Windows 10: Why can’t I change my time zone???

Discus and support Why can’t I change my time zone??? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently built a new PC (About 3 months ago) and I haven’t been able to change the time zone. Basically every time I change the time, it reverts back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NXB_music, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Why can’t I change my time zone???

Recently built a new PC (About 3 months ago) and I haven’t been able to change the time zone. Basically every time I change the time, it reverts back to pacific time with no error code. I only have one account on the system if it might be a permission thing.

submitted by /u/NXB_music
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NXB_music, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Ellen22 Win User

Unable to change the time zone in Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 Pro. My time zone is Jerusalem, but I need to change it to Eastern to test a program I'm working on.

The time zone won't change. I have tried:

• From the clock/calendar, when I change it - it changes back.
    • From Control Panel - Date and Time, "Change time zone..." - when I click save I get the message "Error occurred - your changes could not be saved."
    • As the Built-in Administrator from the command line using tzutil - I get the message "Insufficient privileges to set the current time zone."

The registry key TimeZoneInformation has Full Control for Administrators

Administrators are listed in the Local Security Setting "Change the Time Zone"

Any suggestions?

Ellen22, Mar 16, 2021
  3. B. Parker Win User
    Time Zones do not change

Hi Andre,

Thanks for taking the time to help. I appreciate it.

I opened the account on my computer which has Administrator Privileges and ran regedit.

In the first string you suggested, it was already set to NTP.

In the second string, I changed the value to 3, as instructed.

Regrettably, after the restart - the trouble is still present. The Time Zone is still stuck on the time zone of the place I started my trip from.

I opened Settings>Time and confirmed that the toggle is set to Automatically Detect/Change the Time Zone, but it clearly isn't working. Additionally, the place where it displays the Time Zone (which if you click on usually drops down a list where you can
    select a new TZ) is grayed out and not longer drops down a list if you click upon it.

Also grayed out is the toggle allowing you to choose to ignore Daylight Savings.

Hmmm. Puzzling.

B. Parker, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Why can’t I change my time zone???

Time Zone Change

I moved states recently and went to change my time zone, only to discover my new time zone (Sydney) wasn't on the list.

How do I get the new time zone added. I would have thought all the major cities would have been there automatically.

helpancient, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Why can’t I change my time zone???

1. Why can’t I change my time zone??? - Similar Threads - Why can’t change

2. Change Time zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Time zone: I am trying to change my Time Zone but the button isn't allowing me and is grayed out. Please help me change the time zone. How can I get the button to allow me to change the time zone?...
  3. Why is my Device Location, and Time Zone Changing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Device Location, and Time Zone Changing?: This is a bit of an odd predicament that I've not seen anyone else post about here, but it's nonetheless a rather curious, annoying, and somewhat concerning one, so thought the best course of action was to post about it here, and see if anyone with in-depth knowledge could...
  4. Why is my Device Location, and Time Zone Changing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Device Location, and Time Zone Changing?: This is a bit of an odd predicament that I've not seen anyone else post about here, but it's nonetheless a rather curious, annoying, and somewhat concerning one, so thought the best course of action was to post about it here, and see if anyone with in-depth knowledge could...
  5. Why is my Device Location, and Time Zone Changing?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. I can’t change the time zone, not recognized as an admin

I can’t change the time zone, not recognized as an admin: I cant change a time zone as my computer nor my laptop recognize me as admin. Ive tried: CMD typying user administrator active/:yes inthink thats whatvtje support person suggested, creating a new account w admin privileges didnt work either, obviously restarting. Im hetting...
  7. I can't change my time zone

I can't change my time zone: I am the admin of my computer. I am trying to change my time zone from pacific to Mountain time where I am living, and when I go to change the time zone in the control panel, it reads that only an admin can do this, ask an administrator for help. I have used this computer for...
  8. Changing Time Zone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Time Zone: I recently built my computer and the time has always been a few hours behind, I've googled how to change the time zones but after I change it to my timezone the time doesn't change on the computer. I need help. submitted by /u/Facts-I-Made-Up [link] [comments]...
  9. change my time zone

change my time zone: I want to change my time zone to use a program : Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-time-zone/83551d94-9a65-4c83-8406-b210837c9a3b
  10. change time zone

change time zone: I have recently restore my laptop and I cant change my time zone to gmt5.30. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-time-zone/48c89f25-8f2b-47bd-a2bb-ddb3e82e9450