Windows 10: Why cannot receive or send g mail from my desktop

Discus and support Why cannot receive or send g mail from my desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot receive or send GMail , I cannot get the Gmail to update ??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mlangenbach1940, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Why cannot receive or send g mail from my desktop

I cannot receive or send GMail , I cannot get the Gmail to update ??

:)

Mlangenbach1940, Sep 24, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Mail not sending!

Your last reference was to Mailbird- it seems you've reverted to Mail.

The choice of pop3 or imap for receiving mail is up to you.. smtp is a different thing.

Suggest you try sending mail with Mailbird

dalchina, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to send mails from Mail app (held in Outbox)

Hi Barrie,

Thank you for updating.

Do you have stable internet connection?

I suggest you to check the date and time setting in your computer.

Please follow the below steps and check.

• Click on the Date and time at the right bottom corner of your screen.

• Click on Date and time settings and click on
      Change date and time format on right pane.
    Also try to access mail through browser and check if you are able to send and receive mail. Do check if you have seamless internet access.

Do try the steps suggested and check the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Mustang Win User

Why cannot receive or send g mail from my desktop

Yahoo account won't receive mail

I've started using Mail app in Wndows 10 on a trial basis, on my desktop PC.

I've added my Yahoo mail account and can send emails but cannot receive them.

I tried using a solution offered in a post on another thread, by logging into my Yahoo account, and going to security to add a specific password for my account for apps, but cannot find any option to do this.

The only option it offers is to use/disable less secure options.

Any help would be appreciated.

Update: Mail started being received 30 minutes after I had sent it from another email client.

Gripes about Mail app:

• Emails can't be saved to desktop
    • Font defaults can't be set size and text chosen, eg Arial

Mustang, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Why cannot receive or send g mail from my desktop

1. Why cannot receive or send g mail from my desktop - Similar Threads - Why cannot receive

2. Why can't I send or receive mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I send or receive mail?: Why can't I send or receive mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-send-or-receive-mail/62511d52-2c84-4a73-a2fa-fc26c87db8ba
  3. Why can't I send or receive mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I send or receive mail?: Why can't I send or receive mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-send-or-receive-mail/62511d52-2c84-4a73-a2fa-fc26c87db8ba
  4. Cannot receive or send e-mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot receive or send e-mail: G'day, I had to change my e-mail pass word. Now I am not able to receive mail. I receive this message. Please could somebody tell me how I can update my pass word. Cheers Perry...
  5. Cannot receive or send e-mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot receive or send e-mail: G'day, I had to change my e-mail pass word. Now I am not able to receive mail. I receive this message. Please could somebody tell me how I can update my pass word. Cheers Perry...
  6. Cannot receive or send e-mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail: This is the message I get when I try to send/receive messages on my Windows Live Mail account. I have Windows 10 Pro. Unable to send or receive messages for the Embarqmail mrwhite56 account. An unknown error has occurred. Server: 'pop.embarqmail.com' Windows Live Mail...
  8. Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail: Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-send-or-receive-emails-on-windows-live-mail/b45fe2f4-27c0-4d38-b94a-74338b02aecf
  9. My windows live mail 2011 cannot send or receive mail today

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My windows live mail 2011 cannot send or receive mail today: my windows live mail 2011 cannot send or receive mail today the error message says my password is not correct however when I called microsoft you said it is not supported please help...
  10. Cannot receive or send mail via gmail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot receive or send mail via gmail account: Unable to send or receive messages for the Gmail <Removed for Privacy> account. Windows Live Mail couldn't log on to the email server using authenticated POP (APOP). Contact your email provider and verify that it supports authenticated POP. To change this logon setting, in...