Windows 10: Why can't I connect any device to my mobile hotspot on my laptop?

Discus and support Why can't I connect any device to my mobile hotspot on my laptop? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 version 1803 and when I activate my mobile hotspot I can't connect any device to that mobile hotspot, phone can't connect,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gare997, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Gare997 Win User

Why can't I connect any device to my mobile hotspot on my laptop?

I am using windows 10 version 1803 and when I activate my mobile hotspot I can't connect any device to that mobile hotspot, phone can't connect, another laptop can't connecet. What is the problem and hoe do I fix it? It's been bugging me since I got my laptop.

:)

Gare997, Dec 3, 2018

2. Laptop cannot connect to mobile hotspot on Windows 10 mobile

Hi Aongola,

As we would need some additional information to troubleshoot the issue.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity.

1. Is the laptop able to connect to other Wi-Fi networks?

2. Are other devices able to connect to the mobile hotspot network?

The Wi-Fi network might not be configured properly after the update. I suggest you to remove the old network created and try creating a new mobile hotspot network with new credentials. Further, remove the network from the Laptop connections by selecting
    Forget network.

Now connect to the new network from the Laptop and check if it gets connected.

Refer the article for steps to create a mobile hotspot on Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-phone-as-a-mobile-hotspot-mobile

Hope this helps to connect your laptop to Wi-Fi. Do keep us posted.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Cannot Connect to Mobile Hotspot

Hi,

The Wi-Fi network might not be configured properly after the update. I suggest you to remove the old network created and try creating a new mobile hotspot network with new credentials. Further, remove the network from the Laptop connections by selecting
    Forget network.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-phone-as-a-mobile-hotspot-mobile

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 Laptop Can't Connect to my Mobile Hotspot

Hi Augustine,

Forget network.

Pavan_N, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Why can't I connect any device to my mobile hotspot on my laptop? - Similar Threads - Why can't connect

2. Can't connect to this network to my mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to this network to my mobile hotspot: I can't connect to mobile hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-this-network-to-my-mobile-hotspot/fa4605d5-56d3-4873-99e0-01da6f2e16ac
  3. Can't connect to this network to my mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to this network to my mobile hotspot: I can't connect to mobile hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-this-network-to-my-mobile-hotspot/fa4605d5-56d3-4873-99e0-01da6f2e16ac
  4. Can't connect to this network to my mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Devices can't connect to mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices can't connect to mobile hotspot: I started hotspot on my laptop but when i t to connect to the wifi it gets stuck at "Getting ip address" and after a while simply disconnects.I started having this problem after restarting adapter settings...
  6. Devices can't connect to mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices can't connect to mobile hotspot: I started hotspot on my laptop but when i t to connect to the wifi it gets stuck at "Getting ip address" and after a while simply disconnects.I started having this problem after restarting adapter settings...
  7. Devices can't connect to mobile hotspot

8. Trouble connecting to my mobile hotspot on my laptop

Trouble connecting to my mobile hotspot on my laptop: Hi everyone, Recently I've been facing a problem with my laptop's network connection. When I try to connect it to my phone's hotspot, it shows I have no internet access, even though I can surf through the net. I've tried to troubleshoot it and it shows me that I have to...
  9. my laptop can't connect to my mobile hotspot

my laptop can't connect to my mobile hotspot: I have an Asus laptop and it can't connect to my mobile hotspot but it can connect with my sister's laptop. Also, my laptop can connect with other people mobile hotspot but not with mine...
  10. Device can't connect to Windows Mobile Hotspot

Device can't connect to Windows Mobile Hotspot: I've had this issue for a while and haven't been able to find a solution. So basically I start up the hotspot, it turns on, but my phone can't seem to connect to the network. Any help is greatly appreciated....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i connect any of my devices to my mobile hot spot

2. how can i used mobile hot spot with my laptop