Windows 10: Why can I only use ethernet on my windows 10 computer when I have WiFi at my house?

Discus and support Why can I only use ethernet on my windows 10 computer when I have WiFi at my house? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't seem to get any WiFi networks to show up on my computer, I have to use Ethernet. I dig around in the settings and I can't find anything about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Crunchy Soup, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Why can I only use ethernet on my windows 10 computer when I have WiFi at my house?

I can't seem to get any WiFi networks to show up on my computer, I have to use Ethernet. I dig around in the settings and I can't find anything about making networks visible. Yet I am able to use the Normal WiFi on my Chromebook. How do I fix this?

:)

Crunchy Soup, Mar 21, 2019
  2. JLPATL Win User

Can't connect wifi or ethernet

So I cant get WiFi or Ethernet to work on either of my two computers with the new Windows 10 Update. I read and try to follow the recommendations (using a work computer) about the steps to take. I love that the final step if the first suggestions didn't
    work, is to make sure you've downloaded the correct drivers. Could the engineers be more specific as to how you download drivers when you can't get on the internet.

Thanks.

JLPATL, Mar 21, 2019
  3. LVMan777 Win User
    WiFi and ethernet together

"...Theoretical speed versus actual speed

... Wi-Fi is very convenient, but it does not match the speed and reliability of wired Ethernet.

• ...though 802.11n can theoretically reach 300 Mb/s, a 100 Mb/s wired Ethernet connection will often outperform it in real-world usage, because wired Ethernet networks perform more closely to their theoretical limits and are less susceptible to outside influences..."
    • Transporter: Wi-Fi versus Ethernet performance

LVMan777, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Why can I only use ethernet on my windows 10 computer when I have WiFi at my house?

no wifi or ethernet connection

I have no internet access on my laptop, either via the wifi or ethernet connection into the modem but all the other computers in the house are fine. The diagnostics are telling me the wifi and ethernet do not have a valid ip configuration. How do I correct
    this? We are using the latest version of windows 10 and the error seems to have occurred when i shut down the laptop yesterday as it was going fine until then.

Brendan Bisley, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Why can I only use ethernet on my windows 10 computer when I have WiFi at my house?

1. Why can I only use ethernet on my windows 10 computer when I have WiFi at my house? - Similar Threads - Why ethernet computer

2. Why is it every time I connect a computer to my network using wifi or ethernet it appears...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it every time I connect a computer to my network using wifi or ethernet it appears...: I have asked this before but the thread has been locked for some reason. Now the computers are reappearing in my account months after they have left my shop.I own a computer repair shop, and every time I connect a customers computer or new one I am setting up for sale to my...
  3. Why is it every time I connect a computer to my network using wifi or ethernet it appears...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is it every time I connect a computer to my network using wifi or ethernet it appears...: I have asked this before but the thread has been locked for some reason. Now the computers are reappearing in my account months after they have left my shop.I own a computer repair shop, and every time I connect a customers computer or new one I am setting up for sale to my...
  4. Why is it every time I connect a computer to my network using wifi or ethernet it appears...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it every time I connect a computer to my network using wifi or ethernet it appears...: I own a computer repair shop, and every time I connect a customers computer or new one I am setting up for sale to my network using wifi or Ethernet it appears in my Microsoft account under devices. Then it appears in my account for the Microsoft store also. My customers get...
  5. Why is it every time I connect a computer to my network using wifi or ethernet it appears...

Why is it every time I connect a computer to my network using wifi or ethernet it appears...: I own a computer repair shop, and every time I connect a customers computer or new one I am setting up for sale to my network using wifi or Ethernet it appears in my Microsoft account under devices. Then it appears in my account for the Microsoft store also. My customers get...
  6. Why is it every time I connect a computer to my network using wifi or ethernet it appears...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why can I only use ethernet cable?

Why can I only use ethernet cable?: I have a windows 10 pc and it won't connect to wifi. I tried factory reset and it still isn't working. I can't have a cable running through my whole house but it works when I do. When I troubleshoot it says plug in an ethernet cable. Please can anyone help me use wifi on this...
  8. Why can I only use ethernet cable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can I only use ethernet cable?: I have a windows 10 pc and it won't connect to wifi. I tried factory reset and it still isn't working. I can't have a cable running through my whole house but it works when I do. When I troubleshoot it says plug in an ethernet cable. Please can anyone help me use wifi on this...
  9. Why can I only use ethernet cable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. I’m trying to connect to my WiFi since I can’t use Ethernet where I’m at in my house, and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m trying to connect to my WiFi since I can’t use Ethernet where I’m at in my house, and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Drxxe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnmgr2/im_trying_to_connect_to_my_wifi_since_i_cant_use/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why can i only use ethernet

2. i can only use ethernet

3. can only connect using ethernet cable just refreshed windows microsoft help

4. why cant i get fast ethernet connection on my laptop like i do on my pc,
  5. can you download windows 10 iso using wifi or ethernet