Windows 10: Why can't I add my school account

Discus and support Why can't I add my school account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; It used to work perfectly. My university provides me with Microsoft 365 for free because I am a student. My free McAfee anti-virus which came with my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TanirikaMajumder, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Why can't I add my school account

It used to work perfectly. My university provides me with Microsoft 365 for free because I am a student. My free McAfee anti-virus which came with my laptop recently expired, and I checked Windows Defender, which revealed that I had no anti-virus protection. When I tried to activate it, it kept displaying the message 'Your IT Administrator.' So I spoke with a live agent, and after a while, he determined that my school account in my Windows system was preventing me from accessing the anti-virus, so he deleted my school account from Windows. After we resolved the anti-virus issue, I attempted

:)

TanirikaMajumder, Mar 30, 2022

2. 2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 30, 2022
  3. Can't add a school account?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below given methods and check if it works:

Method 1:

This issue may arise due to some file corruption, I suggest you to try running DISM tool and check if it works. To do so, refer the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to try to create a new user account and check if you still face this issue in new user account. To create it perform the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on Manage Accounts.
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions.
    • Sign out from the current User account and log-in using new User account and check if issue persist.
    Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 30, 2022
  4. Vesao Win User

Why can't I add my school account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 30, 2022
Thema:

Why can't I add my school account

1. Why can't I add my school account - Similar Threads - Why can't add

2. What will happen if i add my school account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What will happen if i add my school account: If I add my school email account to my personal laptop will my school be able to control my entire laptop or just the account I link the email to....
  3. What will happen if i add my school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What will happen if i add my school account: If I add my school email account to my personal laptop will my school be able to control my entire laptop or just the account I link the email to....
  4. Can't add or work school account on domain computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add or work school account on domain computers: Got into the office this morning and tried to add a work account to a user's computer. It no longer allows me to and gives me the message below. How can I fix this so my users are allowed to add accounts under their profiles?I added two group policy objects yesterday for an...
  5. Why can't I add my school onedrive account to my home PC?

Why can't I add my school onedrive account to my home PC?: Even while following guides to fix this, I still get the error message that says, "Sorry, Onedrive can't add your folder right now." I know this isn't anything to do with my school because other students have had no problems with this....
  6. Why can't I add my school onedrive account to my home PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I add my school onedrive account to my home PC?: Even while following guides to fix this, I still get the error message that says, "Sorry, Onedrive can't add your folder right now." I know this isn't anything to do with my school because other students have had no problems with this....
  7. Windows 11: Can't add work/school account

Windows 11: Can't add work/school account: We have new machines that our company is trying to set up for work use by employees. They come with Windows 10. Upon taking the machine out of the box and setting it up with the employees WORK Microsoft account, it wouldn't let me install Windows 11 even though the machine...
  8. Why can't I add my school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I add my school account: It used to work perfectly. My university provides me with Microsoft 365 for free because I am a student. My free McAfee anti-virus which came with my laptop recently expired, and I checked Windows Defender, which revealed that I had no anti-virus protection. When I tried to...
  9. Why can't I add my school account

Why can't I add my school account: It used to work perfectly. My university provides me with Microsoft 365 for free because I am a student. My free McAfee anti-virus which came with my laptop recently expired, and I checked Windows Defender, which revealed that I had no anti-virus protection. When I tried to...
  10. Can't add school account with error 80070002

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add school account with error 80070002: Hello! I'm trying to add my school account to my Windows 10 laptop. But when I try adding my account in the Settings app by clicking on "Set up a Work or School account" button, this screen shows up: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.836....