Windows 10: Why can't I change my sign-in screen picture?

Discus and support Why can't I change my sign-in screen picture? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have changed my lock screen photo to a particular image of choice and turned ON "Show Lock Screen Background on Sign-in Screen". While my selected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by geekiamnot_CJ, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Why can't I change my sign-in screen picture?

I have changed my lock screen photo to a particular image of choice and turned ON "Show Lock Screen Background on Sign-in Screen".

While my selected image will appear each time I wake up my laptop throughout the day, another image (the one I don't want) keeps appearing on my sign-in screen each morning I turn on the laptop from the previous night's shut down. I cannot seem to change this sign-in image to correspond with the image I have selected to appear on the sign-in screen. This issue only occurs on one laptop and is not an issue on my other laptop. I have experimented numerous way numerous times. I sign in to my Microsoft account before I attempt to change this image, but it never takes. Why can't I change this image?

:)

geekiamnot_CJ, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

sign in picture

Hi Kenneth,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to change your profile picture on sign-in screen in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key, then click your account at the top of
      Start menu.
    • Click Change account settings.
    • Under your account name, you will see a circle then click the Browse button to choose a photo you want to set as profile picture.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Changing the background scene on the sign-in screen

Hi,

Windows 10 lets you use the lock screen picture as the background picture of the sign-in screen. For you to change the picture on your sign-in screen, you need to change your
    Lock screen picture first, see steps below:

• Go to the Settings, then Personalization.
    • Under Background section, click on the drop down and choose
      Picture
    • Select Lock screen, under Choose your picture section, click on
      Browse and select your desired picture.
    • Make sure to turn on the Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen option.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Why can't I change my sign-in screen picture?

How to change sign in picture

Hi Johnny,

To change the lock screen picture, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select Settings.
    • Go to Personalization > Lock Screen.
    • Set Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen to
      On.
    • Choose the new background picture. You can also click Browse if the picture is located in a different folder.

Why can't I change my sign-in screen picture? 27ceb357-eee5-40ee-9a5f-4679b28a8325.png

We're just here if you need further assistance.

Devlin Sco, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Why can't I change my sign-in screen picture?

1. Why can't I change my sign-in screen picture? - Similar Threads - Why can't change

2. Change Sign In Picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Sign In Picture: I have read numerous posts about changing the account picture, but that is not the answer I'm looking for. If your answer is to go to Change Account Settings, then you are trying to answer a question I already know how to do. When my screen locks and I want to sign back in,...
  3. Change Sign In Picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Sign In Picture: I have read numerous posts about changing the account picture, but that is not the answer I'm looking for. If your answer is to go to Change Account Settings, then you are trying to answer a question I already know how to do. When my screen locks and I want to sign back in,...
  4. I can't change my sign-in/lock screen background?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't change my sign-in/lock screen background?: Ever since I reset my computer a few months ago, I haven't been able to change my lock screen background. I already tried all the regedit and gpedit stuff, none of those were the actual problem. I just haven't been able to change it since "some of these settings are hidden or...
  5. I can't change the picture on my lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't change the picture on my lock screen: The preview just keeps loading, what can I do? submitted by /u/stickyyo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m9v9ug/i_cant_change_the_picture_on_my_lock_screen/
  6. I can't change my lock screen or account picture.

I can't change my lock screen or account picture.: The title says it all, I have the option to change them, it's not an administrative issue, it just loads forever then eventually gives me an error. It's a brand new laptop that doesn't give me any other issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated :) submitted by...
  7. Can't change lock screen picture

Can't change lock screen picture: Any time i try to change my lockscreen picture, it just keeps loading and the picture never comes up... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-picture/859bb0c7-b140-4696-ba52-d5e4ad654100
  8. Why isn't my lock screen picture changing?

Why isn't my lock screen picture changing?: It is stuck on the default one. Under personalization>Lockscteen settings , I selected the "Picture" Option under the Background drop down. I then chose a picture of my liking. Everytime I restart or start up, it goes back to the default Desert picture submitted by...
  9. How to change picture on sign on screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change picture on sign on screen?: How do I change the picture on the sign on screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-picture-on-sign-on-screen/591320c6-574a-4517-87e1-3aa5b93f2717
  10. I can't change my lock screen picture.

I can't change my lock screen picture.: So my default lock screen wallpaper is the default shitty guy running up a hill side shot, and I really want to change it. Problem is, every time I try to select another wallpaper, it gives me the spinny icon and doesn't load, therefore I cannot select the photo. I've tried...