Windows 10: Why can I record video on Win10, but can't hear the audio portion of what I've recorded?

Discus and support Why can I record video on Win10, but can't hear the audio portion of what I've recorded? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I used to use screen capture apps like VideoPad and Loom on my PC with Windows 10 Pro frequently. But now, I can record and play back the video, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/InsGuy, Jun 22, 2020.

1. /u/InsGuy Win User

Why can I record video on Win10, but can't hear the audio portion of what I've recorded?

I used to use screen capture apps like VideoPad and Loom on my PC with Windows 10 Pro frequently. But now, I can record and play back the video, but not the audio. This is mysterious because I can record audio (I use Audacity )and play it back and also listen to audio and watch streaming video (with sound) on my PC.

Any idea why this is happening and how I can rectify it?

submitted by /u/InsGuy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/InsGuy, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Why can I record video on Win10, but can't hear the audio portion of what I've recorded?

Lumia 930- Audio is not recording while recording videos

I had a Lumia 720 for two years.

Then i went for Lumia 930 a month ago , just thinking that it would be much greater than my previous phone due to its camera, resolution and surround sound recording.

All features are running well, EXCEPT AUDIO RECORDING, i am unable to record audio while recording a video.

Microphones work very well during phone calls, but do not respond apps like MY TALKING ANGELA and SO IN AUDIO RECORDING WHEN RECORDING A VIDEO.

So many people asked the same question, but not in a single post a satisfactory answer is given.

I hereby request you all , specially MICROSOFT, HEAR TO ME PLEASE. Give me a solution to resolve this problem.

This is like watching a movie without sounds, i don't want to see just facial motions, 4k videos are use less without sounds.

Kindly guide.

Or suggest me to sale this phone and never buy a windows phone again.

MobeenHaneef, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Why can I record video on Win10, but can't hear the audio portion of what I've recorded?

1. Why can I record video on Win10, but can't hear the audio portion of what I've recorded? - Similar Threads - Why record video

2. Recorded a video and can only hear the mic audio on media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recorded a video and can only hear the mic audio on media player: Please help I've looked all over. I use obs studios to screen record videos for my YouTube gaming channel. At first I thought everything was fine because I hooked my mic TONOR TC-777 up and fiddled with some settings and my mic is working fine and so is obs. I say that...
  3. Recorded a video and can only hear the mic audio on media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recorded a video and can only hear the mic audio on media player: Please help I've looked all over. I use obs studios to screen record videos for my YouTube gaming channel. At first I thought everything was fine because I hooked my mic TONOR TC-777 up and fiddled with some settings and my mic is working fine and so is obs. I say that...
  4. I can hear my system audio in voice recordings and calls

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can hear my system audio in voice recordings and calls: I was in a call with my friend and they said they could hear my gameplay. I used the voice recorder later and I can still hear system audio. Even when my headset volume is low I can hear it. Are there certain settings I need to change? Or does this have to do with my...
  5. Audio record on phone devices can't hear but on pc i can

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio record on phone devices can't hear but on pc i can: I have laptop that when i record an audio from it i can hear the audio on the laptop and other pc but when i try to hear it on any phone device i can't hear it I also tried to plug in another microphone it didn't help Does anyone know why and how can I fix it? Edit: I tried...
  6. No Audio from the Recorded Video

No Audio from the Recorded Video: When I recorded a video, using Xvid MPEG-4 Codec from HyperCam 2 (plus Stereo Mix), there is no audio in the video. [ATTACH] SxvnFh2qE4dvPjA6f87UyzLCdLjwvfeVWmk3pNLjF4ApFyRK2LNaxdRZD7GW627xLqNyrAhjetjf6ND25Xd4kGHfmtQ6J2VrefgW aE7q7sjgzmNQShcSwybcRg69KSUN [ATTACH] I...
  7. Recording "What U Hear" not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recording "What U Hear" not working.: I am unable to record any audio to my PC. I have tried multiple programs that record from the sound card. What U hear option is listed in settings, but not working. I have tried everything I know adjusting settings uninstalling the sound card driver and software, cleaning...
  8. Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos: When I record anything like videos or games I can't hear anything and I even made sure that everything was turned up to 50% Why dose this happen. Is my Motherboard getting old do you think? ***Modified title from: FAQ: Broadcast & Capture***...
  9. Recorded sound volume is much lower than what I can hear during recording

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recorded sound volume is much lower than what I can hear during recording: When I'm using my monitor as a playback device via NVidia HD Audio (HDMI) the recorded sound is much quieter than what I'm hearing during recording. If I switch playback to Realtek HD Audio (motherboard's 3.5 mm plugs) recorded volume is just fine. On Windows 7 I had no such...
  10. Audacity and recording "What U Hear"

Audacity and recording "What U Hear": When previously on WIN 7 Pro 64 bit I was able to record with Audacity what ever was coming out the speakers using the "What U Hear" feature of my sound card (Creative PCIe X-Fi Titanium). Having upgraded and subsequently a clean install of WIN 10 Pro 64 bit this no...