Windows 10: Why can't I assign Notepad++ to TXT files?

Discus and support Why can't I assign Notepad++ to TXT files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I prefer Notepad++ to standard Notepad but I cannot select it as default app for TXT files. I am using Windows 10 (the very latest). How can I make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vagulus, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Vagulus Win User

Why can't I assign Notepad++ to TXT files?

I prefer Notepad++ to standard Notepad but I cannot select it as default app for TXT files.

I am using Windows 10 (the very latest).

How can I make that selection?

Thanks

:)

Vagulus, Sep 3, 2019
  2. varxtis Win User

Drag and Drop txt to Notepad won't work

Normally, if I have notepad open, I would be able to click and drag an appropriate file into notepad, like a txt file, and it would open in notepad. Now, when I click and drag files into notepad, nothing happens.
    Any Suggestions.

varxtis, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Creating desktop icon for Notepad txt file

I used to have recent notepad files listed under "Most Used" in the Start menu. How can I restore desired files to the "Most Used" position, or how can I create a desktop icon for a specific Notepad txt file?

KeithCarley, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Why can't I assign Notepad++ to TXT files?

Notepad - Cant drag and drop to open txt

Normally, if I have notepad open, I would be able to click and drag an appropriate file into notepad, like a txt file, and it would open in notepad. Now, when I click and drag files into notepad, nothing happens.

Any Suggestions

VarxtisFoh, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Why can't I assign Notepad++ to TXT files?

1. Why can't I assign Notepad++ to TXT files? - Similar Threads - Why can't assign

2. Different display between .txt file in Notepad and Sharepoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Different display between .txt file in Notepad and Sharepoint: Why does my report in Notepad look different if I open it on Sharepoint? The ".txt" file is first downloaded from ORACLE and then some manual changes are made to the report. The columns look well placed on my PC, but when I open the report on Sharepoint I see the columns...
  3. Can't open .txt files with notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open .txt files with notepad?: I recently installed VScode and it changed .txt files to open with it, but I wanted notepad back. I tried to go into the open with menu, but I was not there, so I click the "choose another app on this computer" button and selected notepad C:\Windows\System32\Notepad.exe, but...
  4. Can't open .txt files with notepad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open .txt files with notepad?: I recently installed VScode and it changed .txt files to open with it, but I wanted notepad back. I tried to go into the open with menu, but I was not there, so I click the "choose another app on this computer" button and selected notepad C:\Windows\System32\Notepad.exe, but...
  5. How do I open txt files with notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open txt files with notepad?: This is what happens when i try to open a text file with notepad going to a text file -> open with -> notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-txt-files-with-notepad/b007ebf1-b550-4e34-8b96-4d4033f02b3c
  6. How do I open txt files with notepad?

How do I open txt files with notepad?: This is what happens when i try to open a text file with notepad going to a text file -> open with -> notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-txt-files-with-notepad/b007ebf1-b550-4e34-8b96-4d4033f02b3c
  7. Looking for notepad app for .txt files that syncs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for notepad app for .txt files that syncs: Looking for notepad app for .txt files that syncs. don 't want the clunky and slowness of word. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-notepad-app-for-txt-files-that-syncs/43024632-c9f7-4b61-9b1f-42e2e4869874
  8. Looking for notepad app for .txt files that syncs

Looking for notepad app for .txt files that syncs: Looking for notepad app for .txt files that syncs. don 't want the clunky and slowness of word. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-notepad-app-for-txt-files-that-syncs/43024632-c9f7-4b61-9b1f-42e2e4869874
  9. how do i recover unsaved notepad .txt file

how do i recover unsaved notepad .txt file: i was writing vey important project but suddenly power cuts and i lost my data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-unsaved-notepad-txt-file/85e123d1-5799-44ad-9ab4-f3937476b91a
  10. Notepad is unable to open txt files on an SMB share

Notepad is unable to open txt files on an SMB share: After updating from Windows 10 version 1803 to version 1909, I cannot open .txt files that have been saved to SMB shares using Notepad. The files work correctly with other applications like Notepad++, and they also worked correctly before the update. Unfortunately the error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notepad can not open txt files