Windows 10: Why can't I connect my PS4 control to my PC by usb?

Discus and support Why can't I connect my PS4 control to my PC by usb? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I used DS4 to connect wired my controller to my PC was windows 10 and now is windows 11 because it's a good program to use. Now in windows 11 it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ritter M., Mar 5, 2024.

1. Ritter M. Win User

Why can't I connect my PS4 control to my PC by usb?

I used DS4 to connect wired my controller to my PC was windows 10 and now is windows 11 because it's a good program to use. Now in windows 11 it doesn't want to connect for some reason.

:)

Ritter M., Mar 5, 2024

2. Unable to connect PS4 controller to PC

I play video games regularly and I use a ps4 controller to play them. I use a bluetooth usb adapter to connect the ps4 controller to my pc, however, I always have to go into settings, click " remove device" from the pc, then connect with bluetooth and type
    in the four digit pin which is 0000. I tried using the "windows key + a" shortcut to open the menu with all the connection options then click connect. When I click connect nothing shows up even though my controller is on pairing mode. Is there a fix for this
    issue?

***Modified title from: Windows 10 Bluetooth Connection with Ps4 Controller ***

BootlegBird, Mar 5, 2024
  3. Ryu_fr Win User
    Unable to connect PS4 controller to PC

I play video games regularly and I use a ps4 controller to play them. I use a bluetooth usb adapter to connect the ps4 controller to my pc, however, I always have to go into settings, click " remove device" from the pc, then connect with bluetooth and type in the four digit pin which is 0000. I tried using the "windows key + a" shortcut to open the menu with all the connection options then click connect. When I click connect nothing shows up even though my controller is on pairing mode. i have tried Is there a fix for this issue?

i have already tried

1. creating a new user account in pc.

2. removing hidden grey devices from bluetooth in device manager.

3. resetting controller.

4. removing everything drivers in Bluetooth

Another weird thing, whenever I m in device manager > bluetooth and press the PS button on my controller and right after that a "Wireless controller" pops under the list, but it still doesnt connect with controller with resetting

Ryu_fr, Mar 5, 2024
  4. Why can't I connect my PS4 control to my PC by usb?

USB Connected device not found by PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is, when the device doesn't work in the way it should. I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far.

Since you tried the same PS4 controller on a different laptop and failed to connect, resetting the system is not required and assuming that it could be a hardware related issue.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to try these methods and let us know the result of these methods.

Method 1: Steps to reset PS4

1. Turn back the controller.
    2. You should see a tiny reset button. It must be close to the L2 button.
    3. Use a pen or a needle and push the button for 10 seconds.
    4. Connect the controller and check

Method 2: Update HID in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows + X and click on
      Device manager
    2. Click on View tab on the top. Select
      Show hidden devices.
    3. Search & Expand Human Interface Devices and then check for
      HID-complaint game controller.
    4. Right Click on it and select Uninstall.
    5. Restart the PC and plug in the USB PS4 controller to install automatically.

Method 3: Set the PS4 as default app.

1. Press Windows +R key from the keyboard to open Run command.
    2. Type joy.cpl and click OK.
    3. Select the PS4 controller in the list and click on Advanced tab below.
    4. Then select the PS4 controller as preferred device and click OK.

However, you can also refer this Error:
    “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive
    article to troubleshoot, please exclude method 1 and 2 as they are not relevant to PS4.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 5, 2024
Thema:

Why can't I connect my PS4 control to my PC by usb?

1. Why can't I connect my PS4 control to my PC by usb? - Similar Threads - Why can't connect

2. Why can't I connect my PS4 control to my PC by usb?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I connect my PS4 control to my PC by usb?: I used DS4 to connect wired my controller to my PC was windows 10 and now is windows 11 because it's a good program to use. Now in windows 11 it doesn't want to connect for some reason....
  3. PS4 Controller suddenly not connecting to my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller suddenly not connecting to my PC: Hello! I have a rather weird problem. A few days ago my PC suddenly didn't recognize my DualShock 4 controller anymore. I have a Win 11 PC which should be on the newest update. The controller is only used via Steam to play -> it shines in a predefined colour in my case green....
  4. PS4 Controller suddenly not connecting to my PC

PS4 Controller suddenly not connecting to my PC: Hello! I have a rather weird problem. A few days ago my PC suddenly didn't recognize my DualShock 4 controller anymore. I have a Win 11 PC which should be on the newest update. The controller is only used via Steam to play -> it shines in a predefined colour in my case green....
  5. Ps4 controller can't connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ps4 controller can't connect: I tried every single method I found on the internet but they don't work,I tried changing usb cables,using wirless,using ds4.All of them don't work.So someone please help...
  6. Ps4 controller can't connect

Ps4 controller can't connect: I tried every single method I found on the internet but they don't work,I tried changing usb cables,using wirless,using ds4.All of them don't work.So someone please help...
  7. Ps4 controller can't connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I can't connect my ps4 controller

I can't connect my ps4 controller: It seems like i can no longer connect my ps4 controller to windows. If i power it on, it will flash a few times and turn off immediately. I have tried removing it from my pc, and pairing it again. I have tried reinstalling the bluetooth drivers from device manager. I have...
  9. Can't connect my ps4 controller for fortnite

Can't connect my ps4 controller for fortnite: Dear Microsoft, It seems that whenever I want to connect my wireless ps4 controller to my PC so that my brother can play Fortnite, there is a problem. I've even installed apps such as Ds4windows and inputmapper and it still wouldn't work. Inputmapper kind of worked but I...
  10. how to connect ps4 control to my pc?

how to connect ps4 control to my pc?: I have a ps4 and I want to use a controller to play better, how can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-ps4-control-to-my-pc/653748da-688f-4923-b983-880f07643ec7