Windows 10: Why can't apps access my microphone even when I enable microphone access? In other words,...

Discus and support Why can't apps access my microphone even when I enable microphone access? In other words,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; No matter what mic I use, input audio doesn't work. The regular output audio works fine. I don't know why, but it just happened the other day for no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Someone Frustrated, May 28, 2023.

1. Why can't apps access my microphone even when I enable microphone access? In other words,...

No matter what mic I use, input audio doesn't work. The regular output audio works fine. I don't know why, but it just happened the other day for no apparent reason. I've tried BiOS, I've tried restarting my computer, I've tried everything I've researched and can think of. Unfortunately, NOTHING is working. If there's a way to completely reset all the audio devices and settings, I would like to do that. Kind of like a factory reset for audio. No matter what app or browser I use, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Opera GX, or Discord, Sound Recorder built-in, I can't get ANY audio input!!Please

:)

Someone Frustrated, May 28, 2023
  2. rayaan Win User

Limit microphone access

How do I limit an app's access to my microphone if that app is not even on the list of apps that are allowed to use the microphone but uses it anyway?

rayaan, May 28, 2023
  3. How do I enable microphone access on the Instagram App on an HP laptop?

aseelmaragha, May 28, 2023
  4. Why can't apps access my microphone even when I enable microphone access? In other words,...

How do I enable microphone access on the Instagram App on an HP laptop?

I've been using my Instagram App on my HP laptop and I have been trying to use my disappearing photo and video messages in my DM's. While I can receive the messages, I cannot send the disappearing photo and video messages because I need to enable camera
    and microphone access by clicking on the words. I was able to enable the camera access by clicking on the words, for some reason I can't do the same for the microphone access. Whenever I click on the words it doesn't do anything. Is there a setting on the
    computer I can go into to allow the microphone access? I have already checked to make sure my microphone was on in my hardware and sound settings and checked the in app settings directly in the app and couldn't find anything.

Thanks.

P.J.Vaught, May 28, 2023
Thema:

Why can't apps access my microphone even when I enable microphone access? In other words,...

1. Why can't apps access my microphone even when I enable microphone access? In other words,... - Similar Threads - Why can't apps

2. Why can't apps access my microphone even when I enable microphone access? In other words,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't apps access my microphone even when I enable microphone access? In other words,...: No matter what mic I use, input audio doesn't work. The regular output audio works fine. I don't know why, but it just happened the other day for no apparent reason. I've tried BiOS, I've tried restarting my computer, I've tried everything I've researched and can think of....
  3. Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone: Hey, Ive used the screenrec app on my computer before and it has always worked just fine, but today I found that it wasn't recording audio. I went to my security and privacy folder and tried turning on permission to the mic but it gave me a message that some apps may not be...
  4. Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't seem to allow screenrec app to access my microphone: Hey, Ive used the screenrec app on my computer before and it has always worked just fine, but today I found that it wasn't recording audio. I went to my security and privacy folder and tried turning on permission to the mic but it gave me a message that some apps may not be...
  5. What is accessing my microphone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is accessing my microphone?: In short, I suspect my microphone may be sending information where I don't want it to. Is this corrupted entry where just the wrong name is coming up or is it more sinister? I notice recently when using Facebook messenger something I only rarely use, that the system tray said...
  6. Programs and apps can't access microphone or camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Programs and apps can't access microphone or camera: I am using a Legion 5 15IMH05H laptop.As in the title, programs and apps such as the built-in Windows 10 Camera, built-in Windows 10 Voice Recorder, Discord, and Google Chrome won't give any output or receive any input?. These programs show that they are using the camera...
  7. camsvc must be enabled to access microphones/webcam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    camsvc must be enabled to access microphones/webcam: Setting app also crashes without it enabled in the privacy section. I would prefer if the service is disabled, everything just skips the permissioncheck by default....
  8. microphone access by app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microphone access by app: Can't figure out if Amazon is hacking my laptop microphone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-access-by-app/b0a09cef-3fde-43be-9325-31106b63cd41"
  9. Microphone access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone access: So, i do NOT want microsoft to legally get access to my microphone however i still want to use it in apps. If i disable the microphone in privacy settings it just doesnt work in any app whatsoever so im basically forced to "allow access to the microphone on this device" if i...
  10. Accessing the microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accessing the microphone: I know there is a list of apps that can access the microphone. However there are two programs that I WANT to be able to access the mic, but they are not on the list and I cannot find a way to add them. They both access the camera fine, but do not access the mic. I can only...