Windows 10: Why can't I choose Outlook as a default mail program

Discus and support Why can't I choose Outlook as a default mail program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when I click on an email address link, it takes me to the default mail program. I've tried to change the default mail program, but the only choices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andy Ussery, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Andy Ussery Win User

Why can't I choose Outlook as a default mail program

when I click on an email address link, it takes me to the default mail program. I've tried to change the default mail program, but the only choices are "Mail" and "Chrome"

how do we get outlook back??

:)

Andy Ussery, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

3. theking2 Win User
    Choose Default Program not working

• Right click on file
    • Select Open With | Choose Default Program...
    • select a program from the list.

The selected program is opened with the file form 1)
    • Close the program
    • Double click the file from 1.

The old program is opened.
    It seems that the functionality to choose a default program is not working.

How do I specifiy a default program for a file type using the File Explorer?

4. theking2 Win User

Choose Default Program not working

This is the case for an XML file but also .inf files, which are all text files, can be opened once with a text editor but after that it is not possible to change the editor using the steps you provide.

It is possible to select a text editor under Choose Default Program but as the select box is not displayed it is not possible to make the selection stick.

Could someone add this to the bugs list of explorer? Thanks!

Thema:

1. Why can't I choose Outlook as a default mail program - Similar Threads - Why can't choose

2. Why does my Default for email change from Outlook to WIndows Mail every time I get a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does my Default for email change from Outlook to WIndows Mail every time I get a...: The question title pretty much says it all. And it is not just me. Happens to many people. And always the ONLY Default that changes. Is there no way to permanently LOCK my preferred DEFAULTS and stop changes unless "I" make them?...
  3. Why is the new Outlook Mail so slow?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is the new Outlook Mail so slow?: Ever since Outlook got updated (some weeks ago), it's been running incredibly slow and lags my entire browser. Anyone else have this happen, and is there anything to fix this? 58843
  4. Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook: I have both the windows 10 mail app and office outlook installed but when emailing a document from within windows file explorer it always tries to send it using Outlook. Is there a way to get it to default to send using the Mail app instead? I have tried setting the...
  5. Set default mail program

in Browsers and Email
    Set default mail program: Yeah, I know: Settings/Default or Control Panel/Default. But it won't work with OE Classic. It's installed and working but Windows never heard of it. Perhaps add it to the registry manually? 94526
  6. Default Applications - Can't select Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    Default Applications - Can't select Outlook 2013: Hi, I have Office 2016 but have to use Outlook 2013 due to Exchange limitations for my corporate email account All works well except when choosing default applications the list only has Outlook 2016 This is a problem as I want to configure the MAILTO (URL:MailTo) protocol...
  7. Can't Choose Any Browser To be My Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Choose Any Browser To be My Default Browser: Hello Guys After a while of using the new Windows 10 I faced a problem . when any program in the Desktop wonna redirect me to some internet page the system say " How you wonna open this webset ? " . and in normal case it will give the Choose to use any Browser App I have...
  8. Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 showing twice in default programs.: I have a user with a fairly new computer running Windows 10 Pro. He has Office 2016 H&B and for whatever reason his outlook shows twice in default programs. I don't know for sure but this seems to be causing several things not to work correctly. This includes the built in...
  9. Can't choose default software / choices won't get saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't choose default software / choices won't get saved: I've had this problem a few days where I simply can't set a default browser (or any other default software from the settings) anymore. It let's me to go to the list and choose, say, Google Chrome, but then doesn't save my choice. I can revert to Microsoft's default settings...
  10. Choosing default for bash in cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    Choosing default for bash in cmd: Hi all, I have installed git before, so as a side effect, mingw is also installed. Currently, if I type bash in cmd, I got in bash provided by mingw. Now I want to activate Linux subsystem on windows 10. The question is, can I set the default or configure what the bash...