Windows 10: WHY can't I delete any files under "documents" folder in my laptop?

Discus and support WHY can't I delete any files under "documents" folder in my laptop? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It's not the keyboard. I have to go as far as to drag those files to another folder to delete them, somehow the delete function just does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zhiying1, Nov 27, 2019.

1. zhiying1 Win User

WHY can't I delete any files under "documents" folder in my laptop?

It's not the keyboard.

I have to go as far as to drag those files to another folder to delete them, somehow the delete function just does not function in "documents", and I have tried deleting files in other folders, everything works.

previously, I couldn't delete anything from my laptop, including files from other folders, but after restoring windows, it only solved the problem partially.

Any suggestion to fix this is welcome & greatly appreciated, thank you!

:)

zhiying1, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    My Documents Files - Deleted?

For some reason all the files apart from My Games/Crysis Wars have been somehow deleted without my doing. Strangely, I went to play Crysis Wars the other day and my profiles were gone, thinking nothing of it I proceded to reset them up. Also strangely, I did not install any games folders in My Documents, somehow the folders Games/Crysis Wars just appeared, when, I really don't know. I have install my OS on a seperate hard drive and My Documents as well as every other folder used as storage is linked to another seperate HDD. Tried a system restore, still no good, why? Has Crysis somehow deleted/corrupted this folder? confused:

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

My Documents Files - Deleted?

I have a PC where I have moved My Docs away from my C: to my E: so i can perhaps suggest a few things to check.

1. The documents and settings folder will still be present on your C: (although unused)
    2. My Documents on my E: is shown as E:\Data (do you have a similar directory)
    3. Is your missing data in this \Data folder if it exists?
    4. If you click the My Documents shortcut does it take you to the default C:\doc and settings\blah blah, or does it take you to the \Data folder?

Ive had a similar issue with an application resetting the My Docs path back to its orig location and in essence orphaning the My Docs on my E:

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. WHY can't I delete any files under "documents" folder in my laptop? - Similar Threads - WHY can't delete

2. Why can't I create a text document in my folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I create a text document in my folder?: Ok so, I have a hoi4 mod file where I have to create text documents but the problem is that I can't create the document. I don't know what any of the advanced coding things to fix it is so please be very simple in your solution step by step. I do use notepad++...
  3. Why can't I create a text document in my folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I create a text document in my folder?: Ok so, I have a hoi4 mod file where I have to create text documents but the problem is that I can't create the document. I don't know what any of the advanced coding things to fix it is so please be very simple in your solution step by step. I do use notepad++...
  4. Can't delete any file or folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete any file or folder: Hello everyone! I am facing some serious issues with my Windows 10.0.19044 Pro, build 19044 Version 21H2. When I try to delete, copy, cut or paste any file, the windows explorer crashes and the file keeps unchanged. This happens in any folder and if I try using ADM...
  5. Can't delete any file or folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete any file or folder: Hello everyone! I am facing some serious issues with my Windows 10.0.19044 Pro, build 19044 Version 21H2. When I try to delete, copy, cut or paste any file, the windows explorer crashes and the file keeps unchanged. This happens in any folder and if I try using ADM...
  6. Can't delete any file or folder

7. Document can't delete or make folder/files

Document can't delete or make folder/files: My document can be accessed but can't be deleted or create a folder/file that says "You need permission to perform this action You require permission from user to make a change to this file" but I use my admin account and only my documents are like that other folders, for...
  8. Document can't delete or make folder/files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Document can't delete or make folder/files: My document can be accessed but can't be deleted or create a folder/file that says "You need permission to perform this action You require permission from user to make a change to this file" but I use my admin account and only my documents are like that other folders, for...
  9. Document can't delete or make folder/files

10. Deleting files and folders in Documents folder.

Deleting files and folders in Documents folder.: Why I cant delete folders and files in my documents folder also on some folders like videos and pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-files-and-folders-in-documents-folder/65b04852-3916-4099-b1ac-585106682994