Windows 10: Why can I not turn off parental controls for my son's account?

Discus and support Why can I not turn off parental controls for my son's account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; A few months ago linked up my son's account to mine and set up parental controls. We decided to remove it again, but even after removing his account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Lars Dyring Larsen, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Why can I not turn off parental controls for my son's account?

A few months ago linked up my son's account to mine and set up parental controls. We decided to remove it again, but even after removing his account the restrictions remained. I have tried several approaches after Googling how to resolve it, including unticking the restrictions before removing his account, but nothing seems to work. For instance, when he tries to download a piece of software it will ask for my password but even when entering my password it doesn't allow him to download the software. He also can't use Chrome which is really annoying.

It seems like there is a bug in the system and from doing a bit of Googling it looks like I'm not the only one with this problem.

What do I do?

:)

Lars Dyring Larsen, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Aaric.F Win User

Cannot turn off parental control on Xbox Live

Hello, so the situation is that my younger son which is underage has an Xbox Live account with is parental controlled. We want to give the account to his older brother which is 20 years old but the problem is that we cannot turn off the parental control,
    please help. Thank you.

Aaric.F, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Turn off Parental Control

How do you turn off parent

al control

[Original Title: parental control]

FELIX WISTROM, Aug 6, 2020
  4. dsinsider Win User

Why can I not turn off parental controls for my son's account?

My son's parental control doesn't work

Hello, I set up my son's account with a limit of 2 hours per day. The parental control worked for some time and than I noticed that it stopped working. I deleted and re-added his account. It worked for several days and than stopped again. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

dsinsider, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Why can I not turn off parental controls for my son's account?

1. Why can I not turn off parental controls for my son's account? - Similar Threads - Why turn off

2. How can I turn off user account control for one specific program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn off user account control for one specific program?: Hi there, Whenever I open the program the annoying windows 10 UAC always pops up even I clearly know that the program is safe, is there a way to disable this? I don't want to turn it off completely but only for this particular program , thank you submitted by...
  3. How do I turn off the family time notification settings for my son's child account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I turn off the family time notification settings for my son's child account?: My son's child account is set up so that he has screen time limits and time restricted access to the online games that he plays. In the final hour of his allotted time schedule he receives a number of pop-up notification windows telling him that time is running out with...
  4. Turn off user account control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off user account control: Every time start my laptop is get this notification on my windows "restart this computer to turn off user account control". many methods implemented but nothing to gain.. was hoping that update 2004 may resolve this problem. but still facing the same issue when start my...
  5. How can I change my sons email account

How can I change my sons email account: How can I change my sons email account associated with his gamertag that is on my family account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-sons-email-account/580c0aeb-5980-4039-ae9b-9abe0505a0fd
  6. Can I share my Minecraft app with my son's account?

Can I share my Minecraft app with my son's account?: I have bought Minecraft Windows 10 version under my account. My son is 10 and I have created a child account for him linked mine. Is it possible to share the game with my son's account? Or shall I buy it again for him? We will not play it at same time or use multi-player...
  7. How can I set screen times and parental controls for the ADMINISTRATOR account?

How can I set screen times and parental controls for the ADMINISTRATOR account?: Hi, my son has a laptop and an xbox. I'd like to set screen time limits and access to the web etc. At the moment he uses my Microsoft account. I can't set him up as a new 'child' in the family group as he will then lose his access to xbox and all his settings on the laptop...
  8. Remove the parental control on my account

Remove the parental control on my account: To start off I'm not fully read up on all the terms and sometimes I may repeat myself but it's because english isn't my first language and explaining is really difficult. Now to my problem, basically I've just bought Forza Horizon 4 and I am trying to play it with my...
  9. How to turn off User Account Control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to turn off User Account Control: I am finding it very hard to find all the settings. the PC Settings tab has very little on it. I would love to have my Control Panel back, but the first thing I want is to turn off the useless User Account Control. It does nothing but waste time asking if I want to open a...
  10. Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account

Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've just re-installed Windows 10 on a family laptop. I want to create accounts for my two children (aged 13 & 11) that have a degree of protection, mainly in terms of sites and content types that they can access. However I don't like the fact that to create a child...