Windows 10: Why can't I create a scheduled task?

Discus and support Why can't I create a scheduled task? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Task Scheduler, when try to create a task to run at start-up, prior to log-on, I get this result: "Task Scheduler cannot create the task. The user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkFilipak.Windows, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Why can't I create a scheduled task?

In Task Scheduler, when try to create a task to run at start-up, prior to log-on, I get this result:

"Task Scheduler cannot create the task. The user account is unknown, the password is incorrect, or the user account does not have permission to create this task."

I'm logged in as myself, using my password, and I'm a member of Administrators.

I searched and found no good help: Not Win10 or too basic or vague or wrong.

I notice that, though I have the link that launches Task Manager set to "Run as administrator", to wit:

'Windows Task Scheduler Properties' dialog

_/Shortcut\_ tab

[Advanced] button

[X] Run as administrator

when I launch it, it does not query my password.

Even when I use the context menu and select "Run as administrator", it does not query my password.

Warm Regards,

Mark.

:)

MarkFilipak.Windows, Dec 17, 2018

2. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

The Steps which resolve this problem on my computer :

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Open Task Scheduler
    • Navigate in the Task Scheduler Library (Nothing else !!!)
    And the message deseapear and I can create a task !!!

PhilippeCORMIER, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Why can't I create a scheduled task?

Task scheduler

No errors found by each suggestion. May have to do a clean install unless someone has a different solution

disherabcd, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Why can't I create a scheduled task?

1. Why can't I create a scheduled task? - Similar Threads - Why can't create

2. I can't edit a scheduled task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't edit a scheduled task: In my Windows 10 Task Scheduler there is a scheduled task in the Microsoft-Windows-Application Experience folder called "Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser", which as far as I can tell causes to run the "Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry" service. The scheduled time for this...
  3. I can't edit a scheduled task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't edit a scheduled task: In my Windows 10 Task Scheduler there is a scheduled task in the Microsoft-Windows-Application Experience folder called "Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser", which as far as I can tell causes to run the "Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry" service. The scheduled time for this...
  4. I can't edit a scheduled task

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Creating a scheduled task for restore points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a scheduled task for restore points: I've read and watched videos on how to create a monthly or three monthly Restore Point but cannot get past the following "you must enter a task name and at least one action" ... the videos that I've watched do not mention this. Can anyone point out to me how to do this?...
  6. Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler: I am unable to create a task in Task Scheduler. A few day ago I Reset Win 10. I find that a task (Create System Restore Point) is not working. I deleted it and tried to create a new task. It let me fill all 'the blanks' until I get to the end when a box appears and asks me to...
  7. Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler: I am unable to create a task in Task Scheduler. A few day ago I Reset Win 10. I find that a task (Create System Restore Point) is not working. I deleted it and tried to create a new task. It let me fill all 'the blanks' until I get to the end when a box appears and asks me to...
  8. Create a scheduled task with PowerShell

Create a scheduled task with PowerShell: Hello Microsoft team, I would like to create a scheduled task to restart PC on a daily basis. This would be run on a multiple devices running Windows 10. I think it's pretty handy to have it as a script via PowerShell ISE so I don't have to always create a tasks in all...
  9. Create task in task scheduler

Create task in task scheduler: Dear all, I need your assistant to run the following two tasks: - Shutdown the PC - Reboot the PC Is there a difference if the PC joined to the domain or not? Thank you in advacne...
  10. Can't create task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create task in Task Scheduler: Whenever I try to create a task in Task Scheduler, an error pops up. [img] I press OK, and this pops up: [img] Here is the transcript: "Unhandled Exception in Managed Code Snap-in FX:{c7b8fb06-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4} The system cannot find the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to create scheduled tasks

2. could not create the schedule task

3. task scheduler cannot create the task the user account is unknown windows 10

4. Task Scheduler cannot create the task User account is unknown