Windows 10: Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options

Discus and support Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options to defer and it keeps on updating when I don't want it to by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeorgeTsokhas, May 16, 2019.

1. Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options

Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options to defer and it keeps on updating when I don't want it to by shutting down

:)

GeorgeTsokhas, May 16, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, May 16, 2019
  3. saberman Win User
    Where Is The Defer Updates Option?

Windows 10 Pro x64

Standalone machine -- no domain controller.

I open Windows Update and click on Advanced but there isn't any option to Defer Updates. Where is it.

saberman, May 16, 2019
  4. Malacath Win User

Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options

Defer upgrade option

I have 3 laptops with Windows 10 Home on.

I just done a clean install on one of them to fix the Cortana not working in UK bug.

When going through all the settings to make sure it was set up properly I noticed there is a defer upgrade option in the windows update advanced settings.

This option isn't there on the other two laptops. I have checked and the clean install is still Windows 10 Home.

What is this defer upgrade option and why is it only showing up on one laptop when all 3 have windows 10 home on?

Malacath, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options

1. Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options - Similar Threads - Why can't defer

2. Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Options: So I went to Advanced Options by pressing restart and pressing and holding shift because I couldn't log in because it says 0x80090016 and I tried all of the methods and It wouldn't work, so I just settled for resetting my PC, but when I tried to reset my PC it just f's it up,...
  3. Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced Options: So I went to Advanced Options by pressing restart and pressing and holding shift because I couldn't log in because it says 0x80090016 and I tried all of the methods and It wouldn't work, so I just settled for resetting my PC, but when I tried to reset my PC it just f's it up,...
  4. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  5. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  6. I can't exit the advanced startup option

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't exit the advanced startup option: My Lenovo laptop wasn't turning off, I changed the power settings and that problem was solved, but now every time I start the laptop, it takes me to advanced startup options. I have have tried every option possible. Troubleshooting didn't help, used commands in Command...
  7. Defer Feature and Quality Update Setting Missing from Advanced Options AGAIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Defer Feature and Quality Update Setting Missing from Advanced Options AGAIN: Well it's back. I did upgrade to the May 2020 feature update 2004 for a short time and when I saw that this happened I rolled back to version 1909. The reason I upgraded to the Pro Edition of Windows 10 back in 2018 was so I can possibly avoid a "bad" update. I hope...
  8. advanced options

advanced options: computer stuck in advance options and options are turn of pc and advacned options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-options/0a8f8501-2e71-41bb-9070-103ca9e25b35
  9. Windows 10 V1903: The ‘broken’ defer update options

Windows 10 V1903: The ‘broken’ defer update options: Hi! Since May 2019 Update there is the problem that if you enter Values (Days) on Advanced Update Options in Windows 10 Pro to delay the "Feature Updates" and "Quality Updates" for more than 0 Days, these options will disappear completely at the next reboot. If you enter...
  10. Windows 10 'Defer Feature Update' Setting Missing from Advanced Options

Windows 10 'Defer Feature Update' Setting Missing from Advanced Options: Hello, I feel like this is a stupid question and the answer may come to me in the morning, however, the 'defer feature update' setting appears to be missing from my machine. This is what I should see and see regularly while I am working on machines at work: [ATTACH]...