Windows 10: WHY CAN'T I ACCESS MY FILES IN wINDOWS 10

Discus and support WHY CAN'T I ACCESS MY FILES IN wINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why can't I access my original files in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by P O M, Oct 13, 2019.

1. P O M Win User

WHY CAN'T I ACCESS MY FILES IN wINDOWS 10

Why can't I access my original files in Windows 10

:)

P O M, Oct 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 30, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. WHY CAN'T I ACCESS MY FILES IN wINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - WHY CAN'T ACCESS

2. Why can't I find files on my PC with Windows Explorer

in Cortana
    Why can't I find files on my PC with Windows Explorer: I spend hours searching through folders for files, images etc that I know exist on the system, but the search facility in Windows 10 doesn't find them. It sometimes will not find files that I've just saved - I can locate them, but explorer can't. In explorer I click on the...
  3. I can't Access my HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't Access my HDD: I'm pretty new to the whole computer and laptop world as this is my first one so keep that in mind. So first off I'm trying to install a new internal SSD and so I found out that I would need to clone the original SSD. So after I did that I was looking at my files and saw...
  4. Why can't I Disable my Touchpad in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why can't I Disable my Touchpad in Windows 10?: I use an External Mouse. Always have always will. After the last Update for Windows 10 in March or maybe the first of April, I had to go back in and disable my Touch Pad. Then my lap top shut down on its own and restarted, Enabling that darn Touch Pad. And now there is no...
  5. Why can't I rename this file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I rename this file?: That is the question. This is some kind of Hauppauge WinTV system file that is the prime suspect in BSODs. I decided to try to rename the file instances and see if that corrected the BSOD. I renamed two of the three instances I found, but can't rename this one. I changed...
  6. Why can't I manage my files & folders in Windows 10?

Why can't I manage my files & folders in Windows 10?: I have an Administrator account on my Toshiba laptop but I can't access my own files, except as "read-only". I can't change the folder properties from "read-only". I can't add a "New folder" from file explorer. I can't edit existing files or create new files. How can I...
  7. I can't access my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't access my computer.: After downloading what was supposed to be "DriverUpdatePlus" from Microsoft I can't access my computer. It won't let me enter my password or respond in any way. Have I made a bad mistake and downloaded a virus, malware or something?...
  8. Why can't I share files on my LAN?

Why can't I share files on my LAN?: I have 2 laptops running Windows 10 and a PC running Windows XP on my LAN. I am an administrator and the "owner" of all the files on each machine and, as far as I can tell, all files are shared with "full control". I originally had a workgroup on the Windows XP machine and a...
  9. Why can't I access my Windows 8 personal folder from Windows 10 ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why can't I access my Windows 8 personal folder from Windows 10 ?: Hiyas, I'm aware that I more times changed ownership of my Windows 8 profile folder (incl. subtree). Currently it's set to (Windows 8)SYSTEM. By looking at other account profile folders I suppose it's right and access rights should be set to profile user (full control),...
  10. Why can't I access my photos after upgrading to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why can't I access my photos after upgrading to Windows 10?: When trying to access photos, I can't after upgrading to windows 10. How do I access my pictures? *Sad 45955