Windows 10: Why can I not turn off parental controls for my son's account?

Discus and support Why can I not turn off parental controls for my son's account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; A few months ago linked up my son's account to mine and set up parental controls. We decided to remove it again, but even after removing his account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Lars Dyring Larsen, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Why can I not turn off parental controls for my son's account?

A few months ago linked up my son's account to mine and set up parental controls. We decided to remove it again, but even after removing his account the restrictions remained. I have tried several approaches after Googling how to resolve it, including unticking the restrictions before removing his account, but nothing seems to work. For instance, when he tries to download a piece of software it will ask for my password but even when entering my password it doesn't allow him to download the software. He also can't use Chrome which is really annoying.

It seems like there is a bug in the system and from doing a bit of Googling it looks like I'm not the only one with this problem.

What do I do?

:)

Lars Dyring Larsen, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Aaric.F Win User

Cannot turn off parental control on Xbox Live

Hello, so the situation is that my younger son which is underage has an Xbox Live account with is parental controlled. We want to give the account to his older brother which is 20 years old but the problem is that we cannot turn off the parental control,
    please help. Thank you.

Aaric.F, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Turn off Parental Control

How do you turn off parent

al control

[Original Title: parental control]

FELIX WISTROM, Aug 6, 2020
  4. dsinsider Win User

Why can I not turn off parental controls for my son's account?

My son's parental control doesn't work

Hello, I set up my son's account with a limit of 2 hours per day. The parental control worked for some time and than I noticed that it stopped working. I deleted and re-added his account. It worked for several days and than stopped again. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

dsinsider, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Why can I not turn off parental controls for my son's account?

1. Why can I not turn off parental controls for my son's account? - Similar Threads - Why turn off

2. Why do I have parental control ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do I have parental control ?: I reinstalled windows 10 home and selected delete everything. Now when I try to use it it says "Time's up. This device is locked because of you family settings for screen time. But before reinstalling I did not have parental control...
  3. Why do I have parental control ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have parental control ?: I reinstalled windows 10 home and selected delete everything. Now when I try to use it it says "Time's up. This device is locked because of you family settings for screen time. But before reinstalling I did not have parental control...
  4. Why do I have parental control ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I transfer Minecraft to my son's account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer Minecraft to my son's account?: I purchased Minecraft using my email account a few months ago. My son got a computer for Christmas and I set it up with his email. Can I transfer my Minecraft purchase to his email so he can have it on his account instead of mine?...
  6. Can I transfer Minecraft to my son's account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer Minecraft to my son's account?: I purchased Minecraft using my email account a few months ago. My son got a computer for Christmas and I set it up with his email. Can I transfer my Minecraft purchase to his email so he can have it on his account instead of mine?...
  7. Parent: How to turn off Wins 10 Parental Control totally

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parent: How to turn off Wins 10 Parental Control totally: Hi, I set up parental control on my PC when my kids was younger. Which means they each have their own sign in ID on my PC. Eg: If the son want to use, he will log in his ID. I am of course the main Admin User. I think this is tagged to the Microsoft Family . As they have...
  8. How do I put a "parental control" on MY account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I put a "parental control" on MY account?: Everything I search for says to open a new account. WHY? I just want to but a block on sites that my grandchildren may stumble upon when using MY computer. In windows past I could pull up a site that would accept a code to turn on or off....
  9. Turn off user account control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off user account control: Every time start my laptop is get this notification on my windows "restart this computer to turn off user account control". many methods implemented but nothing to gain.. was hoping that update 2004 may resolve this problem. but still facing the same issue when start my...
  10. Remove the parental control on my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove the parental control on my account: To start off I'm not fully read up on all the terms and sometimes I may repeat myself but it's because english isn't my first language and explaining is really difficult. Now to my problem, basically I've just bought Forza Horizon 4 and I am trying to play it with my...