Windows 10: Why can I not turn on Windows 10 automatic update? When I select it, it deselects itself.

Discus and support Why can I not turn on Windows 10 automatic update? When I select it, it deselects itself. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why can I not turn on Windows 10 automatic update? When I select it, it deselects itself.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by manhquy87, Aug 8, 2018.

1. manhquy87 Win User

Why can I not turn on Windows 10 automatic update? When I select it, it deselects itself.

Why can I not turn on Windows 10 automatic update? When I select it, it deselects itself.

:)

manhquy87, Aug 8, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 8, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Aug 8, 2018
  4. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Why can I not turn on Windows 10 automatic update? When I select it, it deselects itself. - Similar Threads - Why turn automatic

2. Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?: As an example, I'm trying to type the word "Test" into an Excel cell, but it automatically gets de-selected so I have to click into the cell again to continue typing until it happens again. I noticed if I just stop, the cell selects and de-selects repeatedly by itself. It's...
  3. Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?: As an example, I'm trying to type the word "Test" into an Excel cell, but it automatically gets de-selected so I have to click into the cell again to continue typing until it happens again. I noticed if I just stop, the cell selects and de-selects repeatedly by itself. It's...
  4. Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Every wireless signal in range is set to automatically connect. When I deselect...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Every wireless signal in range is set to automatically connect. When I deselect...: This seems to be a known issue that has existed for over 5 years but I do not see any solutions on the forum. Windows is set to automatically connect to every wireless signal in range and I can not deselect this option. Microsoft, please don't bother having one of your people...
  6. When I click to deselect "Connect Automatically" to a wireless network, my settings are not...

When I click to deselect "Connect Automatically" to a wireless network, my settings are not...: Hi there, We are having problems with competing wifi at work and home. I deselect "connect automatically" in the network list. When I re-open my network list, I see "Connect Automatically" is still selected. I also cannot remove the offending/unwanted wifi networks...
  7. UPDATES: HOW CAN I DESELECT 98% OF THEM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UPDATES: HOW CAN I DESELECT 98% OF THEM: I have windows on my macbook for one app.... I don't have the data plan for these and I dont care for all the sanctioned spyware MS insists on clogging up my already small partition with. How can I chose to omit updates? See I installed a bittorrent app, Windows...
  8. "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" setting turns itself off

"Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" setting turns itself off: Hello All, Frequently, more than once a week, I notice that OneDrive is not running on my Windows 10 Pro PC. 1) I look in settings, and "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" is not checked. 2) I check it. 3) And soon OneDrive stops running and...
  9. Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on: I've been trying to turn on Auto Updates on my laptop (using Windows 10) but when I click to turn it on, it will literally just default back to off seconds after I turn it on. Highly unusual, I've never had this happen on any laptop or PC I've had before, be it Windows 10 or...
  10. Deselection and minimization of windows itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Deselection and minimization of windows itself: I recently purchased a laptop with Windows 10 installed for some reason from the beginning of using it I realized a program deselects by itself. As for example, while I'm typing something the cursor disappears and I need to reselect in order to continue typing. Also, it...