Windows 10: Why can't i delete a hidden user in cmd?

Discus and support Why can't i delete a hidden user in cmd? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i type in the delete command it says "System Error 5 has occurred" and Access denied", what do i do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Meddlenot 2077, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Why can't i delete a hidden user in cmd?

When i type in the delete command it says "System Error 5 has occurred" and Access denied", what do i do?

:)

Meddlenot 2077, Jun 12, 2024

2. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Why can't i delete a hidden user in cmd? 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Jun 12, 2024
  3. Delete "hidden network"

Hi,

Deleting or Blocking available networks can only be done using Command Prompt. Follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Type netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid="WLAN name"
      networtype=infrastructure (Replace WLAN name with "hidden network" or the name of the wireless network you want to block) and press
      Enter.
    • Close Command Prompt.
    To remove/delete the network from the block list. Replace "add" with "delete" on the command in step two.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 12, 2024
  4. WojtasRed Win User

Why can't i delete a hidden user in cmd?

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

Why can't i delete a hidden user in cmd?

1. Why can't i delete a hidden user in cmd? - Similar Threads - Why can't delete

2. Why can't i delete a hidden user in cmd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i delete a hidden user in cmd?: When i type in the delete command it says "System Error 5 has occurred" and Access denied", what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-delete-a-hidden-user-in-cmd/c4dfdb1f-2462-49ca-ace5-40999bcb2621
  3. Why can't i delete a hidden user in cmd?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why can't i delete a hidden user in cmd?: When i type in the delete command it says "System Error 5 has occurred" and Access denied", what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-delete-a-hidden-user-in-cmd/c4dfdb1f-2462-49ca-ace5-40999bcb2621
  4. Why I can't find CMD file anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't find CMD file anymore: Hi, I was doing some stuff and I needed to rename the CMD file, I get back to put the original name but the file desaparece. Please help me, i don't know what to do...
  5. Why I can't find CMD file anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I can't find CMD file anymore: Hi, I was doing some stuff and I needed to rename the CMD file, I get back to put the original name but the file desaparece. Please help me, i don't know what to do...
  6. Why I can't find CMD file anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why can't I delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I delete?: I have three folders in my video file, 1 with music videos they play normal and 2 empty. Every time I try to delete them, I get the alert I can't see atch. It does that if I try one at a time or all three at the same time. Searches always brings me back to my video file....
  8. User Name I can't delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Name I can't delete: Ok, I don't know if this is a Windows 10 issue or a Carbonite issue. Just bought a new Windows 10 computer from Dell. Restored my files from Carbonite. Created a user name "Joe". When I go to the C: drive under Users, there is another user called "Smith39". I have no...
  9. I can't delete certain users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't delete certain users: So this PC is from a friend that sold it to me, and he left his users here. The thing is that i can't delete those 2 users he created for some reason, i can't find the option. When trying with mine there is an option to 'delete user'. His users appear inside a slot called...
  10. Can't delete user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't delete user: I have two users listed when I start the computer. Both accounts have the same name, but in Settings-Accounts-Family and other users, only one account shows up. I have reset and both accounts show up. Sometimes when I turn on the computer, it goes straight through, but...