Windows 10: Why can't I delete certain entries from the Registry as Administrator?

Discus and support Why can't I delete certain entries from the Registry as Administrator? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all - I'm trying to cleanup certain portions of the registry, being extremely careful. However, when I try to delete entries from this area of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Compumind, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Compumind Win User

Why can't I delete certain entries from the Registry as Administrator?

Hi all -

I'm trying to cleanup certain portions of the registry, being extremely careful.
    However, when I try to delete entries from this area of the registry, I cannot - even as true Administrator.

Why is that and is there a simple workaround? It's not crucial.

Note this highlighted section below.

I wish to delete duplicate/errant/old entries from the right side of the window pane.

Why can't I delete certain entries from the Registry as Administrator? [​IMG]

Thanks!

*Think

:)

Compumind, Apr 18, 2020

2. Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.

I tried steps like resetting winsock settings through Command prompt and deleting the registry entries. However, registry entries of winsock2 and winsock could not be deleted. On further steps of installing Adapter settings, I got a message that the steps
    could not be performed due to Group Policy settings. Please help.

madanghodke_1975, Apr 18, 2020
  3. OradeaP Win User
    Problems Registry entry Nokia C7

Hi

I need some help with Nokia C7

Registry entry erases call list every day . The day after I can´t check my old entries .

i tryed all the settings, but nothing.

Please help me solve it. it is very annoyng.

Thanks everybody

OradeaP, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Why can't I delete certain entries from the Registry as Administrator?

Registry entries missing

Hi Arvid,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

This might be due to the registry entries getting corrupted or missing. I would suggest you to click the article given below and try the 3rd step from the article first. If that doesn't work, continue with the other suggested troubleshooting steps one after
    the other.

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Why can't I delete certain entries from the Registry as Administrator?

1. Why can't I delete certain entries from the Registry as Administrator? - Similar Threads - Why can't delete

2. Registry entries deleted By erroneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry entries deleted By erroneously: I deleted Yellow and red Color Entries in autorun sysinternals Now in my laptop wifi Bluetooth keyboard touched HDD not working, device manager shows error code 32, events shows that device deleted. Please Help...
  3. Registry entries deleted By erroneously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry entries deleted By erroneously: I deleted Yellow and red Color Entries in autorun sysinternals Now in my laptop wifi Bluetooth keyboard touched HDD not working, device manager shows error code 32, events shows that device deleted. Please Help...
  4. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  5. Registry entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry entry: Desktop PC with Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1194.The registry has two entries for the Downloads folder as below for the same User -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B}...
  6. Registry Entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Registry Entry: Does anyone know what this registry entry is? When I run McAfee Quick Clean this registry entry can never be removed, is there a reason? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab}...
  7. registry entries

registry entries: ActiveX/COM Issue LocalServer32\C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier HKCR\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab} https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/registry-entries/739b6f1f-5482-41d7-98cc-c9cfc7df078c
  8. Is this a normal registry entry and can I delete it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a normal registry entry and can I delete it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ebojager [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l4em36/is_this_a_normal_registry_entry_and_can_i_delete/
  9. Entries in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Entries in Registry: Hello, While making some registry editing, found 17 entries named "Sign.Media". Don't know what it is, have not any program this name. Can I remove them from the registry ? Answers will be appreciated Thanks 140198
  10. Certain registry keys can’t be deleted

Certain registry keys can’t be deleted: I’m trying to delete registry keys associated with malware, but when I try to delete them manually I get an error that says this key can’t be deleted. What should I do?...