Windows 10: Why cannot I scan and save to PDF

Discus and support Why cannot I scan and save to PDF in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi the scanner only seems to allow certain file types for saving. All associated with photos and not documents. The favoured document saving file is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by anthonyknowles1, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Why cannot I scan and save to PDF

Hi the scanner only seems to allow certain file types for saving. All associated with photos and not documents.

The favoured document saving file is PDF. Is there a way I can scan and save in PDF using Adobe reader DC?

:)

anthonyknowles1, Jul 19, 2019

2. How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Cant save scanned docs as pdf's

Hi Sharon,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the location path, are you trying to save the scan file?
    • Do you have Windows reader installed in your PC?

You need to have an application to read, and save your documents in PDF format.

Download Windows Reader from Windows Store, and check if you are able to save your scanned copies in PDF format.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Why cannot I scan and save to PDF

saving scan as PDF

I have a connon MG3650 and want to scan and savew as PDF but only being offered varying image formats. How do I save as PDF?

AndyBattell, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Why cannot I scan and save to PDF

1. Why cannot I scan and save to PDF - Similar Threads - Why cannot scan

2. Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file: I'm using Windows Fax and Scan in Windows 11. I want to put 5 scanned pages in 1 PDF file. After having scanned the 5 pages I select them and want to print to a PDF. However when I select 1 file I can select "Print". As soon as I select 2 or more files the "Print" option can...
  3. Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file: I'm using Windows Fax and Scan in Windows 11. I want to put 5 scanned pages in 1 PDF file. After having scanned the 5 pages I select them and want to print to a PDF. However when I select 1 file I can select "Print". As soon as I select 2 or more files the "Print" option can...
  4. Why can't I scan to pdf with Windows 11?

Why can't I scan to pdf with Windows 11?: When I attempt to scan from my HP printer to my HP windows 11 laptop through the Scanner app I am not given the option of a pdf document. Only options given are tiff, png, jpeg and bitmap. I need to be able to save to pdf. What am I missing? So far not a fan of Windows 11 at...
  5. cannot save a pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot save a pdf: I cannot save a pdf to disc. Nothing happens after I hit the 'save as' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-save-a-pdf/07b580f7-8fe0-4bcc-8e5e-faf7007b900b
  6. cannot save a pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot save a pdf: I cannot save a pdf to disc. Nothing happens after I hit the 'save as' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-save-a-pdf/07b580f7-8fe0-4bcc-8e5e-faf7007b900b
  7. cannot save a pdf

8. Scan and save in PDF Help please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan and save in PDF Help please: how to scan and save a documetn in pdf format in the windows scan app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-and-save-in-pdf-help-please/45145ddb-ff9f-44de-8463-72af5560e019
  9. Scan Multiple pages and Save to PDF File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scan Multiple pages and Save to PDF File: Hey I have MFC-L3710CW Printer/Scanner and can not figure out how to scan multiple pages to one file and save it as PDF. My old computer I would just be able to scan it by hitting the scan button on my printer/scanner and it would scan right into a PDF file. Now with my...
  10. Printer/scanner is saving scans as JPEG instead of PDF. How do I get it to save as PDF?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer/scanner is saving scans as JPEG instead of PDF. How do I get it to save as PDF?: My printer has always saved scans as PDF Now its saving as jpeg. And my Adoby (or what ever its called" can't open the file. How do I get the darn thing to save as PDF/ * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: Opening a scanned item...