Windows 10: Why cannot I save changes in my computer

Discus and support Why cannot I save changes in my computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to change something on a game file but I realized my computer doesnt save changes. I change game settings to number to 1024 but when I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Swes AG, Nov 20, 2022.

1. Swes AG Win User

Why cannot I save changes in my computer

I am trying to change something on a game file but I realized my computer doesnt save changes. I change game settings to number to 1024 but when I open the file again, it is 128 again. I do click save but it doesnt get saved. How I can fix this..

:)

Swes AG, Nov 20, 2022
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Nov 20, 2022
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 20, 2022
  4. Jan Pac Win User

cannot save display settings changes

Hello Susan,

We're here to help.

What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolved this concern? Let us know.

Thanks.

Jan Pac, Nov 20, 2022
Thema:

1. Why cannot I save changes in my computer - Similar Threads - Why cannot save

2. why cannot i change my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cannot i change my lock screen?: this happened several weeks ago and I've tried many solutions.I even reset my device but it just simply did not work.when I try to change my lock screen wallpaper, it just goes grey in the display, and the loading sign as seen in the picture belowthis works if I choose...
  3. why cannot i change my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why cannot i change my lock screen?: this happened several weeks ago and I've tried many solutions.I even reset my device but it just simply did not work.when I try to change my lock screen wallpaper, it just goes grey in the display, and the loading sign as seen in the picture belowthis works if I choose...
  4. cannot change save location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change save location: i am trying to change my default save location to one drive, and when i try to change it in advanced storage settings, onedrive isn’t even an option. i can only save things to “Windows C:”...
  5. cannot change save location

cannot change save location: i am trying to change my default save location to one drive, and when i try to change it in advanced storage settings, onedrive isn’t even an option. i can only save things to “Windows C:”...
  6. Why cannot I save changes in my computer

Why cannot I save changes in my computer: I am trying to change something on a game file but I realized my computer doesnt save changes. I change game settings to number to 1024 but when I open the file again, it is 128 again. I do click save but it doesnt get saved. How I can fix this.....
  7. my computer doesn't save any changes I do.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my computer doesn't save any changes I do.: my computer lose all my saved works and my deleted files came back. my pc also shows preparing windows whenever I open my computer and then its installing updates then undoing updates my computer always don't save anything I did, what I mean about this is whenever I...
  8. I cannot save or upload to or from my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot save or upload to or from my computer: Using windows 10 and whenever I try to save a file from anywhere on the web in continually says "working on it" in the display window and even if I click on a folder or a subfolder it refuses to switch the display to that content. It happens when I also try to upload...
  9. Why cannot I scan and save to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why cannot I scan and save to PDF: Hi the scanner only seems to allow certain file types for saving. All associated with photos and not documents. The favoured document saving file is PDF. Is there a way I can scan and save in PDF using Adobe reader DC?...
  10. I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot save changes to the Power & Sleep: I change Power & Sleep time from 15 min to 30 min. When I restart the time is back to 15 min. I checked and I am the admin. I changed acct to local from Win. Still no joy. Without going into some kind of registry trying stuff way over my head, isn't there some kind of...