Windows 10: Why cant i connect to AOL.com anymore?

Discus and support Why cant i connect to AOL.com anymore? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to go to aol.com I get aol.jp. I don't want to go to aol.jp its in Japanese. I want to go to aol.com. This problem started 3 days ago. Why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BessFurneaux, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Why cant i connect to AOL.com anymore?

When I try to go to aol.com I get aol.jp. I don't want to go to aol.jp its in Japanese. I want to go to aol.com. This problem started 3 days ago. Why can I suddenly not access it?

My browser opens a specific set of pages on launch and this is one of them but now it will only open the Japanese one.

I try to get to it through google, same thing happens.

I can get to the British site version just fine.

This is not browser related as i've tried it in different ones and the same thing happens

In case you were wondering, I am in japan. I have been for 5 years but only now is this a problem.

Is this something you have updated on windows or is it on AOl's end?

Thanks

:)

BessFurneaux, Sep 5, 2018

2. Outlook trouble in Windows 10 handling AOL email

Hi Dave,

• Are you referring to Windows 10 Mail App?
    • If yes, then is that an additional account?

If your AOL is an additional account in Windows 10 Mail App, then I suggest you to remove the account and reconfigure it and check the behavior. And if your AOL is primary a account, please get back to us for further assistance.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Thank you

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Sep 5, 2018
  3. AOL will soon be free.

That reminds me of the time I told AOL tech support exactly what was wrong with AOL 9.0 (to be precise, the processes that allowed AOL to run operated like malware, and automatically restarted themselves). They didn't speak for like five minutes, and then said "thanks for reporting the problem...until then, please run AOL Spyware Protection to eliminate pesky start up services" *Wtf :wtf:. Oh yeah and according to my Mom, the reasons to run AOL are:
    • Parental controls (useless and easily bypassable).
    • Easiest E-mail interface (I can't argue with an opinion).
    • Security (If they aren't unneccessary, they are easily replaced by better performing freeware).

zekrahminator, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Why cant i connect to AOL.com anymore?

AOL application compatibility on Windows 10.

Hi Merlina,

Thanks for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Which browser are you currently using to access AOL?
    • Did you try downloading AOL app from Windows Store and check if you are facing similar issues?

Check if similar issue persists on accessing AOL on another browser. If the issue persists, I suggest you to download AOL app from Windows Store and check if it helps.

To download AOL app from Windows Store, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Store and select the top most search result.
    • Type AOL in the search box located at the top right corner of the screen and press
      Enter key on the keyboard.
    • Download the app and check if similar issue persists.

Refer to the link below on Windows 10 – AOL help:

Windows 10

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Why cant i connect to AOL.com anymore?

1. Why cant i connect to AOL.com anymore? - Similar Threads - Why cant connect

2. why cant i connect to a wireless LAN manually???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i connect to a wireless LAN manually???: i recently got a new pc, windows 10, and on the 'Network and Sharing Center' it doesnt even show the option to connect to a Wi-Fi network manually?!! it only shows 3 options which are 'Connect to the Internet' broadband or dial up with an ethernet or such; 'Set up a new...
  3. Why I cant connect to bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cant connect to bluetooth?: I cant connect my bluetooth device because of missing driver I guess https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-connect-to-bluetooth/f8f0233c-592a-402f-ba5d-e68af74fe281
  4. Why I cant connect to bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I cant connect to bluetooth?: I cant connect my bluetooth device because of missing driver I guess https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-connect-to-bluetooth/f8f0233c-592a-402f-ba5d-e68af74fe281
  5. Windows 10 - Where are the COM ports? Are there no COM ports anymore?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Where are the COM ports? Are there no COM ports anymore?: I've gone the following way: Device Manager -> Universal Serial Bus controllers -> Action -> Add legacy hardware -> Next -> Add hardware -> tried both options, neither works -> Completing the Add Hardware Tool using Microsoft So where do I go next to get the correct...
  6. Why cant i connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why cant i connect to wifi: Usually it works fine but now it says secured no internet it works on my phone but not my laptop submitted by /u/minoooman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lc742v/why_cant_i_connect_to_wifi/
  7. Why cant I download adobe connect

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why cant I download adobe connect: Im having trouble downloading adobe connect....whats the problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-download-adobe-connect/80a79fb4-222c-4371-96be-e38ca8fcdd6c
  8. Why cant I swap between 2 audios anymore?

Why cant I swap between 2 audios anymore?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/silasfuella [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ibh8r7/why_cant_i_swap_between_2_audios_anymore/
  9. WHY CANT I FIND MOVIE MAKER ANYWHERE ANYMORE??

WHY CANT I FIND MOVIE MAKER ANYWHERE ANYMORE??: I had movie Maker on my laptop about four years ago, and while I know it isn't powerful, it was perfect for what I needed. I'm trying to find it now, and all I can find are bootleg apps with a watermark claiming to be genuine movie Maker programs, which I know isn't true, or...
  10. Cannot send Emails from AOL App anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot send Emails from AOL App anymore: I can no longer send emails from my AOL app since I enabled two-factor encryption. I can receive emails. Also is their a tech person I can call for Microsoft help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aol application for windows 10

2. aol app on windows 10