Windows 10: Why can I not see thumbnails in File Explorer

Discus and support Why can I not see thumbnails in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why can I not see thumbnails in File Explorer??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LawrencePearson, May 12, 2019.

1. Why can I not see thumbnails in File Explorer

Why can I not see thumbnails in File Explorer??

:)

LawrencePearson, May 12, 2019
  2. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, May 12, 2019
  3. Thumbnail support for Adobe Applications within Windows Explorer

There is an option in File Explorer that allows icons to change in thumbnail view in Windows 10. To enable thumbnail view, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
    • Click the View tab of File Explorer.
    • Click Options.
    • In the Folder Options, click the View tab.
    • Make sure that the Display file icon on thumbnails checkbox were enabled.
    Let us know if you can now view Adobe program icons.

Johann Eva, May 12, 2019
  4. d0gknees Win User

Why can I not see thumbnails in File Explorer

Thumbnail support for Adobe Applications within Windows Explorer

The OP doesn't want icons, they want to see thumbnails showing an image of the document contents for all the Adobe file types listed.

d0gknees, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Why can I not see thumbnails in File Explorer

1. Why can I not see thumbnails in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Why thumbnails File

2. Why are photo thumbnails not showing in Win11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are photo thumbnails not showing in Win11 File Explorer: I am gradually getting all my files transferred from my old HP850 Win7 laptop to new HPSpectre16 Win 11 laptop.I know that I have duplicate photo files and folders and was going to start sorting these this weekend.However, in File Explorer, for some unknown reason, when I...
  3. Why are photo thumbnails not showing in Win11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are photo thumbnails not showing in Win11 File Explorer: I am gradually getting all my files transferred from my old HP850 Win7 laptop to new HPSpectre16 Win 11 laptop.I know that I have duplicate photo files and folders and was going to start sorting these this weekend.However, in File Explorer, for some unknown reason, when I...
  4. Why can't i see thumbnails in alt+tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i see thumbnails in alt+tab: So like 1-2 months ago or so, i got an update for windows 11, so i decided to update of course. Then when the pc rebooted, and i opened some game, i think it was roblox since i used to play it i don't anymore, since it disables every SINGLE hotkey on my entire keyboard,...
  5. Why can't i see thumbnails in alt+tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't i see thumbnails in alt+tab: So like 1-2 months ago or so, i got an update for windows 11, so i decided to update of course. Then when the pc rebooted, and i opened some game, i think it was roblox since i used to play it i don't anymore, since it disables every SINGLE hotkey on my entire keyboard,...
  6. In File Explorer, why are there no thumbnails of SD cards images?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In File Explorer, why are there no thumbnails of SD cards images?: In Folder Options > View I have unchecked Always show icons, never thumbnails. In the other folders in the File Explorer icons are shown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-file-explorer-why-are-there-no-thumbnails-of-sd/8875ccbc-28d5-4c2b-be14-90bfc7b1067b
  7. Why can I not rename a file in File Explorer?

Why can I not rename a file in File Explorer?: When I enter a new file and change the name, File Explorer closes. When I do reopen, the name has not been changed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-rename-a-file-in-file-explorer/8ae0da8a-df59-47e6-abd7-1cf5abbe7509
  8. Why can I not see CR3 RAW file thumbnail images in file explorer, when i used to be able to...

Why can I not see CR3 RAW file thumbnail images in file explorer, when i used to be able to...: Hi, I have just added a Canon EOS R to my quiver of cameras...and whilst I am loving it for many reasons I am finding the fact I cannot see the RAW thumbnails in file explorer a pain in the behind. When I download my images to my pc , I then need to cull the photos I do not...
  9. 77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file

77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file: 77d can not see thumbnail in cr2 file. Just bought the camera but have been shootig with a canon for 3 years and no problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/77d-can-not-see-thumbnail-in-cr2-file/1044b918-081d-4a23-a6f4-d712023de5eb"
  10. Why i can't see thumbnails preview in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why i can't see thumbnails preview in file explorer ?: I have window 10 home. I'm in the directory on my hard disk c:\ I can see maybe 2-3 thumbnails preview the rest are icons and i have like 400 items most of them thumbnails/images of some types: png jpg bmp. My hard disk c: have 93.6 GB free out of 139 GB And i tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot see thumbnails in quick access

2. opening folders from explorer cant see thumbnails