Windows 10: Why can't I choose Outlook as a default mail program

Discus and support Why can't I choose Outlook as a default mail program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when I click on an email address link, it takes me to the default mail program. I've tried to change the default mail program, but the only choices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andy Ussery, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Why can't I choose Outlook as a default mail program

when I click on an email address link, it takes me to the default mail program. I've tried to change the default mail program, but the only choices are "Mail" and "Chrome"

how do we get outlook back??

:)

Andy Ussery, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Oct 13, 2018
  3. theking2 Win User
    Choose Default Program not working

• Right click on file
    • Select Open With | Choose Default Program...
    • select a program from the list.

The selected program is opened with the file form 1)
    • Close the program
    • Double click the file from 1.

The old program is opened.
    It seems that the functionality to choose a default program is not working.

How do I specifiy a default program for a file type using the File Explorer?

theking2, Oct 13, 2018
  4. theking2 Win User

Why can't I choose Outlook as a default mail program

Choose Default Program not working

This is the case for an XML file but also .inf files, which are all text files, can be opened once with a text editor but after that it is not possible to change the editor using the steps you provide.

It is possible to select a text editor under Choose Default Program but as the select box is not displayed it is not possible to make the selection stick.

Could someone add this to the bugs list of explorer? Thanks!

theking2, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Why can't I choose Outlook as a default mail program

1. Why can't I choose Outlook as a default mail program - Similar Threads - Why can't choose

2. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS: What does this mean? Create an association in the Default Programs on control panel. Cannot send emails becacause of :"no email associationto perform this action"........Have been using the same email address for years..but cannot send emails from certain sites like...
  3. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Customization
    add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS: What does this mean? Create an association in the Default Programs on control panel. Cannot send emails becacause of :"no email associationto perform this action"........Have been using the same email address for years..but cannot send emails from certain sites like...
  4. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I'm confused. Why can't I switch mail default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm confused. Why can't I switch mail default?: OK, I want to change my default mail app on my PC and my browser. But I'm confused. When I do to Settings. It doesn't give me the option to set Gmail as my default, and there are several Mail options. It's very confusing. I had tried to use Outlook, but Outlook won't receive...
  6. I can't choose default apps at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't choose default apps at all: I want to set my default browser to Opera, but clicking on the buttons shown does nothing. It also lags my computer. How come? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-choose-default-apps-at-all/23b2295b-48a1-4351-b789-d22aa74f79cb
  7. I can't choose default apps at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't choose default apps at all: I want to set my default browser to Opera, but clicking on the buttons shown does nothing. It also lags my computer. How come? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-choose-default-apps-at-all/23b2295b-48a1-4351-b789-d22aa74f79cb
  8. Canceling choose a default program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Canceling choose a default program: [IMG] Hi, I have a question about restoring back the "choose a default app by file type", I accidentally picked a default program which I didn't mean to. And I want go back to where there shouldn't be any default program associate with that file extension, is there any way...
  9. Can't choose default program to open files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't choose default program to open files: Hello, I have been living with problem for a while. When making any file like: .css, .html, .php, .js and then trying to open them it shows the "How do you want to open this file?" list from where I select the program, for example Sublime Text 3. I select the program, it...
  10. Outlook Default Mail Client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Default Mail Client: Following earlier instructions (using windows 10) I set outlook as my default e-mail client for in both Outlook and my registry. When I use my scanner (Brother MFC-J4420DW printer) to scan to E-Mail I get the message: "Either there is no default mail client or the current...