Windows 10: Why can't I assign Notepad++ to TXT files?

Discus and support Why can't I assign Notepad++ to TXT files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I prefer Notepad++ to standard Notepad but I cannot select it as default app for TXT files. I am using Windows 10 (the very latest). How can I make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vagulus, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Vagulus Win User

Why can't I assign Notepad++ to TXT files?

I prefer Notepad++ to standard Notepad but I cannot select it as default app for TXT files.

I am using Windows 10 (the very latest).

How can I make that selection?

Thanks

:)

Vagulus, Sep 3, 2019
  2. varxtis Win User

Drag and Drop txt to Notepad won't work

Normally, if I have notepad open, I would be able to click and drag an appropriate file into notepad, like a txt file, and it would open in notepad. Now, when I click and drag files into notepad, nothing happens.
    Any Suggestions.

varxtis, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Creating desktop icon for Notepad txt file

I used to have recent notepad files listed under "Most Used" in the Start menu. How can I restore desired files to the "Most Used" position, or how can I create a desktop icon for a specific Notepad txt file?

KeithCarley, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Why can't I assign Notepad++ to TXT files?

Notepad - Cant drag and drop to open txt

Normally, if I have notepad open, I would be able to click and drag an appropriate file into notepad, like a txt file, and it would open in notepad. Now, when I click and drag files into notepad, nothing happens.

Any Suggestions

VarxtisFoh, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Why can't I assign Notepad++ to TXT files?

1. Why can't I assign Notepad++ to TXT files? - Similar Threads - Why can't assign

2. Notepad .txt file on my desktop (can't find anywhere else) and it popped up on the 19th i...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad .txt file on my desktop (can't find anywhere else) and it popped up on the 19th i...: File name: debug Cover: default .txt icon Contents: [0819/124823.974:ERROR:process_reader_win.cc(182)] ResumeThread: The parameter is incorrect. (0x57) [0819/124824.004:ERROR:process_reader_win.cc(151)] SuspendThread: Access is denied. (0x5) What is this? Please respond...
  3. Corrupted .TXT Files?

Corrupted .TXT Files?: I don't want to add unnecessary details, so I will keep this simple. A friend created a .7z archive and password protected it with a long password. He saved this password int a .txt file but lost that txt file and didn't know how to recover it. He simply kept the archive...
  4. Why can't I rename this file?

Why can't I rename this file?: That is the question. This is some kind of Hauppauge WinTV system file that is the prime suspect in BSODs. I decided to try to rename the file instances and see if that corrected the BSOD. I renamed two of the three instances I found, but can't rename this one. I changed...
  5. Can't set default app for java and txt files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't set default app for java and txt files: I reset the default apps to Microsoft recommended apps. Now when I try to change the default app for txt files. It is not changing and the logo is also not changing. I tried with java also, but it is not changing. Most of the apps it is changing. Even after changing to...
  6. text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open: my computer has been hacked and all of sudden they sent this text documents and it say push enter but it doesn't do anything. also does anyone know how to get the hackers off my computer... any help would be appreciated Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows...
  7. text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open: my computer has been hacked and all of sudden they sent this text documents and it say push enter but it doesn't do anything. also does anyone know how to get the hackers off my computer... any help would be appreciated...
  8. Drag and Drop txt to Notepad won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and Drop txt to Notepad won't work: Normally, if I have notepad open, I would be able to click and drag an appropriate file into notepad, like a txt file, and it would open in notepad. Now, when I click and drag files into notepad, nothing happens. Any Suggestions. 21320
  9. Can't save txt files to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save txt files to Desktop: It started not long ago and is a problem I've never seen before. When I try to save a txt file, using Notepad or EditPad Lite, Windows shows a message that reads (freely translated from Brazilian Portuguese — I don't know how exactly it goes in English): Save as...
  10. Needa bit of help with windows 10 to open txt files with notepad...

in Windows 10 Support
    Needa bit of help with windows 10 to open txt files with notepad...: Windows 10 is a very nice OS... But it sure has some annoying stuff... Well at least on my machine... Maybe I have a Registry setting that is set wrong... Here is what is happening... I use a lot of txt files... But this is really ticking me off... I did not want to use...