Windows 10: Why cannot I scan and save to PDF

Discus and support Why cannot I scan and save to PDF in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi the scanner only seems to allow certain file types for saving. All associated with photos and not documents. The favoured document saving file is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by anthonyknowles1, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Why cannot I scan and save to PDF

Hi the scanner only seems to allow certain file types for saving. All associated with photos and not documents.

The favoured document saving file is PDF. Is there a way I can scan and save in PDF using Adobe reader DC?

:)

anthonyknowles1, Jul 19, 2019

2. How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Cant save scanned docs as pdf's

Hi Sharon,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the location path, are you trying to save the scan file?
    • Do you have Windows reader installed in your PC?

You need to have an application to read, and save your documents in PDF format.

Download Windows Reader from Windows Store, and check if you are able to save your scanned copies in PDF format.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Why cannot I scan and save to PDF

saving scan as PDF

I have a connon MG3650 and want to scan and savew as PDF but only being offered varying image formats. How do I save as PDF?

AndyBattell, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Why cannot I scan and save to PDF

1. Why cannot I scan and save to PDF - Similar Threads - Why cannot scan

2. Saving a PDF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a PDF: Until today I had no problem making a PDF file of visual artwork, downloading it, opening it, then saving this PDF in a folder to then upload later. Today I created a new piece of art, downloaded it, then tried to save it. The SAVE button is grayed out for the first time....
  3. PDF & files saving & "save as"

PDF & files saving & "save as": Why does windows 10 suggest random files folders for saving items? Waste of our time. It should recall the last file folder we saved into and suggest that one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-files-saving-save-as/fcca6d13-f333-4e07-8bc9-30b27731d192
  4. cannot get fijistu fi-7130 to scan to pdf

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot get fijistu fi-7130 to scan to pdf: Problem getting Fisistu fi-6130 to scan to a pdf in windows 10 I have "dusted off" a Fujistu fi-6130 scanner that was previously used a number of years ago. I installed it on a windows 10 laptop and would like to scan to pdf using Windows Fax & Scan - but a scan to pdf...
  5. Scan to PDF

Scan to PDF: Why doesn't my scanner have a file type of PDF? I wanted to scan a document to a PDF file and attach to an e-mail. And, it's a pretty big file. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-to-pdf/392dda99-0855-4978-90d6-bc123c60657f"
  6. Scan Multiple pages and Save to PDF File

Scan Multiple pages and Save to PDF File: Hey I have MFC-L3710CW Printer/Scanner and can not figure out how to scan multiple pages to one file and save it as PDF. My old computer I would just be able to scan it by hitting the scan button on my printer/scanner and it would scan right into a PDF file. Now with my...
  7. Scan to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan to PDF: Why can I not scan to a .pdf file? Is it possible to scan multiples pages into one document? I don't see an option to make that happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-to-pdf/0d2d5cd1-f78e-48ca-b40c-04c0de4d33a4
  8. Printer/scanner is saving scans as JPEG instead of PDF. How do I get it to save as PDF?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer/scanner is saving scans as JPEG instead of PDF. How do I get it to save as PDF?: My printer has always saved scans as PDF Now its saving as jpeg. And my Adoby (or what ever its called" can't open the file. How do I get the darn thing to save as PDF/ * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: Opening a scanned item...
  9. PDF not re saving as PDF

PDF not re saving as PDF: I just got Windows 10 and Microsoft 365. I have a fillable PDF document. I fill it and save it to my desktop. When I do that, it saves as a PDF. If I re open it, make changes, and try to re save it, it saves as Internet Explorer. Even when I put "save as" to PDF. What...
  10. Cannot save a PDF document to a specified folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot save a PDF document to a specified folder.: Hello everyone. New to the forum. I have recently downloaded Windows 10. My clients will send me a PDF document, and up until now I have been saving them to a specified folder. Now when I try to save it says something like "you do not have permission, contact administrator" I...