Windows 10: Why can't i change microphone default format

Discus and support Why can't i change microphone default format in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When you go to sound setting and click recording and go to the device and press properties and go to advanced setting you should be able to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Valkiainen Luka, May 25, 2023.

1. Why can't i change microphone default format

When you go to sound setting and click recording and go to the device and press properties and go to advanced setting you should be able to change the format but it's greyed out. I have tried everything including updating drivers, changing ports, trying on different computers, going to the manufacturers websites everything and it still is greyed out. It doesn't work i can change the microphones level but the advanced settings.

:)

Valkiainen Luka, May 25, 2023

2. Microphone Default Format.

I have an Asus X540LA Laptop, with Realtek HD Audio Manager.

The Microphone device is known as "Realtek High Definition Audio".

When I go to Realtek HD Audio Manager -> Microphone -> Default Format,

I get only two options that are

1. 16 Bits, 44100 Hz (CD Quality)

2. 16 Bits, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)

How can I get more options, like 24 Bit 48k Hz (Studio Quality) and above ? I updated the drivers, still didn't work.

When I go to Sound (by right clicking speaker icon on bottom right) -> Recording -> Realtek High Definition Audio -> Properties -> Advanced

There too, I get only two options. Please help. I need 24 bit or above audio for recording important stuff.

(My microphones :

USB : Samson Go

AUX : Boya BYM1, Boya MM1) are capable of recording 24 bit audio.

If It can't be changed, plz suggest a third party audio manager which can handle this issue.

TheSushantOP, May 25, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 25, 2023
  4. ryevick Win User

Why can't i change microphone default format

Can't Change Microphone Default Sample Rate

I just reinstalled Windows 10 YESTERDAY and haven't even finished installing the software I use and I'm running into problems. I need to have control over my sound settings and I can't change my microphone rate, it's grayed out. See photo attachments. I have uninstalled everything audio in the device manager, downloaded the most up to date drivers from Acer, installed those and rebooted. Nothing I do is working. I freakin' hate Windows... but it's a necessary evil.

Suggestions?
    Windows 10 Home 64
    Acer Aspire E 15
    E5-575G-53VG

Why can't i change microphone default format 291343d1596665103t-cant-change-microphone-default-sample-rate-3.jpg

Why can't i change microphone default format 291336d1596664302t-cant-change-microphone-default-sample-rate-1.jpg

Why can't i change microphone default format 291337d1596664302t-cant-change-microphone-default-sample-rate-2.jpg

ryevick, May 25, 2023
Thema:

Why can't i change microphone default format

1. Why can't i change microphone default format - Similar Threads - Why can't change

2. Why can't i change microphone default format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't i change microphone default format: When you go to sound setting and click recording and go to the device and press properties and go to advanced setting you should be able to change the format but it's greyed out. I have tried everything including updating drivers, changing ports, trying on different...
  3. Why can't i change microphone default format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't i change microphone default format: When you go to sound setting and click recording and go to the device and press properties and go to advanced setting you should be able to change the format but it's greyed out. I have tried everything including updating drivers, changing ports, trying on different...
  4. Can't change microphone default bitrate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change microphone default bitrate: Hello, I want to change my microphone default bitrate format but when I try to do it, I only have the following two options:My friend had many more options to select. Specifically, I want to change the bitrate to '96000 hz studio quality'. I've already tried to update all the...
  5. Can't change microphone default bitrate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change microphone default bitrate: Hello, I want to change my microphone default bitrate format but when I try to do it, I only have the following two options:My friend had many more options to select. Specifically, I want to change the bitrate to '96000 hz studio quality'. I've already tried to update all the...
  6. Can't change microphone default bitrate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Unable to change my default format in microphone properties

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to change my default format in microphone properties: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bingusdfp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u62pzc/unable_to_change_my_default_format_in_microphone/
  8. I Can't Change Microphone Default Sample Rate

I Can't Change Microphone Default Sample Rate: I just reinstalled Windows 10 YESTERDAY and haven't even finished installing the software I use and I'm running into problems. I need to have control over my sound settings and I can't change my microphone rate, it's grayed out. See photo attachments. I have uninstalled...
  9. Microphone default format?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone default format?: Not sure if I'm in the right sub for this but it is a Windows setting In my mic sound settings (Blue Snowball iCE microphone), default format is set to 16 bit, 44100hz (CD quality). It can go up to 16bit 48k hz DVD quality, is there any reason why I shouldn't change the...
  10. Microphone Default Format.

Microphone Default Format.: I have an Asus X540LA Laptop, with Realtek HD Audio Manager. The Microphone device is known as "Realtek High Definition Audio". When I go to Realtek HD Audio Manager -> Microphone -> Default Format, I get only two options that are 1. 16 Bits, 44100 Hz CD Quality 2. 16...