own wifi router 3 feet away in my laptop connection list but I can see many other connections. All drivers are up to date. Resetting the router and modem doesn't help. all my devices connect correctly except my laptop. What can I do to fix this issue?.

:)

Ruth Daniel1, May 25, 2023

2. Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, May 25, 2023
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Internet through wifi connection

Hi Sammy,

A few possible reasons can cause WiFi connection issues. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Can you connect to the WiFi hotspot of your router? If yes, what is the status of the connection?
    • Does your laptop automatically connect to the WiFi? Do you need to type a password when connecting?
    • Can your laptop detect other WiFi hotspots around your location?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter while connected using WiFi. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, May 25, 2023
  4. tmork Win User

Why can I not see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others

Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Hello,

as the Title says, ever since upgrading to windows 10, my laptop will not automatically connect to my university wifi. It simply says (translated from german) "connection to this network is impossible".
    to bypass this issue i have to go to the "known networks" list and make my laptop forget the university wifi network.
    after that i can manually connect to the wifi and it prompts me to type in my id and pass as it is supposed to, then it logs me in. It is (obviously) a public network, so i suppose its got to do something with security settings, but i didnt find anything that would seem to solve the issue.
    things ive tried:
    • change frequency of 802.11 to 20MHz only (from automatically).
    • enable FIPS encryption.
    • Update my network adapters drivers.
    • manually type in the id and pw in the specific networks settings

the thing is, when i had win7 on this laptop it would always autoconnect to this network, it only happened after installing win10.

edit: fixed typo in title

tmork, May 25, 2023
Thema:

Why can I not see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others

1. Why can I not see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others - Similar Threads - Why own wifi

2. cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other: I have an USB WI-FI adapter that has been and is still working perfectly. Suddenly it cant see my wifi network today while every other device can see and can connect to that wifi network. I tried restarting the router, returning the router to factory settings, changing the...
  3. cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other: I have an USB WI-FI adapter that has been and is still working perfectly. Suddenly it cant see my wifi network today while every other device can see and can connect to that wifi network. I tried restarting the router, returning the router to factory settings, changing the...
  4. cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why can I not see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others: I cannot see my own wifi router 3 feet away in my laptop connection list but I can see many other connections. All drivers are up to date. Resetting the router and modem doesn't help. all my devices connect correctly except my laptop. What can I do to fix this issue?....
  6. Why can I not see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others

Why can I not see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others: i cannot see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-see-my-own-wifi-in-my-laptop/a9072566-85a7-4611-9f5b-88aad288454d
  7. I can see all wifi networks but not my own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can see all wifi networks but not my own: I did some updates and now I can't see my own wifi network on 1 of my laptops. I can all other known networks. I know it's broadcasting because I can see my wifi network on other devices phones, other laptops & smart TVs. I'm stumped... Any ideas would be appreciated....
  8. I can see all wifi networks but not my own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can see all wifi networks but not my own: I did some updates and now I can't see my own wifi network on 1 of my laptops. I can all other known networks. I know it's broadcasting because I can see my wifi network on other devices phones, other laptops & smart TVs. I'm stumped... Any ideas would be appreciated....
  9. I can see all wifi networks but not my own

10. I can see other's WiFi networks but not my own

I can see other's WiFi networks but not my own: Hi, I have Windows 10 on an ASUS Zen Pro laptop. I can connect to the internet by ethernet cable but can not connect to our WiFi network. Other devices in our home can connect to the WiFi except for this ASUS Zen Pro laptop. I can see my neighbor's WiFi networks from the...