Windows 10: Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options

Discus and support Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options to defer and it keeps on updating when I don't want it to by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeorgeTsokhas, May 16, 2019 at 3:58 AM.

1. Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options

Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options to defer and it keeps on updating when I don't want it to by shutting down

:)

GeorgeTsokhas, May 16, 2019 at 3:58 AM
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

3. saberman Win User
    Where Is The Defer Updates Option?

Windows 10 Pro x64

Standalone machine -- no domain controller.

I open Windows Update and click on Advanced but there isn't any option to Defer Updates. Where is it.

4. Malacath Win User

Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options

Defer upgrade option

I have 3 laptops with Windows 10 Home on.

I just done a clean install on one of them to fix the Cortana not working in UK bug.

When going through all the settings to make sure it was set up properly I noticed there is a defer upgrade option in the windows update advanced settings.

This option isn't there on the other two laptops. I have checked and the clean install is still Windows 10 Home.

What is this defer upgrade option and why is it only showing up on one laptop when all 3 have windows 10 home on?

Thema:

Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options

1. Why can't I defer updates on Windows 10 Home - there is no option in the Advanced Options - Similar Threads - Why can't defer

2. Help with Windows Update Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with Windows Update Advanced Options: I attempt to turn on automatically download updates option, and the on button switches to off without me clicking anything. I have windows 10 1803 How do I fix this, so I can be ready for the future upgrades for the windows 10 versions that come up....
  3. Advanced Options missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advanced Options missing: My Advanced Options when i open Troubleshoot only show startup setting, When restart, i press F8 then always open to startup setting. I want use command prompt but it not show! Please help me! Thank for everyone [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows 10 'Defer Feature Update' Setting Missing from Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 'Defer Feature Update' Setting Missing from Advanced Options: Hello, I feel like this is a stupid question and the answer may come to me in the morning, however, the 'defer feature update' setting appears to be missing from my machine. This is what I should see and see regularly while I am working on machines at work: [ATTACH]...
  5. How long can I keep the defer updates option ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long can I keep the defer updates option ?: I same running Win10 Pro and set the defer updates option. How long can I keep it ? I have no urge to do the Anniversary update. Thanks Gary*Cool 66684
  6. A Windows Update Advanced Option is Greyed Out

A Windows Update Advanced Option is Greyed Out: The option "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows" is off and greyed out since I did the Anniversary update. Does anyone know how I can fix this? [img] 59049
  7. Meaning of the "Defer upgrades" option

Meaning of the "Defer upgrades" option: Hi In the "Advanced options" of "Windows Update" there is the "Defer upgrades" option. If I select, what happens? Thanks Bye 8161
  8. No Advanced Restart Options

in Windows 10 Support
    No Advanced Restart Options: I sometimes check to confirm the advanced start-up options appear on my laptop usually by hitting Restart + Shift or choosing Settings / Recovery / Advanced Start-up. I just checked now and the PC just restarts. SFC / SCANNOW runs OK and the Win RE configuration seems OK...
  9. Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option): The same trick from Windows 8/8.1 still works in 10. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html Click on Start, click the power icon at the top of the Start Menu. Hold down Shift and click on Restart. [img] You will boot to the Choose an option...
  10. Advanced Startup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Startup Option: Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What must be the prblem? i just installed wndows 10 pro. 22998