Windows 10: Why Can't I Copy or Move This dmp file?

Discus and support Why Can't I Copy or Move This dmp file? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have another thread going and I can't put this dmp file up on onedrive, even in a zipped folder I thought the dmp file was in, is empty when opened?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoeFromSd, May 24, 2020.

1. JoeFromSd Win User

Why Can't I Copy or Move This dmp file?

I have another thread going and I can't put this dmp file up on onedrive, even in a zipped folder I thought the dmp file was in,

is empty when opened?

I just had Win 10 32 bit installed on my 64 bit system don't ask me why, and suspect that could be an issue?

:)

JoeFromSd, May 24, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 24, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, May 24, 2020
  4. Why Can't I Copy or Move This dmp file?

Help reading mini dmp file

Download BlueScreenView, unpack the ZIP, and run the EXE (no installation necessary). It's an excellent little utility for looking at DMP files and finding the cause of crashes.

Static~Charge, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Why Can't I Copy or Move This dmp file?

1. Why Can't I Copy or Move This dmp file? - Similar Threads - Why Can't Copy

2. Can't copy/move files in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't copy/move files in Windows 10.: Hello. I have Windows 10 Home on a PC Desktop and all the latest updates. Copying files from one location to another using Explorer doesn't work. I have restarted Explorer and doing it worked for a few actions then failed again. I restarted it again and I could copy/cut files...
  3. Can't copy/move files in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't copy/move files in Windows 10.: Hello. I have Windows 10 Home on a PC Desktop and all the latest updates. Copying files from one location to another using Explorer doesn't work. I have restarted Explorer and doing it worked for a few actions then failed again. I restarted it again and I could copy/cut files...
  4. Can't copy/move files in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  6. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  7. copy move files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy move files: Hi I am a photographer and on Windows 10 I manually copy images to backup all the time.... I want to copy files to backup and filter only by name & size and not by Date/Time... Because of Daylight Saving Time many times my backup files do not jive with the original files...
  8. Can't copy/move files using File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't copy/move files using File Explorer: Hi guys, I recently build a new pc and installed Windows Pro on it. Everything is working pretty well, except for 1 thing: I can't move/copy files... Whenever I try to do this screen flickers black for less than a second, and file explorer shuts down without moving or...
  9. Can't move files, can only copy them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't move files, can only copy them: So im trying to move a file from my ssd to a hardrive but it will only let me copy it. I need to move the entire folder. How can I do that? submitted by /u/todahmoon18238 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kej9un/cant_move_files_can_only_copy_them/
  10. EFS copying , moving files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EFS copying , moving files: Hello, I am preparing for the MD-100 certification and I have a question about copying or moving EFS files. According to Exam Ref MD-100 Windows 10 by Andrew Bettany on page #188 "EFS will prevent attempts to copy or move encrypted data by anyone except users who have the...