Windows 10: Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11?

Discus and support Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using Windows 11. I need to add a custom page size for Microsoft Print to PDF but there is no option to create a new size. Under advanced there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ryan Z123, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Ryan Z123 Win User

Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11?

I am using Windows 11. I need to add a custom page size for Microsoft Print to PDF but there is no option to create a new size. Under advanced there is only the choice to select a number of default page sizes only.

:)

Ryan Z123, Apr 21, 2024

2. Microsoft Print to PDF - custom paper sizes possible?

Hi,

We suggest that you try to set the paper size of the exact document first. You can create a custom page size before you proceed with
    Microsoft Print to PDF, it should auto-detect the paper size of the document.

To set the paper size in Microsoft Office:

• Click on the Page Layout/Page Design tab.
    • Click on Size, and then in the options available, click on
      More Paper Sizes...
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and scroll down to the last option which is
      Custom size
      . You will be able to customize your preferred paper size.
    • Once done, click on OK, and then proceed with Microsoft Print to PDF.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Apr 21, 2024
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF - custom paper sizes possible?

Came across this page, but haven't tried the method.

Custom Page Sizes for Microsoft Print to PDF « Franklin Heath Ltd : Custom Page Sizes for Microsoft Print to PDF

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 21, 2024
  4. Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11?

Microsoft Print to PDF and custom page size

I am using the Microsoft Print to PDF driver. I need to print to 15"x22", but custom sizes are not an option (!). I'm looking for a solution.

So far I have run into the following dead-ends, so I would appreciate other suggestions:

1) Modify the Microsoft GPD file to allow custom sizes. Unfortunately, my computer is locked down and I don't have the required Administrator privileges to modify files in C:\Windows\System32\spool\V4Dirs.

2) Install CutePDF. Unfortunately, the driver installation fails for lack of Administrator privileges.

3) Install SolidPDFCreator. Unfortunately, the driver hangs during printing.

4) Install some other sketchy PDF print driver. No thanks, but willing to listen to recommendations for
    trustworthy 3rd party software.

5) Send feedback to Microsoft via the Windows Feedback app, to get the driver problem solved in Windows 13 or 14. Unfortunately, my IT Administrator has blocked the Windows Store. (If someone wants to offer the feedback for me, please do. As far as I
    can see, Microsoft simply lacked imagination when writing the GPD file. It just needs some additional text to allow custom and to define typical sizes like ARCH series, ANSI series, and ISO 218 A series. Really, guys, way to phone it in.)

Thanks for any suggestions,

Justin

Bukowski.JD, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11?

1. Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11? - Similar Threads - Why can't create

2. Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I create custom page sizes in Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 11?: I am using Windows 11. I need to add a custom page size for Microsoft Print to PDF but there is no option to create a new size. Under advanced there is only the choice to select a number of default page sizes only....
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF is not giving me the page size that I pick.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Print to PDF is not giving me the page size that I pick.: Microsoft Print to PDF is NOT giving me the page size that I pick.It appears to be growing the page size.If I select A4 from the list the resulting pdf has a size of 280 x 396 mm.If I select A5 from the list the resulting pdf has a size of 197 x 280 mm.Is there a setting or...
  4. Microsoft Print to PDF is not giving me the page size that I pick.

Microsoft Print to PDF is not giving me the page size that I pick.: Microsoft Print to PDF is NOT giving me the page size that I pick.It appears to be growing the page size.If I select A4 from the list the resulting pdf has a size of 280 x 396 mm.If I select A5 from the list the resulting pdf has a size of 197 x 280 mm.Is there a setting or...
  5. Microsoft Print to PDF is not giving me the page size that I pick.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Microsoft Print to PDF not showing all available page sizes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Print to PDF not showing all available page sizes.: Windows 10 Home edition. Also happening on my work PC which is probably some Enterprise edition of Win10When I go to Print Server Properties for Microsoft Print to PDF I have over 50 page sizes set up including a few custom forms.When i try to print through Microsoft Print to...
  7. Microsoft Print to PDF not showing all available page sizes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Print to PDF not showing all available page sizes.: Windows 10 Home edition. Also happening on my work PC which is probably some Enterprise edition of Win10When I go to Print Server Properties for Microsoft Print to PDF I have over 50 page sizes set up including a few custom forms.When i try to print through Microsoft Print to...
  8. Microsoft Print to PDF not showing all available page sizes.

9. I added standard and custom size to Microsoft Print to PDF but they are not shown in...

I added standard and custom size to Microsoft Print to PDF but they are not shown in...: I added to C:\Windows\System32\spool\V4Dirs\1188A7A8-0D2D-47C3-A2B1-FEFF04A0D48D\69b8a4a.gpd*Option: A6 { *rcNameID: =RCID_DMPAPER_SYSTEM_NAME *PrintSchemaKeywordMap: "ISOA6" *PrintableOrigin: PAIR0, 0 *PrintableArea: PAIR1890000, 2664000 }*Option: FOLDED3A4 { *rcNameID:...
  10. Microsoft Print to PDF adding page sizes

Microsoft Print to PDF adding page sizes: I have created a bunch of forms in the Printer Server Properties but I can't see the newly page sizes in the Microsoft Print to PDF .The new forms I am trying to add are standard page sizes Arch C 18 X 24 and Arch D 24 X 36. Please help....