Windows 10: Why can't I copy files that have this additional right-click menu item

Discus and support Why can't I copy files that have this additional right-click menu item in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a few files on my DATA partition that I can't copy to a backup drive, either using Windows or a utility like Beyond Compare. If I right-click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, Mar 12, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Why can't I copy files that have this additional right-click menu item

I have a few files on my DATA partition that I can't copy to a backup drive, either using Windows or a utility like Beyond Compare.

If I right-click on any of these files, there is an additional menu item: File Ownership. When I click on File Ownership, I get this error message:

Why can't I copy files that have this additional right-click menu item [​IMG]

But, I never have encrypted any of my files. Is there anything I can do to restore this file to normal attributes?

:)

2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Why can't I copy files that have this additional right-click menu item - Similar Threads - Why can't copy

2. Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu: I just switched to Windows and am trying to learn and optimise my workflow. Something I am dearly missing is the ability to quickly select a menu item from the right click context menu, by right clicking and holding on an item, moving the cursor to the menu item, and...
  3. right click file menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click file menu: 1. Why did the file management drop down menu change from all the things you need to manage files to stuff you don't usually do as a first option on Windows 11? I need to delete a file it takes more clicks/steps to delete it etc. Why did they change that for the worse? Don't...
  4. right click file menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right click file menu: 1. Why did the file management drop down menu change from all the things you need to manage files to stuff you don't usually do as a first option on Windows 11? I need to delete a file it takes more clicks/steps to delete it etc. Why did they change that for the worse? Don't...
  5. Can't right click and drag or copy files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't right click and drag or copy files: I recently lost the ability to right click and copy files to a separate folder or the desktop. I have tried several of the fixes posted online but with no luck....
  6. Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Right Click Menu On Taskbar Items: Hello. I'd like to state that I'm aware that 7++ Taskbar Tweaker has that classic menu option when right clicking on a Taskbar tab (refer to picture), yet I'm sure there's a Registry tweak for that. Does anyone know where in the Registry that is located? [img] 121583
  7. Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on Start menu item, item disappears: A reinstall of Insider Preview. If I click on "Start", scroll to a program, Outlook, for example, when I right click the Start menu disappears.Happens with any Program, App, that I click on. There's sort of a 1 second delay before its gone. Ran an sfc /scannow and found...
  8. Right Click start menu items do not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click start menu items do not work: I updated to windows 10 last week and everything worked. Now if I right click on the start menu, the context menu items other than Run, shut down, search or desktop no longer do anything. Cortana always asks me to switch my speech language, but if I ignore that it works and...
  9. Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working: Hi all. This is my first post. Using win 10. The Issue i'm having is that when I right click on the Windows Start Icon, I get a list of menu items: Apps features power options event viewer * system, device manager* network connections disk management* computer...
  10. No Properties menu item when right clicking the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    No Properties menu item when right clicking the taskbar: I have a clean install of build 14332 No properties menu item when I right click the Taskbar. How can I get to the properties screen? [img] This is the menu I am trying to get to (image from the web not my PC) [img] 51030