Windows 10: Why can't I boot with my OS SSD?

Discus and support Why can't I boot with my OS SSD? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm currently trying to make the SSD that I run windows on as my boot drive in BIOS but it's not showing up as a drive that's bootable. My old HDD is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dan_Jenkins, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Why can't I boot with my OS SSD?

I'm currently trying to make the SSD that I run windows on as my boot drive in BIOS but it's not showing up as a drive that's bootable. My old HDD is the only drive showing up in my BIOS as 'Windows Boot Manager' and I'm trying to remove it from my pc, but I can't boot without it since it's the only drive I can boot my computer with. I might just have to back up my SSD and clear all my drives but I'm also not sure if wiping my drives will solve the issue since my BIOS doesn't recognize my SSD as a bootable drive even though it has my operating system on it...

:)

Dan_Jenkins, Mar 24, 2023
  2. techguy31 Win User

64Gb SSD for OS or 2Tb HDD for storage ?!

I suggest that you get the 2tb for storage. SSDs are only useful if you want to boot things fast like OS and programs. I actually suggest you get both if you have that many movies.

techguy31, Mar 24, 2023
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Why can't I boot with my OS SSD? :cool:

jmcslob, Mar 24, 2023
  4. jmcslob Win User

Why can't I boot with my OS SSD?

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Mar 24, 2023
Thema:

Why can't I boot with my OS SSD?

1. Why can't I boot with my OS SSD? - Similar Threads - Why can't boot

2. why can't I update my OS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why can't I update my OS?: Hello, I've got a VM with windows server 2019, I've been trying to install the following cumulative update KB5033371, every time I restar the VM to finish the installation the VM frozen, so I have to turn it off and on and then it's says it could not complete the update and...
  3. Why can't I boot with my OS SSD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I boot with my OS SSD?: I'm currently trying to make the SSD that I run windows on as my boot drive in BIOS but it's not showing up as a drive that's bootable. My old HDD is the only drive showing up in my BIOS as 'Windows Boot Manager' and I'm trying to remove it from my pc, but I can't boot...
  4. Why can't I boot with my OS SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I boot with my OS SSD?: I'm currently trying to make the SSD that I run windows on as my boot drive in BIOS but it's not showing up as a drive that's bootable. My old HDD is the only drive showing up in my BIOS as 'Windows Boot Manager' and I'm trying to remove it from my pc, but I can't boot...
  5. Cant Boot OS on SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Boot OS on SSD: Hi All, I am having trouble, my OS is installed on my HDD. My computer has been extremely slow ever since it was reinstalled onto my HDD from SSD screenshot below. Iam trying to have it copied and moved back to my SSD Patriot Burst. Ive done a copying and moved all the data...
  6. Cant Boot OS on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant Boot OS on SSD: Hi All, I am having trouble, my OS is installed on my HDD. My computer has been extremely slow ever since it was reinstalled onto my HDD from SSD screenshot below. Iam trying to have it copied and moved back to my SSD Patriot Burst. Ive done a copying and moved all the data...
  7. Cant Boot OS on SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I want to boot with SSD but can not install OS in SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to boot with SSD but can not install OS in SSD: Hello all... My laptop have both SSD and HDD. Windows is currently installed in HDD, but I want to install windows 10 in my SSD to boot faster. When I try to install windows in my SSD, I got an error that says windows cannot be installed to this disk because it's not...
  9. I want to boot with SSD but can not install OS in SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to boot with SSD but can not install OS in SSD: Hello all... My laptop have both SSD and HDD. Windows is currently installed in HDD, but I want to install windows 10 in my SSD to boot faster. When I try to install windows in my SSD, I got an error that says windows cannot be installed to this disk because it's not...
  10. I want to boot with SSD but can not install OS in SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade