Windows 10: Why can I only connect to Microsoft store when using a VPN connection

Discus and support Why can I only connect to Microsoft store when using a VPN connection in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I can only connect to the Microsoft store and feedback hub when connected to my VPN connection. If I try and connect without using the VPN I get an... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ChristopherLloyd2, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Why can I only connect to Microsoft store when using a VPN connection

I can only connect to the Microsoft store and feedback hub when connected to my VPN connection. If I try and connect without using the VPN I get an error and message to try again later

:)

ChristopherLloyd2, Apr 23, 2021
  2. onlya Win User

No access to Windows Store when connected to VPN

I have seen quite few posts here and there about it as well. I was hoping you guys on this forum might posses some more knowledge about this issue.

Anyway, VPN I use is self hosted one on VPS. Of course, suggested method "don't use VPN" works but then it undermines whole sense of using VPN.

I forgot to mention in my first post, that once "connection" with Windows Store is established without active VPN connection, I can turn on VPN and download apps as usual. Once OS is rebooted Microsoft Store serves the same error again.

I will try to send feedback if this is the only way to get it sorted.

onlya, Apr 23, 2021
  3. kolluru Win User
    Windows store doesnt connect while VPN is connected

I am connected to internal wi-fi network and i have VPN connected. I see that Store is not connecting while VPN is ON.

i am able to access other apps and edge too, but store is throwing error as check your connection

Any suggestions/solutions on this issue appreciated.

kolluru, Apr 23, 2021
  4. aj99000 Win User

Why can I only connect to Microsoft store when using a VPN connection

No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected

This particular issue has been going on for almost a month now. My companies IT department is still trying to figure out the root cause. Below is a list of isolation / troubleshooting i've done.

Issue: Once connected to the work VPN (successfully) the internet connection on the Windows 10 machine disconnects and does not allow any network traffic.

OS: Windows 10 Home - Version: 1909 (OS Build 18363.476)

Computer: Razor Blade 2019

- Latest drivers installed

- Latest Windows updates installed

- System Wide issue

Troubleshooting / Isolation

• Cellular Data: Verified the Windows machine can connect to a hotspot and successfully browse the internet. (No VPN involved)

• Cellular Data + Work VPN: Verified the Windows machine can connect to the hotspot & successfully connect to work VPN and successfully browse the internet.

• Home WiFi: Verified Windows machine can connect to the home wifi network and successfully browse the internet (No VPN involved)

• Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified Windows machine can connect to home WiFi. It can successfully connect to work VPN. However once the work VPN is connected, the home WiFi network indicates (No Internet Access)

• Ping Test + Work VPN: Verified I can successfully ping (work) websites and even the work VPN URL successfully without any packet loss. However once I go to ping (non-work) related addresses like google.com, apple.com etc. there is packet loss.

At this point I decided to test my work VPN on my iPhone & Apple Mac.

• iPhone: Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified the iPhone successfully connects to home WiFi network and the work VPN and can successfully browse the internet.

• Mac: Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified the Mac successfully connects to home WiFi network and the work VPN and can successfully browse the internet.

Isolated: Only the Windows machine seems to be affected. I even verified this issue occurs on multiple Windows user accounts on the Windows 10 machine.

- Windows 10 is fully updated to the latest November Windows 10 update and issue persists

- Deleted and Added the VPN configuration several times and issue persisted.

Third Party VPN Client Test: Tested with Nord VPN and the Windows machine successfully connected to the home WiFi network & the Nord VPN connection successfully connected to a random server and successfully browsed the internet.

- Disabled IPV6 on VPN & WiFi network configuration (Per IT Support guidance) and issue persisted

*Currently updating to Windows 10 Insider Preview 19033.1 (vb_release) to see if this might fix anything pertaining to Windows 10 VPN.

Thanks for any additional guidance / suggestions / help that the community offers.

aj99000, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

Why can I only connect to Microsoft store when using a VPN connection

1. Why can I only connect to Microsoft store when using a VPN connection - Similar Threads - Why connect Microsoft

2. BSOD when connect VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when connect VPN: I'm using cisco any connect VPN on my windows 10, but after connected my PC is blue screen of death error.I have not attempted any troubleshooting yet. Can you please check this issue and assist us further? please find the link of MINIDUMP i attached...
  3. BSOD when connect VPN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when connect VPN: I'm using cisco any connect VPN on my windows 10, but after connected my PC is blue screen of death error.I have not attempted any troubleshooting yet. Can you please check this issue and assist us further? please find the link of MINIDUMP i attached...
  4. Why can I not connect to vpn?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can I not connect to vpn?: I was trying to create a vpn since I had a close counter with some hackers. So I decided to make a vpn, and I set its type to automatic, and I get this error saying: Here is my vpn setup:Did I do anything wrong or what? Please help!...
  5. Can only access Microsoft store when connected to VPN

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can only access Microsoft store when connected to VPN: I can only access Microsoft store when connected via Forticlient used as a VPN. If I disonnect from VPN I can no longer connect to the store. Can have an explanation?...
  6. No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected

No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected: This particular issue has been going on for almost a month now. My companies IT department is still trying to figure out the root cause. Below is a list of isolation / troubleshooting i've done. Issue: Once connected to the work VPN (successfully) the internet connection...
  7. Cannot use Microsoft News, Microsoft Weather or Microsoft Store when Connected via VPN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot use Microsoft News, Microsoft Weather or Microsoft Store when Connected via VPN: I have read other threads with fixes but none of these work for my configuration. I'm using SonicWall VPN and I cannot make the suggested changes in the previous closed threads. How can I use these things while I'm connected through the VPN?...
  8. Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection

Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection: Hello there, Can anyone help me with the below issue please, For some reason, i couldn't connect to my work remote desktop computer. However, i can connect this from my laptop. Recently got a new Desktop so, wanted to connect to my work virtual computer from my desktop....
  9. Microsoft Edge Only Connects to Website When VPN is Turned On

Microsoft Edge Only Connects to Website When VPN is Turned On: Microsoft Edge must have VPN on to connect to websites. Firefox and Chrome on the same PC are operating OK with or without VPN. The problem started after the latest Windows 10 feature update (1803). This appears to be a BUG with Edge....
  10. No access to Windows Store when connected to VPN

No access to Windows Store when connected to VPN: Hello all, I use VPN on Windows 10 Home edition when I connect to internet. This, however, stops me from downloading anything from Windows Store. Same thing happens when I tried to use Photos and Mail apps. I have to turn off VPN so I can download anything. Error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store only open with vpn

2. Vpn found in Microsoft store