Windows 10: Why can't I delete certain entries from the Registry as Administrator?

Discus and support Why can't I delete certain entries from the Registry as Administrator? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all - I'm trying to cleanup certain portions of the registry, being extremely careful. However, when I try to delete entries from this area of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Compumind, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Compumind Win User

Why can't I delete certain entries from the Registry as Administrator?

Hi all -

I'm trying to cleanup certain portions of the registry, being extremely careful.
    However, when I try to delete entries from this area of the registry, I cannot - even as true Administrator.

Why is that and is there a simple workaround? It's not crucial.

Note this highlighted section below.

I wish to delete duplicate/errant/old entries from the right side of the window pane.

Why can't I delete certain entries from the Registry as Administrator? [​IMG]

Thanks!

*Think

:)

Compumind, Apr 18, 2020

2. Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.

I tried steps like resetting winsock settings through Command prompt and deleting the registry entries. However, registry entries of winsock2 and winsock could not be deleted. On further steps of installing Adapter settings, I got a message that the steps
    could not be performed due to Group Policy settings. Please help.

madanghodke_1975, Apr 18, 2020
  3. OradeaP Win User
    Problems Registry entry Nokia C7

Hi

I need some help with Nokia C7

Registry entry erases call list every day . The day after I can´t check my old entries .

i tryed all the settings, but nothing.

Please help me solve it. it is very annoyng.

Thanks everybody

OradeaP, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Why can't I delete certain entries from the Registry as Administrator?

Registry entries missing

Hi Arvid,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

This might be due to the registry entries getting corrupted or missing. I would suggest you to click the article given below and try the 3rd step from the article first. If that doesn't work, continue with the other suggested troubleshooting steps one after
    the other.

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Why can't I delete certain entries from the Registry as Administrator?

1. Why can't I delete certain entries from the Registry as Administrator? - Similar Threads - Why can't delete

2. A Suspect Registry Entry - is it from Microsoft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A Suspect Registry Entry - is it from Microsoft?: By random luck I'd found a strange entry in my Windows registry. Couldn't find any info about it / nope in google Does anybody know about this registry entry: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1725487095-3542248142-3856910469-1001\Software\Classes\ఀ No Value...
  3. I can't delete certain users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't delete certain users: So this PC is from a friend that sold it to me, and he left his users here. The thing is that i can't delete those 2 users he created for some reason, i can't find the option. When trying with mine there is an option to 'delete user'. His users appear inside a slot called...
  4. Entries in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Entries in Registry: Hello, While making some registry editing, found 17 entries named "Sign.Media". Don't know what it is, have not any program this name. Can I remove them from the registry ? Answers will be appreciated Thanks 140198
  5. Invalid Registry for Entry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid Registry for Entry: HELP!!!!! I cannot open any photos as I keep getting Invalid Registry for Entry message. What is that? Up until a few days ago I had no problem. Can anyone help me?...
  6. I can't delete certain file on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete certain file on desktop: Half year ago, my teacher sent me a compressed package file which is compressed in MAC system with her Apple Mac computer. When I unzipped it, I got this just in this figure. And no matter how hard to delete it, it didn't work. I thought maybe it would disappear when Windows...
  7. Certain registry keys can’t be deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Certain registry keys can’t be deleted: I’m trying to delete registry keys associated with malware, but when I try to delete them manually I get an error that says this key can’t be deleted. What should I do?...
  8. Deleting Registry Entries for Uninstalled Kies Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting Registry Entries for Uninstalled Kies Software: Hi all I recently uninstalled Kies from my laptop. Not long ago, on bootup, a popup asked did I want to run MASetupCleaner.exe. I declined. Then I went online and discovered it was a Kies file. I found two items in Task Manager, Startup Tab, called "Program" and brought...
  9. Duplicate entries in registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate entries in registry: I have found hundreds of duplicate entries in Windows 10 registry, is there a way to remove them simply? Just a few: [img] 99409
  10. Garbled Registry Entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Garbled Registry Entries: Hello, Was looking at registry to make a backup of some entries and saw the following garbled entries. Was wondering what this was all about. Recently, my machine, after latest windows updates, has been having issues waking up after Hibernate. This issue seemed to be...