Windows 10: Why cant i change the Pin requirement on startup

Discus and support Why cant i change the Pin requirement on startup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I installed the PC for the first time, it skipped whatever it was supposed to do and made me enter a PIN.Now I can't get rid of having to type in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Melanie Harvard, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Why cant i change the Pin requirement on startup

When I installed the PC for the first time, it skipped whatever it was supposed to do and made me enter a PIN.Now I can't get rid of having to type in a PIN on startup. I have been into settings and the option to remove the pin is greyed out.user passwords via netplwiz also doesn't give me the option to not have a password or pinI really don't need or want this function. What can i do

:)

Melanie Harvard, Aug 7, 2022
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 7, 2022
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 7, 2022
  4. Matt Lynx Win User

Why cant i change the Pin requirement on startup

Remove PIN requirement on system startup

How do I remove PIN requirement on startup of Windows 10 ?

Original Title: Windows 10

Matt Lynx, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

Why cant i change the Pin requirement on startup

1. Why cant i change the Pin requirement on startup - Similar Threads - Why cant change

2. Why cant I change my Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant I change my Hello Pin: I've managed to find where to change the pin and have a code sent to my email but once I go to type it in, the pop-up to type it in disappears completely without explanation - not even an error code. I've never been asked to use my Hello PIN until now and really need it but...
  3. Why cant I change my Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why cant I change my Hello Pin: I've managed to find where to change the pin and have a code sent to my email but once I go to type it in, the pop-up to type it in disappears completely without explanation - not even an error code. I've never been asked to use my Hello PIN until now and really need it but...
  4. Why am I required to change my pin every 3 months?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I required to change my pin every 3 months?: I am told that "my organization" requires me to change my PIN every three months. How can I change the length in between the changes? Every three months is too much....
  5. Why am I required to change my pin every 3 months?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I required to change my pin every 3 months?: I am told that "my organization" requires me to change my PIN every three months. How can I change the length in between the changes? Every three months is too much....
  6. Why cant i change the Pin requirement on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant i change the Pin requirement on startup: When I installed the PC for the first time, it skipped whatever it was supposed to do and made me enter a PIN.Now I can't get rid of having to type in a PIN on startup. I have been into settings and the option to remove the pin is greyed out.user passwords via netplwiz also...
  7. cant change PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cant change PIN: I'm on an HP pavilion laptop with windows 10. I can't change the PIN. Change and Forgot PIN are unavailable. do i have to update to windows 11? how can i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-pin/95c8bcd2-7d13-4bb3-818a-5080a23951d5
  8. Windows 10 requires PIN on startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 requires PIN on startup.: Windows 10 requires PIN on startup. I don't want to be required to use a PIN or Password or any other identification method. How do I remove this requirement....
  9. organisation changing pin requirements

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    organisation changing pin requirements: On my personal laptop, in which i am signed into my personal microsoft account, I have experienced it telling me to change my pin as it wasn't secure enough for my organisation. I do not remember consenting to my university being able to alter my personal laptop. I am...
  10. Organization requires changing PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Organization requires changing PIN: I am currently having an issue with being forced to change my pin. The prompt states that it is my organization that requires this. This is my personal computer and I am the only user on it. I have tried the solutions on other questions, but none of them have worked. I cannot...