Windows 10: Why can't I add desktop shortcuts to the Taskbar in W10 Pro?

Discus and support Why can't I add desktop shortcuts to the Taskbar in W10 Pro? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks - In Windows 7 this is not an issue, but in W10 it really is - at least for me. I want to take some desktop shortcuts and place then on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Compumind, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Compumind Win User

Why can't I add desktop shortcuts to the Taskbar in W10 Pro?

Hi folks -

In Windows 7 this is not an issue, but in W10 it really is - at least for me.

I want to take some desktop shortcuts and place then on the Taskbar, but I am not allowed to"Pin" them.
    Been here: Cannot pin some shortcuts to taskbar Solved - Windows 10 Forums

No go for me.

Without messing around in Group Policy, is there a simple way to do this?
    All the simple shortcuts do is invoke a webpage in Firefox. What a pain! *Rolleyes

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

*Biggrin

:)

Compumind, Jun 14, 2018
  2. Rule-R Win User

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Jun 14, 2018
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 14, 2018
  4. lpatrick Win User

Lost Upper Screen Desktop Shortcuts

I do not how or why but last night the list of web sight and W10 shortcuts disappeared from my upper desktop screen. Now when I log on the W10 pinned boxes/apps page appears. How can I get the shortcuts back on my desktop upper screen? Please note that my shortcuts are still listed on the bottom line of the desktop as before.

Thanks

lpatrick, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Why can't I add desktop shortcuts to the Taskbar in W10 Pro? - Similar Threads - Why can't add

2. Why are desktop shortcuts malfunctioning and I can't move them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are desktop shortcuts malfunctioning and I can't move them?: Have a look at this video:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UlqqirGeo6AV7zWSuqIQj9fXcon5nwNM/view?usp=sharingI think that shortcuts of software and folder have been assigned particular space on desktop and we can't move them out of that space. Is it so?I am able to move...
  3. Why are desktop shortcuts malfunctioning and I can't move them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are desktop shortcuts malfunctioning and I can't move them?: Have a look at this video:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UlqqirGeo6AV7zWSuqIQj9fXcon5nwNM/view?usp=sharingI think that shortcuts of software and folder have been assigned particular space on desktop and we can't move them out of that space. Is it so?I am able to move...
  4. can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar: I've got 4 pinned now when I right click on the word tab on the taskbar I see those 4 and a bunch of recently used Word files. When I try to add a new pinned document by dragging it to the word tab on the taskbar, it doesn't work. Anyone know what to do about that?...
  5. can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar: I've got 4 pinned now when I right click on the word tab on the taskbar I see those 4 and a bunch of recently used Word files. When I try to add a new pinned document by dragging it to the word tab on the taskbar, it doesn't work. Anyone know what to do about that?...
  6. can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to add website shortcut to taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to add website shortcut to taskbar ?: Windows 10 Home submitted by /u/AK_00l [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l1dupa/how_to_add_website_shortcut_to_taskbar/
  8. desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working: Desktop and taskbar shortcuts not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-taskbar-shortcuts-not-working/0a60d373-afe7-4835-86b4-b97a67c39fd8
  9. Can't pin certain desktop shortcuts to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't pin certain desktop shortcuts to taskbar: I'm using MS Office and find some Desktop shortcuts will not pin to the Taskbar. My Desktop shortcut to Outlook pins just fine but, shortcuts to FILES will not pin or drag' For example, I have a Desktop shortcut to a "something.xls" (Excel) file which, when clicked, opens...
  10. I Can't add Shortcut To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    I Can't add Shortcut To Desktop: Hi all,.. I've downloaded Steam onto a new separate SSD ('D' Drive) that's been formatted to GPT NFTS. Steam wanted to place a Shortcut on the Desktop 'C' drive which I was happy about. However, I think permission has been denied. A pop-up message appears saying:,.....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant add shortcuts to taskbar

2. why cant i add desktop shortcuts in ms10