Windows 10: why can io not create any folder in win 10 on my desktop????

Discus and support why can io not create any folder in win 10 on my desktop???? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; why can io not create any folder in win 10 on my desktop????... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TairaSt John, Jan 8, 2020.

1. why can io not create any folder in win 10 on my desktop????

why can io not create any folder in win 10 on my desktop????

:)

TairaSt John, Jan 8, 2020
  2. MarkLine Win User

Create folders in win 10

I have lost the ability to create new folders in win 10. Any suggestions?

MarkLine, Jan 8, 2020
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 8, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

1. why can io not create any folder in win 10 on my desktop???? - Similar Threads - why create folder

2. Only administrative folders can be created on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only administrative folders can be created on my desktop.: Hi,I accidentally chose my desktop to be the destination to install an application.I uninstalled the app but then noticed that I couldn't create anything other than an administrative folder on my desktop & I needed permission to save anything on my desktop....
  3. Only administrative folders can be created on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only administrative folders can be created on my desktop.: Hi,I accidentally chose my desktop to be the destination to install an application.I uninstalled the app but then noticed that I couldn't create anything other than an administrative folder on my desktop & I needed permission to save anything on my desktop....
  4. Only administrative folders can be created on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can not create a new folder on the desktop and in file explorer in any folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not create a new folder on the desktop and in file explorer in any folder.: Have tried all previous suggestionssfc /scannow, DISM, reset file explorerexplorer.exe, perform clean boot and perform repair upgrade and others. Nothing has fixed/solved this problem. Don't know when this started, I usually don't create new folders that often. Please help....
  6. Android/IOS-style folders on desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Android/IOS-style folders on desktop?: I was wondering if there was any way to create a folder for shortcuts/apps on the windows desktop that expands and creates a pop-up on the desktop screen, like the app folders on the home screens of IOS and Android as an alternative to opening a new folder window from the...
  7. can rename *some* folders on win 10 desktop

can rename *some* folders on win 10 desktop: i'm using a win10 desktop, which keeps itself up-to-date automatically. the system has an SSD c:\drive with all applications and the desktop. my data files are on rotating disk e:\ i use two local hard drives for automatic system and file backup in the past, i had no...
  8. Why can I not create any folder in win 10 on my desktop????

Why can I not create any folder in win 10 on my desktop????: why can io not create any folder in win 10 on my desktop???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-create-any-folder-in-win-10-on-my/5e27e0e1-48c7-4082-a9d9-7131eb383161"
  9. Create folders in win 10

Create folders in win 10: I have lost the ability to create new folders in win 10. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-folders-in-win-10/0361e4ea-74f9-4675-8cc7-0fa59b1237fb"
  10. Problem in creating folder or copyong any file on desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem in creating folder or copyong any file on desktop: whenever i try to create new folder on desktop it gives me error "Could not find this item This is no longer located in c:/users/myUsername,, verify the items location and try again "[ATTACH]...