Windows 10: why cant i delete files as an administrator

Discus and support why cant i delete files as an administrator in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i am the admin of my computer, and the only person the have acsess to this computer, so why are there files that i cant delete because they need... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JOEROHR, Jan 16, 2021.

1. JOEROHR Win User

why cant i delete files as an administrator

i am the admin of my computer, and the only person the have acsess to this computer, so why are there files that i cant delete because they need administrator permission?

:)

JOEROHR, Jan 16, 2021
  2. Nergal Win User

App for deleting files while being used by another process...

Most of the time, booting in safe mode, as administrator, will enable you to remove those files (maps).

however, there are some programs out there to do just whatyou ask, I once found one after some searching on google. So either try my suggestion, or in fact search on google perhaps?

"Force delete" will bring up enough info on this.

Nergal, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Unable to delete a file

Hi Brent,

There are a lot of possible reason why the issue occurs, we suggest that you access
    safe mode
    and
    delete the files there. If the same issue occur,
    reboot
    your PC and run these following
    methods of troubleshooting
    steps:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 3: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 16, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Deleting Hiberfil & Pagefile

You would have to move your Page File to a different drive to get rid of that file, however you can make is smaller by adjusting the size in Windows.

To get rid of Hyberfile.sys you need to disable hibernation by doing the following:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off, and then press ENTER.
    • Type exit and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window
    Then you can delete the hyberfile.sys file.

newtekie1, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

1. why cant i delete files as an administrator - Similar Threads - why cant delete

2. I cant delete a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant delete a file: I recorded a video that's 100GB in size and every time I right click it and press delete nothing happens for a couple seconds then my windows explorer crashes.I've tried force deleting it and using cmd prompt to delete it and nothing works. i just tried file assasin and tried...
  3. Why cant i delete this file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant i delete this file: I was trying to delete a folder but it keeps saying that the deleting process keeps being interuppted by the folder im trying to delete. I dont know what shappening and your the only help i have right now. Please help...
  4. Why cant i delete this file

Why cant i delete this file: I was trying to delete a folder but it keeps saying that the deleting process keeps being interuppted by the folder im trying to delete. I dont know what shappening and your the only help i have right now. Please help...
  5. why cant i delete this file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i delete this file?: I was going through my files and in the WindowsApps folder found a 14 gigabyte file called ParadoxInteractive and when i try to delete it this pops up, how can i fix this? and why does it say sharedassets102.assets?full file name:...
  6. why cant i delete this file?

why cant i delete this file?: I was going through my files and in the WindowsApps folder found a 14 gigabyte file called ParadoxInteractive and when i try to delete it this pops up, how can i fix this? and why does it say sharedassets102.assets?full file name:...
  7. I cant delete this file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant delete this file: When I want to delete this file, I select it and right-click but it dont show the "Delete". I also tried use Command Prompt, write: del F: \sources\install.esd but it said: Access is denied. How can I delete this files ?...
  8. I cant delete this file

I cant delete this file: When I want to delete this file, I select it and right-click but it dont show the "Delete". I also tried use Command Prompt, write: del F: \sources\install.esd but it said: Access is denied. How can I delete this files ?...
  9. i cant delete files

i cant delete files: Welcome to my application I can not delete, add or move files and folders how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-files/d3e45f0f-d811-4ec7-a68b-3daec7ad2baa
  10. Why not recognized as an Administrator for file deletion?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why not recognized as an Administrator for file deletion?: My Windows 10 Pro v1909 (18363.657) PC created a memory dump file as the result of a BSoD. After rebooting, File Explorer showed a blank for its owner. I TAKEOWNed the file so my personal account was the owner and also ICACLS /reset its access list. Its only attribute was/is...