Windows 10: Why can I not see other PCs on my network?

Discus and support Why can I not see other PCs on my network? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a small home network with two computers on the same WiFi connection. Both are Windows 10 and I log on to them with the same Microsoft account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by servo75, Sep 26, 2020.

1. servo75 Win User

Why can I not see other PCs on my network?

I have a small home network with two computers on the same WiFi connection. Both are Windows 10 and I log on to them with the same Microsoft account. They are both on the same workgroup. So pretty simple setup. I store files on my desktop that I often access from the laptop.

Lately, I had to restore my laptop to a factory image. After doing this, and the usual tasks of turning on discovery, file sharing, etc., I find that the newly restored laptop can no longer connect to, or ping, the desktop. The reverse does work however. I am able to see the laptop from the desktop but not vice versa. NOTHIng has changed on the desktop in terms of shared folders, permissions, etc. What else can I try? I had this working before the laptop reset!

I can verify I've done the following things:
    * Both computers are on the same wi-fi network.

* Both computers are signed on using my Microsoft account.

* Network and file sharing is turned on on both computers, as is network discovery.

* The desktop can see network folders on the laptop, just not vice versa.

:)

servo75, Sep 26, 2020
  2. Groggubus Win User

Network PC Win10 1903 issue Error Code 0x80070035

i followed these steps, but no matter what, i couldnt stop network list services.

"windows could not stop the network list service on local computer. error 1061: the service cannot accept control messages at this time".

also, which pc am i meant to be running this fix on? both PC's reported error 1061.

Groggubus, Sep 26, 2020
  3. wortex Win User
    My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

wortex, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Why can I not see other PCs on my network?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Why can I not see other PCs on my network?

1. Why can I not see other PCs on my network? - Similar Threads - Why PCs network

2. I can't see my home wifi in one of my PCs but can see on other PCs and cellphone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't see my home wifi in one of my PCs but can see on other PCs and cellphone.: Suddenly, I can't see my home wifi in one only one of my desktop computers 6 years old. I can see it on other PC and two laptops and all the cellphones. But just this one PC has problem detecting my home wifi. It shows all the neighbors' wifi. I did all the follwoings:All the...
  3. Networking problems- can't see other PCs

Networking problems- can't see other PCs: We have a home networking router Nighthawk 7000 setup with 3 PCs 2 are Win 10 Home, 1 is Win 7 Home connected with ethernet, two Win 10 Home laptops connected via wifi. Here is the current state of affairs, under Explorer>Network: The Dell Win 7 PC can see all shared...
  4. cannot see other pcs on network????

cannot see other pcs on network????: all of a sudden, i cannot see the other 2 pcs on my network, nor can they see me. i have win 10 64 home on all, all updates as of today, have made sure 2 Function services are started, and all SMB file sharing boxes are checked in windows programs and features. i even tried...
  5. Other PCs on my Network???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Other PCs on my Network???: Hi guys, I've looked at my Network (This PC>Network) and have seen two other PC/Desktops that I don't recognise. What could this be and how can I find out? All help is appreciated! Thanks. submitted by /u/yeebaa [link] [comments]...
  6. Some network PCs not seeing each other

Some network PCs not seeing each other: I have 5 PCs on my network, all running Windows10. Some are connected to the router by ethernet, others by wifi: it doesn't seem to matter which. A, B and C can see all 5 including themselves. Both D and E can only see B and D. What could be stopping them seeing all five?...
  7. Some PCs Can See Everything on Network While Others Cannot

Some PCs Can See Everything on Network While Others Cannot: Hello, I'm having a strange issue. Our business network has about 100 different devices on it, a combination of printers, servers, and work stations. One of our managers recently had to set up a new machine and now she's unable to see all of the devices on the network, she...
  8. PCs Can't See Each Other On A Network

PCs Can't See Each Other On A Network: Hi Our network has not been working properly for ages but we've coped. Now, however, I want to get it working as it should do. Our network comprises three PCs, our two main PCs and a spare which does get used on a regular basis. All are connected via ethernet cables and...
  9. why can I no longer see other computers on my network?

why can I no longer see other computers on my network?: It seems ever since they(Microsoft) got rid of the homegroup I can no longer see other computers on my network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/why-can-i-no-longer-see-other-computers-on-my/da8c492d-3223-47f7-b205-f22790627e72
  10. Can't see inside other PCs on network

Can't see inside other PCs on network: I posted this originally in the Insiders section --but got no response -- so I'm reposting it here. I have a Win8.1 PC that I use as a file server, so I regularly connect to it, using "tried and true" accessing techniques that have worked fine for years. I set up the...